TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Signed Airbag Cover?

09KR0058

I'd like to get one of those airbag covers with Carroll's autograph for my KR. Just went to the Shelby store and can't find it. Are these still available?

Also, can someone explain the procedure to remove and reinstall the cover?

Thanks

Thanks. That's just what I was looking for.

Hey, What's a good part number for airbag cover? Either that or sell me your non-signed cover and I will send in for signature and sell my non-autograghed one.

Sound like a plan?

Thanks,

Fred

I have 1 brand new dark charcoal air bag cover and 1 bright aluminum complete brand new dash kit w/ airbag cover, I have all 4 pieces , the center piece has the remains of the sticker used to keep the plaque in place, I will sell them for what I have into them, I changed the dash kit in the GO car to dark and bought a dark airbag to be sent in to be signed a year ago and now have the new complete bright aluminum kit left over, PM me, Rick

Hey, What's a good part number for airbag cover? Either that or sell me your non-signed cover and I will send in for signature and sell my non-autograghed one.

Sound like a plan?

Thanks,

Fred

Click in my link in Post #2. All the info is there.

Nice KR the red and silver go together nicely. I bought a new air bag cover as well with the instructions Grabber has posted it takes about a 1:00 the

tricky part is getting the top tabs out after I got one out it was out it in a few mins. Might get a non marking trim tool to help you around the top.

Click in my link in Post #2. All the info is there.

Thanks Grabber - Good info.... :salute:

Happy Motoring.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the new airbag cover from my dealer today. Will send it out tomorrow for the autograph.

I remember seeing somewhere in this forum that someone had "clearcoated" the cover to keep from damaging the autograph. What exactly would I use to do this?

Picked up the new airbag cover from my dealer today. Will send it out tomorrow for the autograph.

I remember seeing somewhere in this forum that someone had "clearcoated" the cover to keep from damaging the autograph. What exactly would I use to do this?

I had a easier time buying a dash kit from "pottydr" than i had buying a air bag cover thru "MM"

I am happy for the smooth transaction.

Air bag cover sent in for signature two days ago.

:happy feet:

Don't seal the dash. It will look different then the rest of the inside. I left mine un sealed. If your car is in the sun, cover the area with a towel. It will be fine.

Don't seal the dash. It will look different then the rest of the inside. I left mine un sealed. If your car is in the sun, cover the area with a towel. It will be fine.

Thanks Grabber. I keep my garaged. I'm just wondering about when I do a complete interior detail. Normally, I would just be lightly vacuuming the airbag cover area with a soft brush attachment, but I'm still concerned about the autograph smearing if some liquid got on it.

Thanks Grabber. I keep my garaged. I'm just wondering about when I do a complete interior detail. Normally, I would just be lightly vacuuming the airbag cover area with a soft brush attachment, but I'm still concerned about the autograph smearing if some liquid got on it.

What is the dealer selling the AIR bag cover for $$ I am looking at doing the same thing..

Thanks,

Tim

Can this be done with 2010-11 Shelbys? I want to do this as well!

Walls,

Indeed, you can arrange to get this done for your 2010-11 GT500. However, total cost will run $450-500 for the airbag cover from Ford, donation to Carroll's Foundation, shipping, taxes, camera, etc. But IMHO, it is one of the best (and should be the first) mod you can make to your new baby! Click on the link below for "how to" directions. Good luck.

http://www.carrollsh...e.com/autograph

87900001.jpg

Shelby-AirBagCover.jpg

Walls,

Indeed, you can arrange to get this done for your 2010-11 GT500. However, total cost will run $450-500 for the airbag cover from Ford, donation to Carroll's Foundation, shipping, taxes, camera, etc. But IMHO, it is one of the best (and should be the first) mod you can make to your new baby! Click on the link below for "how to" directions. Good luck.

http://www.carrollsh...e.com/autograph

87900001.jpg

Shelby-AirBagCover.jpg

Done and done. I'm going to order the part tomorrow. Is there a how to for 2010-11 airbag cover removal and install? I'm on my clown phone right now and searching isn't the easiest thing to do

Done and done. I'm going to order the part tomorrow. Is there a how to for 2010-11 airbag cover removal and install? I'm on my clown phone right now and searching isn't the easiest thing to do

Walls,

I haven't installed my airbag cover yet, because I'm contemplating the trade my 2010 coupe for a 2011 SVTPP. The dealership would make the change out when I take delivery and I would have a spare cover for sale.

However, taking your existing cover off and sending it to the Foundation will certainly save you money, but a specific procedure must be followed so the airbag doesn't deploy and create a mess or injure anyone. I believe Grabber posted info for the 2007-09 series, but I don't know if that works for the 2010-11's. You might try PM'ing him.

I'd like to get one of those airbag covers with Carroll's autograph for my KR. Just went to the Shelby store and can't find it. Are these still available?

Thanks

If you need any help with it let me know. I am in Marietta as well and I have already done this on my SGT. The worst part is getting the top row of clips to release.

Robert

Anyone know the part number for 2010-11 Shelby Airbag covers? My parts guy found two numbers and was a little confused.

Walls,

Ford part no. for 2010-11 GT500 airbag cover (pictured as seen in my post above) is: AR3Z-5804338-DA and the list price is $293.56

Make sure you provide your VIN to the order desk so they can confirm interior trim.

You should be able to get it for less than $220 + tax from your local dealer on special order in less than a week. Good luck... and remember to post pictures when it gets back from Shelby!

Thanks

This is a bit off base, but wanted to say your red KR is very very nice. The airbag signature is a must. Good luck.

Walls,

I haven't installed my airbag cover yet, because I'm contemplating the trade my 2010 coupe for a 2011 SVTPP. The dealership would make the change out when I take delivery and I would have a spare cover for sale.

However, taking your existing cover off and sending it to the Foundation will certainly save you money, but a specific procedure must be followed so the airbag doesn't deploy and create a mess or injure anyone. I believe Grabber posted info for the 2007-09 series, but I don't know if that works for the 2010-11's. You might try PM'ing him.

So..... I'm getting that u can have the dealership remove the cover and u (or dealership) sends this in? If this is the case when mine shows up I may just have to have them do this! Thanks for clarifying!

If you need any help with it let me know. I am in Marietta as well and I have already done this on my SGT. The worst part is getting the top row of clips to release.

Robert

Thanks for the offer Robert. Based on Grabber's post, I think I can handle it. I had printed out the instructions and have reviewed them a few times already. Cover went to CSF today via UPS. Hope to have it back in a few weeks.

Archived