TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Gauges hard to see in sunlight

I posted a while back on this same topic. The gauges are almost impossible to see on a bright sunny day. If you are wearing sunglasses - forget it totally. Mine is a 2007 GT500. The gauges are gray. I had a Cobra with white face gauges and they were easy to see in bright light. Has this been a concern to others and what has been done to help? Thanks for any insight to help my sight. Turning on the lights makes them even dimmer. At night the view is fantastic, as you already know.

Yep, Ford blew it on this car. The traditional SVT white face gauges would have probably helped. I don't understand why the mule test drivers didn't report this back to SVT during their desert testing days.

I posted a while back on this same topic. The gauges are almost impossible to see on a bright sunny day. If you are wearing sunglasses - forget it totally. Mine is a 2007 GT500. The gauges are gray. I had a Cobra with white face gauges and they were easy to see in bright light. Has this been a concern to others and what has been done to help? Thanks for any insight to help my sight. Turning on the lights makes them even dimmer. At night the view is fantastic, as you already know.

Hi Denny!

The problem is you live in Eastern WA, way too much sunshine. :shades:

In Western WA we don't have that problem we rarely see the sun. :mad:

Hope to see you at the Round UP and Millwood :peelout:

Hi Denny!

The problem is you live in Eastern WA, way too much sunshine. :shades:

In Western WA we don't have that problem we rarely see the sun. :mad:

Hope to see you at the Round UP and Millwood :peelout:

Hello Bad Snake. I apologize, I do not remember you and your lovely wife's names. We will be at the Round Up and working Millwood. I am undecided what car to bring to the Round Up. The 67 has never been to the West Side.

I can not believe others have not had trouble seeing the gauges. When the sun shines directly on them they are fine. If the sun is coming in the front window they are recessed in the shadows. Check yours again under the described conditions and let me know. By the way, we had the wettest June on record. Glad to see it gone.

Denny

In KY, we had the hottest June on record. I have no problems seeing the gauges in my vert in any lighting conditions, only the radio fades out in direct sun......then again I'm wearing bi-focal sunglasses 100% of the time I'm in it......

Archived