TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

Attention:

THE QUALITY HOLD WILL END TODAY, SUNDAY FEBRUARY 11TH. PRODUCTION WILL RESUME AS NORMAL TOMORROW.

Please don't ask how I know, just trust me.

Thank you.

I am going to do some checking into this to see what I can find out too.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to VOPC, my car is off hold and scheduled to ship any time. No rail car number yet.

Chris

Grabber: See, would I lie? Just call me Karnak (or is it CARnak?).

Sorry Chris, I just hijacked your quote to show Grabber that my announcement last night was on the money. Its not that he didn't believe me, its just that his PSDS is at full tilt boogie right now cuz he's been waiting so long for his baby to arrive.

It's coming Grabber, it's coming. Hang in there!

Grabber: See, would I lie? Just call me Karnak (or is it CARnak?).

Sorry Chris, I just hijacked your quote to show Grabber that my announcement last night was on the money. Its not that he didn't believe me, its just that his PSDS is at full tilt boogie right now cuz he's been waiting so long for his baby to arrive.

It's coming Grabber, it's coming. Hang in there!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I too will call VOPC soon.

Per the VOPC:

Your GT500 is still on Plant quality Hold.

It has been on Hold since Jan. 17th. Almost 1 month. :banghead:

Grabber,

Sorry to hear this. Wish there was some way to get the real story for you. It took just a couple of day to build the entire car too bad they can't move yours along.

Per the VOPC:

Call again later today or first thing in the morning.

Per the VOPC:

It probably goes without saying that BNSF's website still has no sign of your car being assigned a railcar yet as of this morning. I'll still be checking daily for you, though, Rob.

Per the VOPC:

I feel your pain. I have been waiting since March 29th. I find no rest in knowing my car is now off hold. Before the end of the day it may be on hold again, or worse yet, arrive and the dealer decide he needs to change the price because his month is slow. I am on pins and needle's untill my car gets here and I write a check for it.

Chris

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 12 2007, 11:41 AM) 100483[/snapback]
It probably goes without saying that BNSF's website still has no sign of your car being assigned a railcar yet as of this morning. I'll still be checking daily for you, though, Rob.

Thank you Brian. I appreciate it. I have been told that as soon as the system updates, that the VOPC will show my car off hold. I am trying to stay positive.

:baby:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Feb 12 2007, 11:41 AM) 100483[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It probably goes without saying that BNSF's website still has no sign of your car being assigned a railcar yet as of this morning. I'll still be checking daily for you, though, Rob.

Thank you Brian. I appreciate it. I have been told that as soon as the system updates, that the VOPC will show my car off hold. I am trying to stay positive.

I don't know how you are handling this so well, Rob. I'd probably be up in a clocktower with a high-power rifle by now. We're all pulling for you!

Kitty,

I am not sleeping well. Waking up earlier than normal. I have been spending time in my shop and yard to keep my mind somewhat sane.

I found out that there is a little more to the shift linkage bolt hole alignment problem. The holes in the transmissions were too small so when the bolts went in....it caused the casings to crack. Not pretty.

Kitty,

I am not sleeping well. Waking up earlier than normal. I have been spending time in my shop and yard to keep my mind somewhat sane.

I found out that there is a little more to the shift linkage bolt hole alignment problem. The holes in the transmissions were too small so when the bolts went in....it caused the casings to crack. Not pretty.

Ouch. That seems like a real brain-fart of a problem. Not something you would think could make it past initial QA, let alone through the entire build process.

On the bright side, better they caught it before the car shipped to you.

Ouch. That seems like a real brain-fart of a problem. Not something you would think could make it past initial QA, let alone through the entire build process.

On the bright side, better they caught it before the car shipped to you.

I am at a loss for words.

This has gotta be just a bit rough for you :heartbreaker: . I feel for you. :cry:

Maybe they are just *faking* a quality hold and they are preparing to ship out all the cars on Quality hold to their buyers on valentines day as a suprise! :happy feet:

Hopefully it will be over soon.

Grabber

I know it sucks. I was in the same limbo for over a month. Came down to no Shelby's to share a rail car to my neck of the woods. But the minute I saw it on the transport truck all that went away. Now I have had it six weeks and only driven it 200 miles, but at least I can go out to the garage and see it.

Grabber

I know it sucks. I was in the same limbo for over a month. Came down to no Shelby's to share a rail car to my neck of the woods. But the minute I saw it on the transport truck all that went away. Now I have had it six weeks and only driven it 200 miles, but at least I can go out to the garage and see it.

I spent yesterday getting my garage ready for it. I got an empty stall. :cry:

Archived