TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best exhaust for 2005+ gt

TX_JC_GT

Hey i want to know some good exhaust setups for my 2005 mustang gt. I need it to be able to pass texas inspection, but it has to sound good. I have the bassani ss street axle backs on it right now and its just now loud enough for me. I want it to come alive when i get on the gas, but i dont want a cheap ricer sound either. Any ideas? thanks

I have an '05 GT as well and run a Magnaflow catback system. It's not too loud at cruising speed, but sounds ok during acceleration. I had mine inspected a few months ago in Texas and it did fine. This isn't one of my best runs, but you can hear the exhaust pretty well in it.

• 2 months later...

I have an '05 GT as well and run a Magnaflow catback system. It's not too loud at cruising speed, but sounds ok during acceleration. I had mine inspected a few months ago in Texas and it did fine. This isn't one of my best runs, but you can hear the exhaust pretty well in it.

I like Magnaflow catbacks, they sound pretty good. Had one on my 03 Cobra. Heard one on a 2011 5.0 and it was pretty sweet too.

I like Magnaflow catbacks, they sound pretty good. Had one on my 03 Cobra. Heard one on a 2011 5.0 and it was pretty sweet too.

I have FRPP M-5230-GTAs on both my 2008 and 2009 cars. Relatively quiet at cruise, pretty bold at full throttle, no drone, 50-state legal.

If you get some, try to find a dealer who has sold quite a few: earlier versions had a problem with the welded hanger pulling the edge off the case. Several members have had that series replaced under warranty. The newer ones have an extended rod that is welded to the end cap as well as the rim.

GTAs old 1

3549342471_2157e2d571_o.jpg

GTAs old 2

3549342457_da98baa7b0_o.jpg

GTAs new

3550148704_67e1e29f7a_o.jpg

Hey i want to know some good exhaust setups for my 2005 mustang gt. I need it to be able to pass texas inspection, but it has to sound good. I have the bassani ss street axle backs on it right now and its just now loud enough for me. I want it to come alive when i get on the gas, but i dont want a cheap ricer sound either. Any ideas? thanks
I'm runnung JBA CAT4WARD ceramic coated headers; Stage 8 locking stainless header bolts. MagnaFlow stainless steel “spun” high-flow cats w/Tru-X Pipe and cat-back exhaust. Sounds great at idle and throaty when you stand on it. I bought this car last March and it passed California emissions. ...we were sweating it though with the high-flow cats! PK

post-29954-128348470836_thumb.jpg

post-29954-128348482828_thumb.jpg

post-29954-128348470836_thumb.jpg

post-29954-128348482828_thumb.jpg

I'm runnung JBA CAT4WARD ceramic coated headers; Stage 8 locking stainless header bolts. MagnaFlow stainless steel “spun” high-flow cats w/Tru-X Pipe and cat-back exhaust. Sounds great at idle and throaty when you stand on it. I bought this car last March and it passed California emissions. ...we were sweating it though with the high-flow cats! PK

Sounds like a sweet setup. Do you need a new tune for the cats? I'm thinking of something similar, but with the stock manifolds.

Check out my MMS mufflers....one set of sound clips on a 5 speed manual car, the other set on an automatic car....

Here's the link with sound clips...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60262-mms-muffler-sound-clips-on-sgt-automatic/page__gopid__1028492entry1028492

Alex

Archived