TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ILSTANG car spotted in IL

TwinTurboBoss

His car was built after yours. His was shipped out on the 24th. Had the trucking company not messed up the shipping he would have had it 4 days ago. My car was built In january & I have had it for 16days. Luck of the draw I guess...

Grabber, your car may not show until beginning of march?

They may have had shifter problems and the spare inflation canister problem but there are other problems they do not want to talk about!

You can take that one to the B A N K !

Are you talking about Starters and catalystic converters. I heard that from a little birdie!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a busy day but will try to get over and check out my car today. If it checks out fine I will let the group know. I think there is clearly something else happening at the plant to cause such delays on some of the cars. I am going to pay close attention to body fit, spoilier damage, paint quality. Thanks TTB for your help in monitoring my car. If I had not called at each step the delays would have been much longer.

you are more than welcome ILSTANG. Things were going much to smooth on your delivery. lol hope the car makes up for glitch with the trucker.

better for them to be a few days late vs the early and careless that sometimes happens. It was nice you were able to do most of the legwork. Your intitial legwork paid off too.

Are you going to have to put on chains to get it home? lol

Just got back from dealer went over the car very completely, paint, doors and fender alignment are perfect. Only thing I could find was small part of side stripe missing. The car is awesome. How do I up load pictures.

When you click reply, and type in the box...you'll see at the bottom an empty box with a "browse..." button next to it. Click on browse, find the pic on your pc, select it, click ok, then click the green "upload" button. You must do this for each pic separately.

Dave

ILSTANG,

I am glad your car arrived in excellent condition. Since our builds were only a day apart, it gives me encouragement that my fit and finish will be superb also. You lucked out on the tire inflator and shift linkage problem. I will be lucky to even see my car this month.

This car is a tough car for Ford to produce and get shipped period. It seems like they can't get a steady stream going. As you all know it has been one problem after the next that has hampered the production and delivery of this car. I predict that the kinks will never get worked out. If they can't work the glitches out in 10 months, then they never will. You know this is costing them big time money. Just think, If I would of had my car last month, then they would have my money and it would be in there bank, instead it is still in mine. Multiply that times all the cars setting in there parking lot, and you have one big loss of a chunk of change. I think they call it intrest. :doh:

ILSTANG,

I am glad your car arrived in excellent condition. Since our builds were only a day apart, it gives me encouragement that my fit and finish will be superb also. You lucked out on the tire inflator and shift linkage problem. I will be lucky to even see my car this month.

This car is a tough car for Ford to produce and get shipped period. It seems like they can't get a steady stream going. As you all know it has been one problem after the next that has hampered the production and delivery of this car. I predict that the kinks will never get worked out. If they can't work the glitches out in 10 months, then they never will. You know this is costing them big time money. Just think, If I would of had my car last month, then they would have my money and it would be in there bank, instead it is still in mine. Multiply that times all the cars setting in there parking lot, and you have one big loss of a chunk of change. I think they call it intrest. :doh:

I think you are right on the difficulty Ford is haveing producing and delivering a speciality car like this but in the long run that will probably mean less produced. Glad to have my car too but wish the weather would clear so I can get it home and test it out. Car came with 6.8 miles on the odometer. Looking forward to driving it home at the end of the week. I am not in as much of a hurry to add mods. Still planning to add the 40th year package but have time to decide on that too. I am 33rd on the shelby list.

I think you are right on the difficulty Ford is haveing producing and delivering a speciality car like this but in the long run that will probably mean less produced. Glad to have my car too but wish the weather would clear so I can get it home and test it out. Car came with 6.8 miles on the odometer. Looking forward to driving it home at the end of the week. I am not in as much of a hurry to add mods. Still planning to add the 40th year package but have time to decide on that too. I am 33rd on the shelby list.

I am looking forward to some more new arrival photos once your bring your new baby home. She looks great.

ILSTANG,

Rob, sadly, I bet this happens on nearly every car they make (and GM/Dodge/Nissan/Toyota too...not just Ford). It's just that we (Joe customer) never hears about it because customers don't have their "ears to the ground" on a Chevy Malibu like we do on this car. In my experience in operations, there are many such problems. It happens so often in our company that our plants have documented triage plans to deal with when there's a quality issue...it's required by management. It will tell who to get involved, what rules you apply to decide on stopping shipment, how many parts to sample in a quality lab, and so on. Typically the issues are minor and get worked out quickly...and sometimes they are false alarms too.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying it's right...just saying it's reality. You are correct, it's an ENORMOUS loss of money, and there are huge opportunities to improve...and that's what companies need to do better at.

