TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trunk Lid Liner?

Earlier this week there were a few photos at the top of the Forums Page of an '07 white SGT with a pretty nice trunk lid liner. It was black with a white or silver Berg-style Cobra in the center.

I didn't see any accompanying posts - any one know anything about it? Is it a one-off custom design or is it (hopefully) commercially available?

Any info gratefully accepted.

It was me! Glad to see Shelby offering these - the originals were blank!

gallery_13043_1123_5286.jpg

Sam

Got mine for fathers day and installed it. Makes the trunk lid look finished. Just be careful on the install! Missed one of my marks and got to have a repair done on the trunk lid. Son of ......... yep dimpled the outside of the lid. :censored: All fixed now looks great from both sides.

It was me! Glad to see Shelby offering these - the originals were blank!

gallery_13043_1123_5286.jpg

Sam

YUP, I got stuck with a BLANK one....wish I had known these were coming out, I would have waited...but now can't afford one.... :censored::censored::censored:

Duh! As my Mom used to say when we couldn't find stuff, "If it had been a snake, it would have bit you!".

Thanks much to all.

Kevin

I like the look of this a lot. Anyone know how much it weighs? Is it easy to pop in and out for shows or too big of a hassle not to just leave it in all the time?

Probably less than 2 pounds - and yes, way to much of a hassle to pop in and out!

Sam

I like the look of this a lot. Anyone know how much it weighs? Is it easy to pop in and out for shows or too big of a hassle not to just leave it in all the time?

Ken, It isn't going to add much weight at all to the car and with the push pins that hold it in, it would be a PITA to try to put it in and take it out...just leave it in once it's in there and be done with it...

The KR ones have to many push pins and holes to be drilled, therefore, I made my own that didn't require any drilling :happy feet:

th_IMGP6734.jpg

I'm using the blocks that Roush uses to install their trunklid tool box. The center panel is held in place with Velcro hiding the screws that are used with the Roush blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, definitely be careful! I used a piece of cardboard between the outer/inner skin to prevent dimples.

Certainly finishes off the trunk!

Sam

Sam - what size drill bit did you use?

Hang in there - I'm working on something! ;)

Sam

I'm in the same boat....I have the blank KR version...now Shelby comes out with the SGT version....:banghead:

Would be nice if there was a way to retrofit the Berg snake. If someone finds a way to do it....share it. thanks

I'm in the same boat....I have the blank KR version...now Shelby comes out with the SGT version....:banghead:

Would be nice if there was a way to retrofit the Berg snake. If someone finds a way to do it....share it. thanks

I would think someone could create a reverse template of the Berg design or for that matter whatever they wanted and use it as a mask to spray upholstry/fabric paint on the liner. I intend on putting on the stripes and "SHELBY GT" like are whats on our lower rockers by using painters tape and spray paint, I saw where someone else had done this and it looked nice.

Don

TerlinguaRunk3-1.jpg

TerlinguaTrunk1.jpg

TerlinguaTrunk2.jpg

Sometimes (but just sometimes) laziness and inaction pay off. I had seen the generic-type Mustang trunk lid liners for some time, but just never was turned on enough to actually pull the trigger. Then when the KR liners came about, I had meant to buy one on several ocassion, but just never seemed to get around to it.

Then you guys turned me onto the newer KR liners with Shelby-specific logos - thanks.

A pretty conservative guy (read: "boring"), all my SGT bling is in the requisite, respectable, and restrained black and silver mode. But when I saw the bright yellow Terlingua Rampant Rabbit...I just hadda have it!!!

As most here have said, the multiple-point attachment system is a royal pain, but I guess worth it for the ultimate tightness of the fit. There are thirteen - count 'em 13 - holes to drill.

I wasn't real pleased with the stenciling quality of the Rabbit. These photos are way too kind to it, and show more yellow paint color saturation than there really is. Additionally, there was stencil leakage, resulting in some yellow overspray onto the gray carpeting. I was able to deal with that by the old carpet shaving trick with a new razor blade. Anybody else experience this was the other designs?

That said, I'm pretty pleased with the whole look of the liner, plus the surprise pop of the yellow Rabbit. Viva Terlingua.

Kevin

It's true;

I think they saved a few cents by omitting the primer step.

The yellow can't help but look good. The "silver is pretty dull gray.

I may try giving the old gray bunny a silver hand job ...

Archived