TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope none got shipped with the problem too.

Any chance you can get an update from Ralph tomorrow ? The suspense is killing me. And the wait!

Let's give it till Monday and see what happens. R E L A X. :)

Let's give it till Monday and see what happens. R E L A X. :)

Good advice. My dad told me when I was 10 years old that "cooler heads usually prevail".

I asked him if that meant that the 3 valve heads with a 31 degree seat angle and a crossover cooling passage with ice wetter would outrun a set of DOHC cammer heads with hi nickel carballoy and ceramic heat reversion rings. He had a look on his face like this ----> :ohsnap:

Dave

ALL SHELBY GT500'S STILL ON HOLD. :banghead:

I just talked to a lady over at the VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center). She looked up my vin# and said that my car is on a Plant quality hold. I told her that it's status has not changed now for 11 days. She told me that it looks like my status has been the same since the car was built on Jan. 17th.

I then said " so my status has not changed for 16 days ?" She says yep. She then went on to tell me that she got a mass distribution e-mail that all Shelby's are on "Plant Quality Hold". I asked her if she knew what the problem was and if production had stopped, but she did not know.

This is what I know so far:

1. My car was produced on Jan. 17th and it's status has not changed.

2. There seems to be a problem with the shifting mechenism. 3 have been confirmed faulty so all cars must be checked before they can be shipped.

3. There is currently a "hold" on all Shelby GT500's.

This is what I don't know:

1. What exactly is the problem with the shifter?

2. What is the fix?

3. Was the part faulty from the vendor?

4. How many cars need the "fix" before they can be shipped?

5. How many cars were allready shipped with the problem?

Does anyone else have any word on this issue ??

I just talked to a lady over at the VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center). She looked up my vin# and said that my car is on a Plant quality hold. I told her that it's status has not changed now for 11 days. She told me that it looks like my status has been the same since the car was built on Jan. 17th.

I then said " so my status has not changed for 16 days ?" She says yep. She then went on to tell me that she got a mass distribution e-mail that all Shelby's are on "Plant Quality Hold". I asked her if she knew what the problem was and if production had stopped, but she did not know.

This is what I know so far:

1. My car was produced on Jan. 17th and it's status has not changed.

2. There seems to be a problem with the shifting mechenism. 3 have been confirmed faulty so all cars must be checked before they can be shipped.

3. There is currently a "hold" on all Shelby GT500's.

This is what I don't know:

1. What exactly is the problem with the shifter?

2. What is the fix?

3. Was the part faulty from the vendor?

4. How many cars need the "fix" before they can be shipped?

5. How many cars were allready shipped with the problem?

Fortunately for me, mine is due to hit the ground tomorrow or by Monday at the latest. I am so anxious to smell that goodyear rubber burning.

Thanks for the update, Rob...

-----

:idea: in the interest of recycling, anyone who's put in an aftermarket shifter, please mail your good factory unit to:

Ford Motor Company

AAI Recycling Center

Bold Moves Project

1964.5 Mustang Dr.

Dearborn, Mich

:hysterical:

Rob, I went through the same thing with the e-brake cable. I'll tell you this much. When you talk to a CS rep, they will NOT tell you what the problem is, they are trained not to. They don't want to air their dirty laundry to customers. Even when I talked to Ralph, he would'nt say anything. It wasn't until I said to Ralph "so, I imagine mine is caught up in the e-brake cable issue" he said "Yes, how did you know?".

Hang in there. They will fix it.

Dave

Rob, I went through the same thing with the e-brake cable. I'll tell you this much. When you talk to a CS rep, they will NOT tell you what the problem is, they are trained not to. They don't want to air their dirty laundry to customers. Even when I talked to Ralph, he would'nt say anything. It wasn't until I said to Ralph "so, I imagine mine is caught up in the e-brake cable issue" he said "Yes, how did you know?".

Hang in there. They will fix it.

Dave

Dave,

CS does'nt have the slightest clue that the car is even on hold.

However VOPC does. I have to lie and pretend I am a dealer to get some truth.

If I act like a customer, they transfer me to CS and get told a fairy tail like your "Released from Plant".

To be honest with you I think that the Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing....or they are just being deceiptive.

Dave,

If I act like a customer, they transfer me to CS and get told a fairy tail like your "Released from Plant".

To be honest with you I think that the Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing....or they are just being deceiptive.

I know what your right hand is doing. :chairshot:

Dave,

Grabber,

Don't feel bad I have been talking with VOPC the last two weeks sometimes the information is accurate and helpful other times like today I was told my car was still at the plant. You would think they are all looking at the same computer but it does not appear that way. I think mine got out of the plant so quick because a good person at VOPC called the plant and they red ticketed my car. When there is a wrong answer I just call back and try again.

Dave,

Customer Svc only knows what it says on their little screen. If Ford told CS whats actually happening they might tell us and then they'd have to shoot us :hysterical:

Dave,

That was one crazy month before I got my car. My whole experience was nuts (but worth it). Ralph was always nice even when I callled him 6 times a day.

Hope you all have railcar numbers soon. Your cars are close. :happy feet:

i can tell you that my car was built in oct or nov and my shifting grinds when its cold outside.Dont know if this is a "problem" or a characteristic of the car in cold weather (30 degrees) I will let you know soon as i get this wheel hop fixed .Then i am going to drive it like i stole it.If there is a weak link, i will find it:)

i can tell you that my car was built in oct or nov and my shifting grinds when its cold outside.Dont know if this is a "problem" or a characteristic of the car in cold weather (30 degrees) I will let you know soon as i get this wheel hop fixed .Then i am going to drive it like i stole it.If there is a weak link, i will find it:)

When I drove Putnamdo's yesterday I thought the shifting was great. No problems. His was a 12/27 arrival. It was tight and percise.

When I drove Putnamdo's yesterday I thought the shifting was great. No problems. His was a 12/27 arrival. It was tight and percise.

Grabber, just out of curiostiy, what was the outside temp? I am stuck here in cols, oh at about 10 freakin degrees and it's killin me not to take her out. May have to break down and do it just to see how she shifts in this cold crap!

How so? You mean gears? or linkage? or...? Just curious, because it's the first of heard of anything like that on this car.

-Dan

Grabber, just out of curiostiy, what was the outside temp? I am stuck here in cols, oh at about 10 freakin degrees and it's killin me not to take her out. May have to break down and do it just to see how she shifts in this cold crap!

It was around 45-50 and sunny.

How so? You mean gears? or linkage? or...? Just curious, because it's the first of heard of anything like that on this car.

-Dan

Its real stiff and it grinds the gears. I just got the car in december so i only have 500 miles on it. It seemed fine when i first got the car 40-50 degrees. But i took it out yesterday to the tint shop (20 degrees) and it was a bitch to drive.It did get better after a few miles but i have not driven the car enough to see if theres a problem yet.The e brake stuck also, just for a split second pulling out of the garage. Im hoping its just the cold.

I talked to our contact in the plant this morning. The shifter problem was a mis alignment of some bolt holes in the linkage. They have corrected my car and are working on the others. No cars shipped out of the plant with this problem and there is no looming recall.

The problem with my car and others that is holding all shipments up is this --> The company that makes the rear tire inflater kit went belly up, and the factory is out of these kits. Ford is helping that company get back on there feet and Ford expects a delivery of the inflater kits this week.

The GT500's are still being produced and are piling up in the parking lots.

Archived