TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That means in that in a few weeks there is gonna be a crap load of GT500's hitting the dealers.

It would seem so....which may in theory help crush some of the supply demand thing and drop ADM????? I expect that dealers will still hold out and still get it but if everyone has one sitting around then it may help with that issue and allow some others on here waiting to get into the fun too. I want the value to remain high but I also want to see everyone get one so I could live with MSRP being an option....then in a few yrs we all list them for sale at 500K and suggest that is the market look at e-bay :)

I talked to our contact in the plant this morning. The shifter problem was a mis alignment of some bolt holes in the linkage. They have corrected my car and are working on the others. No cars shipped out of the plant with this problem and there is no looming recall.

The problem with my car and others that is holding all shipments up is this --> The company that makes the rear tire inflater kit went belly up, and the factory is out of these kits. Ford is helping that company get back on there feet and Ford expects a delivery of the inflater kits this week.

The GT500's are still being produced and are piling up in the parking lots.

I thought the only thing the "rear tire inflater kit" was is A CAN OF FIXAFLAT???????

Isnt that all it is??????

Is there something else in the trunk????

Judy

I thought the only thing the "rear tire inflater kit" was is A CAN OF FIXAFLAT???????

Isnt that all it is??????

Is there something else in the trunk????

Judy

Can someone with a GT500 post a photo of the inflater kit. I got to see that unit that is holding up all the cars. :doh:

I sure felt relieved today to hear that the problem with the shifting mechinism was just a Miss aligned bolt hole on a piece of the linkage. I was told it is a simple part swap.

Now if they would just get some of those tire inflator kits delivered....they could start loading the train cars.

I sure felt relieved today to hear that the problem with the shifting mechinism was just a Miss aligned bolt hole on a piece of the linkage. I was told it is a simple part swap.

Now if they would just get some of those tire inflator kits delivered....they could start loading the train cars.

How about this one

post-6239-1170731703_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1170731703_thumb.jpg

I've got a plug kit and a small air compressor in the shelby. If you use their kit, you have to order a new cylinder of sealant (fairly expensive) and the tire is basically ruined at that point on. Plus a pain to take off the wheel (messy from what I hear). Much easier to stick in a plug with some glue, if you can find the hole, air it up, and you are on your way. If you cannot find the hole, nail, or whatever, it is probably small enough that you can just air it up and make your way home if its close

I've got a plug kit and a small air compressor in the shelby. If you use their kit, you have to order a new cylinder of sealant (fairly expensive) and the tire is basically ruined at that point on. Plus a pain to take off the wheel (messy from what I hear). Much easier to stick in a plug with some glue, if you can find the hole, air it up, and you are on your way. If you cannot find the hole, nail, or whatever, it is probably small enough that you can just air it up and make your way home if its close

Why not have a large can of fix a flat, That's what in my tire well along with a few other needed itiems.

GT500'S ARE NOW OFF HOLD.

They got the inflator kits in. The cars are now moving to the rail carriers again. There are no fit and finish issues or other mech. issues. The linkage issue required a part to be swapped out. Some cars made it out because the part on those cars was OK. Mine was not. No looming issues.

I will be driving my car in 2-3 weeks. :shift:

They got the inflator kits in. The cars are now moving to the rail carriers again. There are no fit and finish issues or other mech. issues. The linkage issue required a part to be swapped out. Some cars made it out because the part on those cars was OK. Mine was not. No looming issues.

:party2: :party2: :party2:

Looming? Did you buy a sewing machine? :headscratch:

Not to change the subject, but were you able to get a straight answer on the "Plaque" that Ford is rumered to send GT500 owners? Glad to here your car is coming home soon.

Sweet. Glad to hear it. 2-3 weeks is nothing after all of the time that has already passed.

Not to change the subject, but were you able to get a straight answer on the "Plaque" that Ford is rumered to send GT500 owners? Glad to here your car is coming home soon.

My opinion carries no weight but I'll share it anyway....because i have a captive audience :)

This would be great and would earn a lot of respect from those of us with the car no doubt - BUT....I don't see this happening for free. Maybe the better way to phrase that is ad the expense of FORD since with the price of the car and ADM nothing is free but you know what I mean. I suspect buying the one from Shelby for $280 or what ever it is is the best we'll get. It would be nice if they sent out something like past SVT owners got though.

My opinion carries no weight but I'll share it anyway....because i have a captive audience :)

This would be great and would earn a lot of respect from those of us with the car no doubt - BUT....I don't see this happening for free. Maybe the better way to phrase that is ad the expense of FORD since with the price of the car and ADM nothing is free but you know what I mean. I suspect buying the one from Shelby for $280 or what ever it is is the best we'll get. It would be nice if they sent out something like past SVT owners got though.

Does anyone here have a picture of what SVT sent past owners?

Thanks

I did not ask. I will try to remember to ask next time.

CONGRATS! :banvictory: What an emotional roller coaster this is . I am on the east coast (Pa.) do you think 1-2 wks for me ? I'm calling CS and VOPC and see whats up. :hyper:

CONGRATS! :banvictory: What an emotional roller coaster this is . I am on the east coast (Pa.) do you think 1-2 wks for me ? I'm calling CS and VOPC and see whats up. :hyper:

You got a rail car number today.........you lucky dog you. :happy feet:

Archived