TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So I was on the Freeway

He saw the Fastest color Shelby and followed instructions...

There is a warning listed in the camaroo owners manual that says "Do not approach Red Shelbys, you will embarrass yourself and give your car more of an inferiority complex than it already has"...

There is a warning listed in the camaroo owners manual that says "Do not approach Red Shelbys, you will embarrass yourself and give your car more of an inferiority complex than it already has"...

They must have forgot to put that in the Mitsubishi Evolution manual, because I think everyone in the entire counrty has seeked out my rear bumper and run up right to it, in some sad display of very mistaken dominance.

They must have forgot to put that in the Mitsubishi Evolution manual, because I think everyone in the entire counrty has seeked out my rear bumper and run up right to it, in some sad display of very mistaken dominance.

+10000000000

I have tried many times to initiate some fun with Camaros (there are so many up by me, i run in to one almost every day) but non wanted to "play" It has happened so many times, they must know!

I had a bunch of Mitsubishi, WRX, Civics, and quite a few Neons coming up to me with their fart canons, reving their engines, spooling their turbos, honking, downshifting, anything to make me race them. Funny thing is, after i beat them by a couple of miles, i resume hwy speeds, and they come up to me for more. WTF!!!

Yeah, my favorite pic of a camero....he zipped around some people then up next to me about the third time he gunned it, I downshifted into third and was gone...

Camero-Rear-View-Mirror.jpg

Those new Camaro owners are putting in superchargers like their going out of style here in Houston.

So I was on the Freeway, this 2010 Camaro gets on races up behind me then abruptly exits the Freeway. Why so unfriendly? Was it something I did? What did he see?

My guess is that he saw a Mustang he thought he could race and when he got close enough to read "S-H-E-L-B-Y" he thought otherwise.

Even Camaro owners have enough brains not to piss of a sleeping bear...

Phill

Those new Camaro owners are putting in superchargers like their going out of style here in Houston.

That is happening a lot everywhere latelly, but trust me most of them are on borrowed time! Everything on these cars, is maxed out from factory, and cant handle musch more power.

About a month ago, at a track rental there was a 2010 camaro. I talked to the owner, and asked him if he wouldnt mind going down the track, (for fun) with a 5.0 that was there. I told him it would be kinda cool to see a Ford vs Chevy going at it. His response was: "Sure if it holds up this time"

Well it didnt! Broke on first pass, going down the track, and managed a 12.7

Here is the sad part. Talking to the owner he said the car has gone to the track 5 times and broke 5 times. Even worse, he said it had a built 418ci stroked motor,(the original motor blew up), supercharger, and put down 650rwhp, but he rest of the car cant handle the power. He said he had repalced a lot of parts due to failure. Oh he also had to install a Ford rear end!

Bottom line is, there are very few cars, especialy at the 500hp level, that you can go ahead and throw another 200-300hp without problems, and the Shelby is one of them..

This Myth has been Confirmed many times................ :salute:

Archived