TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brembo brakes

What do I need to put Brembos from a 2007/2008 GT500 on my car (besides the calipers of course)?

Will my factory wheels fit over them? If not, will 2007/2008 GT500 tires and rims fit my car without changing anything?

Is there any difference between the tire and rims from a coupe compared to those of a vert.

Thanks,

Bob

You'll need a bigger wheel. Yes, the GT500 wheels will fit over them. They are kind of on the heavey side though. You'll need 14" rotors as well. You should be able to find some GT500 take offs with low miles somewhere on line...forum classifieds, ebay, etc.

Why are you planning on upgrading ? The stock GT brakes are plenty for street use.

The stock wheels will not fit unless you use spacers, I went with 20's and sold the stock wheels, don't forget to add SS braided lines, the Brembos do weigh quite a bit but do feel firmer on constant hard braking, and they look much better than the stock calipers.

The stock wheels will not fit unless you use spacers, I went with 20's and sold the stock wheels, don't forget to add SS braided lines, the Brembos do weigh quite a bit but do feel firmer on constant hard braking, and they look much better than the stock calipers.

Here's a page on the Brembo/GT500 upgrade and HowTo fit the stock wheels with spacers:

CJ's page

One day I will try the SVT "Fanblades" for fit; I wouldn't expect them to be different from the stock wheels, but tolerances in that area are small, and you never know ...

Here's a page on the Brembo/GT500 upgrade and HowTo fit the stock wheels with spacers:

CJ's page

One day I will try the SVT "Fanblades" for fit; I wouldn't expect them to be different from the stock wheels, but tolerances in that area are small, and you never know ...

Today was the day:

The "Fanblades" do not clear the Brembo-from-GT500 calipers. Close but no cigar.

Good news:

With the H&R one-inch (25mm) spacers, like those in CJ's example, they clear just fine, and

the "Fanblades" have pockets in the hub so there is no need to cut any off the studs, like was necessary

on the stock "Bullitt" wheels in CJ's example.

With the spacers, the wheel face is pretty close to flush with the fender lip.

Does anyone know whether the stainless steel Goodridge lines from a Mustang GT will drop right into the GT500 Brembos, or is it necessary to purchase a set of stainless lines built specifically for the Brembos?

Does anyone know whether the stainless steel Goodridge lines from a Mustang GT will drop right into the GT500 Brembos, or is it necessary to purchase a set of stainless lines built specifically for the Brembos?

Same lines, my Brembo kit came with the same Goodridge lines.

Archived