TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What have you beat? What's beat you?

TX STIG

These are all relatively short runs through 2 or 3 gears on the street...

Beat:

•  
  • New Camaro V8 - 4th and 5th gears from 75+ mph (at next light owner told me he wished he'd gotten a GT500)
  • New Challenger w/ big Hemi - 4th and 5th gears from 70+ mph
  • Late model Corvette (non Z06) - 3rd and 4th gears from 60+ mph
  • Previous generation Cadillac CTS-V - 1st and 2nd gears from a light (owner looked pissed in my rear view mirror)
  • Various BMW's, Mustang GT's, family sedans driven by mom with children cheering her on, and a few Harley's

Been Beat:

•  
  • Nissan GT-R - 3rd and 4th gears from 65+ mph (found out later it was highly modified)
  • Late model GTO - 2nd gear from 20+ mph (only very short runs due to traffic, but it was slightly pulling ahead - really surprised me!)

Been Beat:

[*]Late model GTO - 2nd gear from 20+ mph (only very short runs due to traffic, but it was slightly pulling ahead - really surprised me!)

Really? Wow. I've heard they are quick but I didn't think they were *that* quick.

I also hear those Pontiac G....fives? Sixes? What is that thing? The basic car that a GTO is before it's optioned up with the GTO package...anyway, I hear they are exceptionally quick too, just without all fhe "flash" the GTO has (hood vents, etc.).

Interesting....

Phill Pollard

(Note to self: Self? Don't f*ck with a late model Pontiac GTO!)

as a long time Pontiac guy, i can say the newer GTOs are really very fast--stock they runlow 13s--so if you have trouble hooking up they'll nail you early, too bad they never sold real well, and then were killed Im surprised you beat a late model vette--my wife has beaten me in her 07 more than once.Theyve got 1000lbs advantage and really hook up--shes has the paddle shift deal,so can out shift me easily--on well.

I did out run a M5 during a very cold day (14) which gave me alot more hp---dont know if he just gave up when we hit 70 off a light (very early,no cars) on a Sat on my way to a cruise.But i could see him shaking his head in wonder

Just wasted a new SS Camaro yesterday, guy was driving like a total douche cutting people off to line up next to me at a light. It was even off the line and I had very little wheel spin but as soon as I heard the SC kick on I pulled ahead and fast. I took it up to about 70 and braked as I do when street racing. Had about 2 car lengths on him by then.

just got my 2011 about a week ago and been tearing around town. finally got next to a new camaro ss and smoked him with traction on in 1st and 2nd. today leaving a car show got behind a new camaro super charged 556hp. we both took off from 2nd gear and i swear i almost rear ended him, then i blew by him, either he couldnt drive or i scared the hell out of him.

Trust me, the GTO had been modded too.

It would have been interesting to have gone through 3rd, which is when these things really get moving.

I have no doubt. It had racing decals on it (which I know adds extra HP), and the guy was making a point to hang around so we could race. I don't think we ever got much over 50 mph.

Just wasted a new SS Camaro yesterday, guy was driving like a total douche cutting people off to line up next to me at a light. It was even off the line and I had very little wheel spin but as soon as I heard the SC kick on I pulled ahead and fast. I took it up to about 70 and braked as I do when street racing. Had about 2 car lengths on him by then.

I tend not to try to initiate a race. I slowly passed the Camaro at about 70 mph and he pulled back up next to me. Once someone does that you know it's on. I left it in 4th gear just to see how my car would do, but I knew I'd launch a lot harder if I dropped it to 3rd. He took off and I stayed beside him for about 1-2 seconds, then the Shelby started to really pull away. I'm not sure when he gave up, but I put A LOT of space between us.

A couple miles up the road was a light and he pulled up next to me and stopped in the turning lane. He asked what I'm putting down at the wheels and was sick that he didn't get a Shelby instead. I asked if his was a manual and then he complained about that as well saying it's an automatic because his wife can't drive a manual. LOL He said he was amazed how hard the Shelby pulled. That made my day!

My Brother-In-Law bought a new 2010 Camaro about two weeks before we got the GT500. He invited us to his house for dinner and stated bring the mustang with you. Well we arrived and talked about cars for a few and I offered a quick ride before dinner with the understanding that the "race" would come later. Long story short, after q quick 1st, 2nd, 3rd run up to about 90mph he stated there would be no race after dinner. HAHA!

I tend not to try to initiate a race. I slowly passed the Camaro at about 70 mph and he pulled back up next to me. Once someone does that you know it's on. I left it in 4th gear just to see how my car would do, but I knew I'd launch a lot harder if I dropped it to 3rd. He took off and I stayed beside him for about 1-2 seconds, then the Shelby started to really pull away. I'm not sure when he gave up, but I put A LOT of space between us.

A couple miles up the road was a light and he pulled up next to me and stopped in the turning lane. He asked what I'm putting down at the wheels and was sick that he didn't get a Shelby instead. I asked if his was a manual and then he complained about that as well saying it's an automatic because his wife can't drive a manual. LOL He said he was amazed how hard the Shelby pulled. That made my day!

Awesome!

Man what I'd give for some of those roads you guys have in Texas......how can your black car stand the sun out there? I'd be afraid to drive black down there without worrying about my paint fading.....and you'd have to wax/wash the thing indoors to avoid spots!

Why anyone would allow their wife to influence their toy is beyond me....if my wife ever said she didn't know how to drive stick that would be the first thing I'd teach her....in my focus!

Awesome!

Man what I'd give for some of those roads you guys have in Texas......how can your black car stand the sun out there? I'd be afraid to drive black down there without worrying about my paint fading.....and you'd have to wax/wash the thing indoors to avoid spots!