I remember one case study I did in MBA school where a company had a product that required o-rings. Of all the o-rings used, two of them looked alike, but were different by 1/64" in diameter...you could not easily tell the difference even if you had one of each in your hand. They asked the supplier to make one black rubber and the other a different color. The supplier sent back a quote saying it would cost $.01 per o-ring for the coloring. The purchasing group said no, it would hurt their cost-reduction efforts. So 8 months later, the company had to shut down the line and had 13 people disassembling parts to see how many we'd gotten wrong. That's biting off your leg to save your foot.

Dave

Roads cleared enough to drive home. What a car supercharger kicked in around 16 miles. Spun the tires twice and fishtailed once. The car is awesome. Put 75 miles on it hard to keep under 100mph. Why is there a 1st gear? Car is just raw power nothing fancy. The shaker 1000 is increadible. The car is quiet with no shakes depite the fact it is a convertible. Even if it was not quiet just turn up the radio. Wish it was summer. I cannot take it so will be going out again now.

Roads cleared enough to drive home. What a car supercharger kicked in around 16 miles. Spun the tires twice and fishtailed once. The car is awesome. Put 75 miles on it hard to keep under 100mph. Why is there a 1st gear? Car is just raw power nothing fancy. The shaker 1000 is increadible. The car is quiet with no shakes depite the fact it is a convertible. Even if it was not quiet just turn up the radio. Wish it was summer. I cannot take it so will be going out again now.

Ilstang,

Now that you got the car and cleaned it up, tell us about it and give us some photos.

:baby:

Ilstang,

Now that you got the car and cleaned it up, tell us about it and give us some photos.

:baby:

I put 150 miles on the car yesterday and had a great time. I will be taking it to our mustang club meeting today. I had a blast driving it and took my daughter to the father daughter dance in it last night. Everyone loves the color, the sound,and look of the car. Wheel hop --- yes. Shaker 1000 great. Here are a couple of pictures.

post-7437-1171201348_thumb.jpgpost-7437-1171201366_thumb.jpgpost-7437-1171201387_thumb.jpg

post-7437-1171201348_thumb.jpg

post-7437-1171201366_thumb.jpg

post-7437-1171201387_thumb.jpg

Very nice ILStang. First vert version I have seen of my color combo coupe. Very very impressive. Be careful on that cold pavement! Geez, my last father daughter dance was so long ago but seems like just yesterday. Really gave me a memorable moment when you said that. My girls are just growing up way too fast. But, at least I have my new girl resting in the garage just waiting for me to take her to the next dance this spring!

Enjoy!

I put 150 miles on the car yesterday and had a great time. I will be taking it to our mustang club meeting today. I had a blast driving it and took my daughter to the father daughter dance in it last night. Everyone loves the color, the sound,and look of the car. Wheel hop --- yes. Shaker 1000 great. Here are a couple of pictures.

post-7437-1171201348_thumb.jpgpost-7437-1171201366_thumb.jpgpost-7437-1171201387_thumb.jpg

Sweet photos. Be careful with that new baby. The Color looks great. Hope they don't sand the roads out your way. Drive safe. :shift:

Very nice ILStang. First vert version I have seen of my color combo coupe. Very very impressive. Be careful on that cold pavement! Geez, my last father daughter dance was so long ago but seems like just yesterday. Really gave me a memorable moment when you said that. My girls are just growing up way too fast. But, at least I have my new girl resting in the garage just waiting for me to take her to the next dance this spring!

Enjoy!

What do you think about adding the stripe? I am on the fence because I think it looks great without a stripe but the striped verts look really good.

ILStang - just wondering what dealership you purchased from? Or at least the city? Last week I saw a blue Shelby on a transport in my town but I was driving and couldn't tell if it was a vert or had stripes. Also, the transporter had all GM cars on it with the Shelby on the lower level closest to the tractor (cab).

ILStang - just wondering what dealership you purchased from? Or at least the city? Last week I saw a blue Shelby on a transport in my town but I was driving and couldn't tell if it was a vert or had stripes. Also, the transporter had all GM cars on it with the Shelby on the lower level closest to the tractor (cab).

My car was delivered to a smmall dealership outside of Springfield IL

Archived