TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Spoiler Template?

Bubblehead Jim

I have a 2007 Shelby GT and purchased the Ford Racing SVT rear spoiler (GT500 spoiler) for it. I know, I know... it's a spoiler delete by design, but I LOVE the spoiler look. It comes with no template for drilling the four holes, but fits the factory holes of Mustang GT, GT 500, etc. Is there anyone out there that can give me the exact dimensions of where the factory spoiler holes are located instead of just eyeballing it? Thanks in advance!

I have a 2007 Shelby GT and purchased the Ford Racing SVT rear spoiler (GT500 spoiler) for it. I know, I know... it's a spoiler delete by design, but I LOVE the spoiler look. It comes with no template for drilling the four holes, but fits the factory holes of Mustang GT, GT 500, etc. Is there anyone out there that can give me the exact dimensions of where the factory spoiler holes are located instead of just eyeballing it? Thanks in advance!

It's funny Jim...I placed my order in Jan.07 for my GT500 and BEGGED for a spoiler 'delete'...they denied! Spin the clock forward three years, and it has finally grown on me. I bet you could get a template from the boys at Motorsports. They have ALWAYS been very cordial to me when pressed for odd stuff! #1-800-FORD-788

I can't remember the name of the guy that has helped me from time to time...but they are all rarin' to help!!

Hope this helps!

Bikeboy

It's funny Jim...I placed my order in Jan.07 for my GT500 and BEGGED for a spoiler 'delete'...they denied! Spin the clock forward three years, and it has finally grown on me. I bet you could get a template from the boys at Motorsports. They have ALWAYS been very cordial to me when pressed for odd stuff! #1-800-FORD-788

I can't remember the name of the guy that has helped me from time to time...but they are all rarin' to help!!

Hope this helps!

Bikeboy

B T W...what will ya do for a stripe continuation up over it??? :)

I don't think you want to do it my ?? I eyeballed then measured and got lucky

B T W...what will ya do for a stripe continuation up over it??? :)

I found a very talented guy here that makes his living doing nothing but striping for the Ford dealers and local body shops and he knew exactly what needed to done. He also mentioned that there has been an ongoing problem with GT 500 factory striping chafing where it meets the black scoops. Dealers have been replacing as a warranty issue. He believed that it was resulting from the grilles shifting and making contact with striping edge.

Thanks Guys!

Archived