TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 windows rolling down with remote

jasonport

Hello, everyone quick question. I have a 2008 GT500 , anyways I had a 2005 GT in which when you hold the unlock button on the remote the windows would role down. OK I have had my 2008 GT500 for almost 2 years and now 2,400 miles i still can't get the windows to role down with the remote like my 05 GT did WHY? should it do it . Don't your GT500's windows role down with the remote when pressing the or holding the unlock button on your remote. Any help out there. It's driving me nuts as i thought the GT500 suppose to have more options. thank you to all that helps me on this question!

Thanks Jason :superhero:

Hello, everyone quick question. I have a 2008 GT500 , anyways I had a 2005 GT in which when you hold the unlock button on the remote the windows would role down. OK I have had my 2008 GT500 for almost 2 years and now 2,400 miles i still can't get the windows to role down with the remote like my 05 GT did WHY? should it do it . Don't your GT500's windows role down with the remote when pressing the or holding the unlock button on your remote. Any help out there. It's driving me nuts as i thought the GT500 suppose to have more options. thank you to all that helps me on this question!

Thanks Jason :superhero:

Ford discontinued this option due to security concerns. People were putting their keys in their pockets and the button was being pushed by mistake leaving the car sitting with its windows down while the owner thought it was locked. There were also reports that stated the windows would malfunction an roll down on their own.

I've looked into aftermarket alarms that have that feature, but I think it would probably be way too expensive to install just for that.

I very rarely (living on the flat desert) ever leave my car in gear when parked and I'm the only person that ever drives it, even at oil change and maint.

I had a McLaren Mustang that had that, it would roll them up if they were down and roll them down, open the locked fuel door and remote start.

I wanted to put a neutral cut out on my GT500 for remote start but no "real" dealer/installer would install it. I thought of having a "Switched" neutral cutout made, meaning you could leave it the way it is until you knew you were going to use the remote start in advance, then activate it with a two switch process to make sure you just didn't hit a switch by accident. Then you could set your heat or A/C and remote start it with a three button sequence on your FOB, once started a solenoid would reset the installed switches back to off and you would have to do it over again the next time you wanted to remote start it.

Any of you wireheads think you could figure that out, PM me.

• 1 month later...

Ford discontinued this option due to security concerns. People were putting their keys in their pockets and the button was being pushed by mistake leaving the car sitting with its windows down while the owner thought it was locked. There were also reports that stated the windows would malfunction an roll down on their own.

Not true...Lincolns have had the Global Open/Close feature for years including my 2010 MKT (many of them open/close the moonroof too). I keep my "key" in my pocket and have never found my windows accidentally down. Not sure why it would have been discontinued in the Mustang...but I have tried my '08 Vert and it doesn't have it.

BMW roll down with the remote. Never had a problem

I too have been wondering about the whole windows rolling down thing, I have seen another member's S197 in my mustang club windows roll down with his factory key fob and I asked him and said it was factory, I have tried and tried but my 2007 doesn't do it.

I wish I had that function, to let the car cool down before getting in the car here in Miami would be nice. My wife's 2010 Honda Accord has that function.

Surely someone in Ford could figure this out and let us know. Even if I had to pay to have it programmed in or another solenoid, it would be well worth it. Of course, it would be nice to have the windows roll up when you set the alarm as well.

Archived