TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest Flywheel Clutch TSB

DDT

Just want to get an idea how many here have the new factory 2010 Flywheel-Clutch

installed in their 07-09 GT500s and "SATISFACTION LEVEL" input????????????

I've got it. 2 months in and 1,000 miles on it and VERY HAPPY. No shudder and more consistent engagement points on the pedal travel. It gets a little soft feeling on the few occasions I commute in it after about 30 minutes but I attribute this to the tradeoff of the old material design to the new. It is a very acceptable tradeoff as long as the life is not significantly reduced. Time will tell.

I've got it. 2 months in and 1,000 miles on it and VERY HAPPY. No shudder and more consistent engagement points on the pedal travel. It gets a little soft feeling on the few occasions I commute in it after about 30 minutes but I attribute this to the tradeoff of the old material design to the new. It is a very acceptable tradeoff as long as the life is not significantly reduced. Time will tell.

Ok I have about 600 miles on my 2010 kit and as far as I can tell the pedal release after say 30 min becomes sorta mushy, not as precise. Do you notice a difference in pedal feel when starting off on a hill vs say starting on a flat surface, anyone?

That is my biggest complaint, that and stop n go traffic or when driven for awhile the clutch pedal just does not release as smoothly, sorta stutters near the top.

I am thinking could be air in the lines, I dont know.

I just ordered the stainless steel braided clutch line by frpp and am having that installed next month in hopes that it gives me proper clutch feel everytime

• 2 weeks later...

Now the proud owner of a 2010 Clutch/Flywheel...............

I picked up the car a couple days ago and after hammering the Clutch through the

Gears for a couple of days I have only positives for this new Clutch...........

There is no more annoying "Gear Rollover" at idle in nuetral and no more accasional

shudder as with the old set up............I can still turn off TC and lite up the rears with ease...........

The only negatives I may have had is the very light feel on the Clutch Pedal and no more

cool sounding "Hiss" from the old Clutch material...........No problem since this is normal

with the new set up.........I guess the light Cluth Pedal is due to the Geometry of the larger

Pressure Plate with the shorter CSC???????

Archived