TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Haldeman Ford NJ refusing to sell a 2009 KR at quoted price

Tout

Long story short, I had been looking for a 2008/09 KR to purchase , in the process for checking the internet I ran across an ad by Haldeman Ford subaru in NJ , the ad was for a new GT500, it gave the VIN number and pictures of the car, the car is a Gt500 but upgraded to a KR, their asking price was 47,330.00 which was a bargin. I emailed and said I wanted the car, Monday I contacted the internet sales person{ Steve Leonardo] and said I had left a email and now wanted to set up a time to pay in full for the car. Steve balked from the first mention of 47,330 for the car, I said you have it advertised for that which he said it must be a mistake. So now I'm waiting for the general manager to call me back[Margaret] and have a discussion with her. The ad clearly shows the Ford VIN for the car and a picture of the same number on the car.

I will post the original ad when I figure out how to do so, any help in this would be apreciated.

Tout

Long story short, I had been looking for a 2008/09 KR to purchase , in the process for checking the internet I ran across an ad by Haldeman Ford subaru in NJ , the ad was for a new GT500, it gave the VIN number and pictures of the car, the car is a Gt500 but upgraded to a KR, their asking price was 47,330.00 which was a bargin. I emailed and said I wanted the car, Monday I contacted the internet sales person{ Steve Leonardo] and said I had left a email and now wanted to set up a time to pay in full for the car. Steve balked from the first mention of 47,330 for the car, I said you have it advertised for that which he said it must be a mistake. So now I'm waiting for the general manager to call me back[Margaret] and have a discussion with her. The ad clearly shows the Ford VIN for the car and a picture of the same number on the car.

I will post the original ad when I figure out how to do so, any help in this would be apreciated.

Tout

Unless the ad specifically doesn't have a "not responsible for typos" disclaimer I don't think you'll have a leg to stand on. The 47K is the base price of the GT 500. Shelby adds about 31 K for the KR package. If you look at the Ford window sticker it says " NOT legal for sale" because the emissions were completed and noted as such on the final Shelby window sticker listing the total final price. I really don't think they will honor the base price as the final price but if they do you will have a great deal! You can always post a link to the ad here.

Good Luck

Andy

This is a very common issue with KRs. The internet manger only based the price on the Ford MSRP sticker and not the SAI additional KR sticker - an additional $36K.

I have seen this 10-15 times on Ebay in the last couple of years.

Another clear example that modern car dealers, for the most part, don't know dick about the products they sell.

Well not surprisingly, they fixed their F-up now....

http://haldemancar.com/New-Inventory/2009_Ford_Mustang_Hamilton_Square_1ZVHT88S795141336.aspx

Good luck with your quest!

From dealership website:

All vehicles are sold on an "as-is" basis unless stated otherwise. All prices plus sales tax and shop supplies where applicable. Picture may not represent actual vehicle. Prices and special offers are subject to change. Mileage listings are estimates and are not necessarily accurate odometer readings. Some vehicle information and vehicle pricing may be unintentionally missing or inaccurate, and Haldeman Ford of Hamilton will endeavor to correct such discrepancies in a commercially reasonable manner upon Customer notification of such errors or omissions, but pricing errors and listing errors are considered invalid and may or may not be honored at the sole discretion of Haldeman Ford of Hamilton and its participating dealerships. Payment calculator should not be used for exact finance amounts determined with approved credit. Daily changes in inventory may result in the unavailability of certain vehicles listed on-line. A commercially reasonable effort will be made to keep the inventory database current on a multi-week basis.

I'm not an attorney but that looks pretty solid to me.

The ad was through cars .com I don't see any disclaimers on that ad. for the information displayed. The ad clearly has the cars VIN stated and the pictures of the car being sold show the VIN also, so this is the car being sold. As of this afternoon the sales manager has not called me back to even talk about the car, I guess I will be a PITA Tuesday and call every 15 min.

Tout

FYI the same thing happened to me with the same dealer and the same ad on cars.com about 5 months ago and then they corrected it the next day. They told me the same exact thing but at that time they wanted 72k. I continued my search for a GT500 and a month later noticed the car was relisted again with the incorrect price. The dealer is well aware the vehicle is being listed on cars.com with the incorrect price.

FYI Do not buy in NY or NJ. I got my GT500 in MD for 47.

And mine in NY. Brand New 09Vista Blue KR, 4 months ago for $59,999 and love it. Local to me. Beats paying some retard to ship it to you only to damage it.

Just use the misprint to talk to the manager and get that price down. And always go to the sales manager. Dont waste your time with the dealer.

• 6 months later...

This KR is still for sale at Haldeman. And is still listed for $62,995.

I live 5 minutes down the road and bought my shelby from them (yes in NJ) and got a good deal. Tax, title and gas guzzler $47k.

Now I pass this car almost daily. It sits outside, rain, snow and sleet. It just kills me. Mine's a garage queen. Barely seen rain.

Maybe it's me, but I would think they would be trying harder to move this car. How long can they continue to sit on it and let it sit outside in the elements weathering.

Tout

FYI... The guy announcing on Barrett Jackson made the SAME mistake! LOL!!!! He looked at the sticker on the side of the KR and told everyone it cost the original owner $47k! Knucklehead didn't see the other sticker adding $35k to the price. Told everyone the original owner made a nice profit selling if at auction for $72k. :hysterical: He lost money... :(

Well this car dealer is honest :happy feet: :happy feet: ..... seriously though if TOUT can get that car at that price ... for a new untitled KR thats a hell of price.

Most of my prices that I have found for other forum members have been in the low to mid $50 k range ........ but they are getting harder to find

Archived