Why anyone would allow their wife to influence their toy is beyond me....if my wife ever said she didn't know how to drive stick that would be the first thing I'd teach her....in my focus!

I would not want black as a daily driver. If that were the case I'd go with white or silver. My wash routine is generally at night via high-pressure car wash, quick dry off with a micro-fiber towel, short drive home then blow out crevasses with air hose, let dry overnight, next morning spray with Turtle Wax Ice and wipe down with more micro-fiber towels.

No kills in the 2010 GT500. But I do have my last kill in my Whipple HO 2006 GT on video and it was against a new 2010 Camaro SS automatic. We were parked at the local car hangout and the guy was telling me that his new SS was a 12 sec car (according to the internet). I BS'd him a bit and told him I had about 400 hp just like him and it would be a close race. The Whipple HO is over 500 HP so he was in for a rude awakening. And no I don't have a mullet. My hair is long all around and I had my bangs behind my ears so my hair doesn't hang in my eye's. Here's the video my wife took. Heh Heh !!

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mustangclaude/?action=view&current=GTvsCamaro0001.flv

My hair is long all around and I had my bangs behind my ears so my hair doesn't hang in my eye's. Here's the video my wife took. Heh Heh !!

http://s147.photobuc...sCamaro0001.flv

Dude I clicked on your video and thought that some of your other videos looked interesting. I really love this one. http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mustangclaude/?action=view&current=CalStamp1991.flv

Were you the skinny one? That video is awesome it totally reminds me of when I was a wild man in the 80's and early 90's.

Back on topic I have smoked a M5, every single import and everything I have raced expect once I F'ed up I was at a light next to a Dodge Charger SRT and all I did was spin and he was gone. I learned a lesson that day about feathering the throttle.

Dude I clicked on your video and thought that some of your other videos looked interesting. I really love this one. http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mustangclaude/?action=view&current=CalStamp1991.flv

Were you the skinny one? That video is awesome it totally reminds me of when I was a wild man in the 80's and early 90's.

That took place in Calgary Alberta during the 1991 Calgary Stampede. I went down there to party with some friends(I lived in Edmonton) and my one buddy Robbie (R.I.P.) brought his camcorder. That was a fight between a couple random dudes. I was just a spectator having a good laugh.

Here's another question:

Would you race something that you're pretty sure will beat you?

Yep, helps me learn. I've learned ego only gets in the way of becoming quicker, and if it's not for $$$ & is in a safe place I don't care if I lose to something better performing, or much more expensive.

I've lost to my dad's ZR1, friends Viper, another buddies Z06 a buddies GTR, a frickin Suburu (spelling) which taught me not to dump the clutch bc I spun and he was gone. These experiences helped me learn how to shift this car a lot better and launch for better traction. All of these were with my car bone stock & didn't loose by much more than a car length except for the new Z06, I missed 3rd.

As far as kills, I've beat all the rice burners so far (except the GTR) like the Z, tricked out supra etc. Beat a GN, couple mustang GT's, few Corvettes probably base or grand touring & a Z06 that I don't think pushed his 100%, a couple camaros (1 was sc I know), challengers, m3 / m5, ctv, cts.

I'm expecting better results with my new mods about to be put on. Bring on the traction!

Here's another question:

Would you race something that you're pretty sure will beat you?

Yep, helps me learn. I've learned ego only gets in the way of becoming quicker, and if it's not for $$$ & is in a safe place I don't care if I lose to something better performing, or much more expensive.

I've lost to my dad's ZR1, friends Viper, another buddies Z06 a buddies GTR, a frickin Suburu (spelling) which taught me not to dump the clutch bc I spun and he was gone. These experiences helped me learn how to shift this car a lot better and launch for better traction. All of these were with my car bone stock & didn't loose by much more than a car length except for the new Z06, I missed 3rd.

As far as kills, I've beat all the rice burners so far (except the GTR) like the Z, tricked out supra etc. Beat a GN, couple mustang GT's, few Corvettes probably base or grand touring & a Z06 that I don't think pushed his 100%, a couple camaros (1 was sc I know), challengers, m3 / m5, ctv, cts.

I'm expecting better results with my new mods about to be put on. Bring on the traction!

Is your dad's ZR1 a new one? If so, I'd expect it to beat you by the length of Rhode Island, much less a car length!

Is your dad's ZR1 a new one? If so, I'd expect it to beat you by the length of Rhode Island, much less a car length!

It was a 09 he just sold it. He doesn't drive cars to 100%, more like 95% (you should see him in mine) and we didn't run a full 1/4 by any means, on any of our races. I had a lot more fun in it than he did as far as going fast, trust me. If I remember though they state they run low 11.3 stock in the 1/4 new, so still not that far off (from a professional driver in an 2010GT500!) but it was real fast off the line compared to mine on the street. Actually ridiculous off the line. Gov't motors turned he & I off from GM/Chevy 4 ever I believe and I hate saying that but it's true. My first car was a 69 Z28 Camaro, I always loved Chevy's performance cars until the Gov't became their main owner & the new Camaros came out. I've always had Ford trucks, this is my first Ford car.

All of mine have been freeway driving with the exception of one feeder street to the freeway;

2 BMW M3's-both guys had women with them-demoralizing for them

1 Vette GS-he was bald

2 Camaro SS's-both youngsters

1 Camaro SC-He followed me to the gas station to take a pic

1 M6-He had no idea of how to drive

The Dodge guys stay away from me and I have not had the opportunity to find a Z-06. Strangely, I don't look to race anyone, it is always a challenge from the other driver.

Archived