TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My F350 saved my life this morning! Glad I wasn’t in my Shelby...

tpenziner

1st off, last min I decided not to take the Shelby this morning because my wife parked in front of the garage, so I took my F350... On my way back from golf, I was rear ended by a 22 year old girl w/ her two kids in the car... Most likely she was on her cell phone and not paying attention. She hit me so hard that her car ended up underneath the back end of my truck... I would have been DEAD or hurt very badly if I was in the Shelby.... Luckily, everyone walked away and no one was hurt. To boot, she had no license “suspended for accidents” from what she told me… Pissed off that my new trunk got smashed, but happy everyone OK.

Glad your ok but we need pics if you said you'd be DEAD in your shelby. That must of been one huge wreck. I was in a wreck where the size of my truck (3/4 ton) saved my life 50mph vs logging truck head on, and I totaled the big rig logging truck

Sorry to hear this, but so glad everyone is OK.

Is the truck fixable ?

Thank you, me too!

My truck can be fixed, the damaged wasn't too bad because I'm up high. She went right under the rear bumper and exited out the rear quarter panel "the rear bed buckled on the driver's side as well".

What blows is that it's only a few month old... Her car was a beat up old 2000 Ford Windstar and was pretty much totaled "had to be towed away". I was able to pull out the fender from my tire and get it home OK...

The way I see it, any accident you can walk away from is a good one!

1st off, last min I decided not to take the Shelby this morning because my wife parked in front of the garage, so I took my F350... On my way back from golf, I was rear ended by a 22 year old girl w/ her two kids in the car... Most likely she was on her cell phone and not paying attention. She hit me so hard that her car ended up underneath the back end of my truck... I would have been DEAD or hurt very badly if I was in the Shelby.... Luckily, everyone walked away and no one was hurt. To boot, she had no license “suspended for accidents” from what she told me… Pissed off that my new trunk got smashed, but happy everyone OK.

Glad you and the Shelby are OK, sorry about the truck.

Rear-end accidents are rarely fatal, especially for the person rear-ended but whiplash is common especially if you see it coming. I wouldn't be surprised if you are having some seriously headaches and back pain right now.

Hopefully her kids are OK, I feel sorry they have a moron like that for a mother. How can you not see a Giant F350 in front of you?

Archived