TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Warped rotors?

Has anyone else had any trouble with warped rotors? I appear to have some warped front rotors. At the same time, it seems to go away after the rotors are warmed up some. You know, the typical steering wheel shake when you get on the brakes. It isn't bad, but I can tell. Should I head to the dealer and see if they'll replace them? I know it's a wear item, but I've only had the car for eight months and have 3900 miles on it.

Has anyone else had any trouble with warped rotors? I appear to have some warped front rotors. At the same time, it seems to go away after the rotors are warmed up some. You know, the typical steering wheel shake when you get on the brakes. It isn't bad, but I can tell. Should I head to the dealer and see if they'll replace them? I know it's a wear item, but I've only had the car for eight months and have 3900 miles on it.

Don't know what you should do, but I have the same issue on my 08 with 13,000 miles. I am going to ask my dealer next week.

Warped rotors can sometimes be caused by over torquing the wheel lug nuts. Have you had any recent tire service or rotation? Believe torque should be 100 lb/ft. The run out on the rotors should be checked. If it is out of spec the rotors have to be replaced.

I would get on the rotors several times pretty aggressively, it could just be buildup from sitting.

/shrug

Archived