TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Ford Racing Parts Direct"

Just thought all should know. If you plan on adding a Engine strut brace for your 2010 Shelby GT500, you have 2 choices.

1. JLT performace has a strut tower bar for $130 but you have to buy their Carbon Fibre Induction kit.

2. Ford Racing has one that will fit the 2010 GT500 as is. Costs $185 plus shipping. The strut tower brace is a very nice item, but they will screw you on the shipping and "handling". The shipping costs are $35.71 but the actually shipping is around $15 with the handling $20+. Plus, when I talked to them about it, they were terrible. As we say on the street, total a**holes. So even though I like the brace I will not buy anything else from them.

Thought all would like to know.

Racin' Randy

2. Ford Racing... <SNIP> will screw you on the shipping and "handling". The shipping costs are $35.71 but the actually shipping is around $15 with the handling $20+. Plus, when I talked to them about it, they were terrible.

I believe you are mistaken...

"Ford Racing" (i.e. Ford Racing Performance Parts or FRPP) does not deal directly with the public.

You have to buy FRPP parts from a FRPP dealer. Most Ford Motor Company dealerships are FRPP dealers and there are other independants like "Ford Racing Direct" that sell FRPP parts, but FORD RACING does not sell direct to the public.

You might want to make sure you know who you are trashing before you publically trash them!

Phill

I believe you are mistaken...

"Ford Racing" (i.e. Ford Racing Performance Parts or FRPP) does not deal directly with the public.

You have to buy FRPP parts from a FRPP dealer. Most Ford Motor Company dealerships are FRPP dealers and there are other independants like "Ford Racing Direct" that sell FRPP parts, but FORD RACING does not sell direct to the public.

You might want to make sure you know who you are trashing before you publically trash them!

Phill

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Ford Racing Parts Direct

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2010_SHELBY_GT500_MUSTANG_STRUT_TOWER_BRACE_p/m-20201-msvtc.htm

They screwed me over when I ordered some KR mufflers and canceled it before they shipped and they still charged me a 15% re-stocking fee.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Ford Racing Parts Direct

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2010_SHELBY_GT500_MUSTANG_STRUT_TOWER_BRACE_p/m-20201-msvtc.htm

They screwed me over when I ordered some KR mufflers and canceled it before they shipped and they still charged me a 15% re-stocking fee.

WHOA, LOL...can you say "illegal"? If you didn't take delivery, you didn't buy 'em!

I hope you used your credit card and put a dispute on that charge.

And thanks for the heads-up. I've been looking at buying a few things from FRDirect.

Phill

WHOA, LOL...can you say "illegal"? If you didn't take delivery, you didn't buy 'em!

I hope you used your credit card and put a dispute on that charge.

And thanks for the heads-up. I've been looking at buying a few things from FRDirect.

Phill

I actually had Citibank on a 3-way call with them. They claimed the mufflers were being drop shipped from another location and UPS had already picked it up and fee was for UPS to bring it back. I had my doubts, but whatever.

Since I started this thread, here is the company I dealt with. It says it is Ford Racing Parts Direct. Guess I forgot the last 2 words, sorry for the confusion. And I am not trashing anyone, I am just reporting my experience and what I am going to do about it and trying to warm others about their high handling charges. I assumed all would want to know about this.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/category_s/231.htm

Racin' Randy

Yep, I just ran a test order since I'd been thinking about ordering some stuff from them anyway, and I don't think it's right to complain about something that you can easily agree or not agree to pay... if it's too high, just buy somewhere else!

was going to order the bar and intake, but they wanted 60 to ship.............I dont think so.............

How does the TOTAL cost compare to others?

Like I said earlier - I wasn't thrilled about the high shipping cost either, but the TOTAL cost ended up being cheaper than others.

Just thought I would check out and see what Buy Ford Racing has the M-20201-MSVTC strut tower brace for the 2010 for. Did not see it on the site and called and they said it is $199.00 with free shipping. They are in the process on putting it on there site so you might call 734-459-0130. Maybe this will help out. They have been great to buy from.

Archived