TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new Shelby FINALLY arrived!

rgfloyd1

After waiting three long months since ordering, my new 2011 Shelby GT500 finally arrived last week. I've owned performance cars before (Torino GT, Corvette, Mit.3000GT), but this one blows them all away in EVERY way! I LOVE IT!!!

After waiting three long months since ordering, my new 2011 Shelby GT500 finally arrived last week. I've owned performance cars before (Torino GT, Corvette, Mit.3000GT), but this one blows them all away in EVERY way! I LOVE IT!!!

Aaahhh... I remember the feeling three very short years ago!

Ordered my 500 on Jan.3---built Feb.16 (one day after my b/day)---del. Apr.3...all in 2007. I remember stating on my V.I.P. form to Ford that I felt like a high school kid again with just the OPPORTUNITY to be able to own one of these!! :) At that time just turning 46 y.o. , I was finally at a position in my life to be able to afford one of these 'up-front' and NOT have to wait three or four years to buy one used and possibly thrashed! My wife willing...we did the deed and I have never looked back.

With the onset of all of these clutch issues, this is the first time I have even felt slightly 'down' on the car, to be honest. My car with 3400 miles to date, is not having problems yet. But, they tell me it's just a matter of time...oh well...who gives a crap, it's still the coolest car I have ever owned as well! I have owned nearly 80 (eighty) cars in my lifetime...sometimes as many as three at a time. In fact, right now I have three, PLUS the wife's daily driver company car.

You are a lucky man, in that not only are all of the clutch issues a thing of the past, but you have, hard to believe it's possible, an even more technologically advanced car in just a few short years of time and change. Sorry to say, for me though, I am still biased to the '07 rear-end. I bet ya soon there will be a few things to strap on back there for the guys that feel the way I do. Nonetheless, ENJOY the heck out of that bad boy!!! :)

Cheers, Bikeboy

Archived