TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I had my stripes painted on and when I was at the Dealer today they gave me my replacement vinyle stripes. My question is what to do with them ?

1. I can keep them for the future but I am not sure how well they will hold up being rolled up for years.

2. Sell them to another SGT owner in need of a new set of stripes.

I can tell you they won't end up on ebay.

Thougths

I had my stripes painted on and when I was at the Dealer today they gave me my replacement vinyle stripes. My question is what to do with them ?

1. I can keep them for the future but I am not sure how well they will hold up being rolled up for years.

Thougths

I'm interested in the trunk/rear bumper stripes if you're willing to split them up :)

Thanks,

Ed

I would be interested in buying the whole set seeing that Ford Racing will not warranty mine. The car only has 5000 miles and it is and 07. They have been back and forth with my dealer for 2 months now. If you are interested in selling the set let me know.

I would be interested in buying the whole set seeing that Ford Racing will not warranty mine. The car only has 5000 miles and it is and 07. They have been back and forth with my dealer for 2 months now. If you are interested in selling the set let me know.

Which dealer are you working with??? If you're going back to the place where you bought it, you're barking up the wrong tree there....Take it to Sewell Ford and get them to pull up the Oasis report on the car...it has the 800 number for Shelby and they should be able to get the warranty on the stripes done without a problem...

Thougths

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THE STORY BEHIND YOUR PAINTED STRIPES. MAYBE I COULD CALL YOU.

pm and I will give you my cell number. Story on getting them painted is pretty simple. I worked out a deal with the shop that the dealer uses for repairs. The deal was I would pay the difference in price over what the shop would charge the dealer to put the vinyl stripes on. Dealer was cool with it as it wasn't costing them anything extra.

I took the car to Sewell Ford and Ford Racing is not wanting to warranty them. All the warranty is going through Ford Racing from what I am told now. That is even what shelby told me. They are going to warranty the front bumper and the hood scoop. They said though that if they warranty those two parts and the others are different color they may warranty the rest of the stripes. I guess we will find out.

I took the car to Sewell Ford and Ford Racing is not wanting to warranty them. All the warranty is going through Ford Racing from what I am told now. That is even what shelby told me. They are going to warranty the front bumper and the hood scoop. They said though that if they warranty those two parts and the others are different color they may warranty the rest of the stripes. I guess we will find out.

Why aren't they warranted by Shelby? Mine are covered by Shelby, Ford racing stripes are totally different. They are wider and not a silver metallic.

• 2 months later...

Why aren't they warranted by Shelby? Mine are covered by Shelby, Ford racing stripes are totally different. They are wider and not a silver metallic.

OK, been reading all the stripes stuff and just had ask a couple of questions. I happen to be one of those whose 2008 Shelby GT Stripes are discolored. Yes. I read about the issue with pollution in California "rusting" the "silver" in the Shelby stripes. Well, I am in Alabama, and mine look terrible. I am looking at getting mine painted on. I got the code of Satin Silver/m7049A Sherwin Williams #63454 off of another postings. Are you saying that there are "NO" paint matches for the silver Shelby stripes. My car is out of warranty and did not have any problem until 3 weeks ago. I drive mine all the time. I went on a business trip for 5 days and my care sat outside and that is when the problem started. Does anyone have any suggestions, or has gotten anything from Shelby that supports these "less than acceptable upgrade" on the stripes?

OK, been reading all the stripes stuff and just had ask a couple of questions. I happen to be one of those whose 2008 Shelby GT Stripes are discolored. Yes. I read about the issue with pollution in California "rusting" the "silver" in the Shelby stripes. Well, I am in Alabama, and mine look terrible. I am looking at getting mine painted on. I got the code of Satin Silver/m7049A Sherwin Williams #63454 off of another postings. Are you saying that there are "NO" paint matches for the silver Shelby stripes. My car is out of warranty and did not have any problem until 3 weeks ago. I drive mine all the time. I went on a business trip for 5 days and my care sat outside and that is when the problem started. Does anyone have any suggestions, or has gotten anything from Shelby that supports these "less than acceptable upgrade" on the stripes?

That paint code will be the right color for the stripes, I should of done that also. I waited for 13 weeks for the dealer to get my hood and roof stripe. Mine is going in on tuesday of next week to get them put on, also the grill and hood scoop. I hope it all matches when they are done!!!

Coldfingers

Archived