TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Dyno #'s

CobraKaz

Well , got the new numbers . Not what i wanted , but , heat was the killer . Ended up with 526 rwhp and 536 Torque .

Temps inside the building were 90 degrees . Humidity was around 90% .

Had to drive 1.5 hrs to get there . Car sat for 30 mins during cool downs between runs .

After the last run , we found a heat gun . Intercooler box ( stock type ) 134 F, Rad overflow tank 146 F , Engine valve covers 154 F .

Car would make way more power in cooler weather but , thats how it was .

Well , got the new numbers . Not what i wanted , but , heat was the killer . Ended up with 526 rwhp and 536 Torque .

Had to drive 1.5 hrs to get there . Car sat for 30 mins during cool downs between runs .

After the last run , we found a heat gun . Intercooler box ( stock type ) 134 F, Rad overflow tank 146 F , Engine valve covers 154 F .

the heat is bad,butt he humidity is worse--at 90% theres not much room for oxygen

What were your mods?

2.6 and idler pulleys, JLT intake wth filter . 19 degree's of timing .Was going to try ad increase the timing but due to the heat ,the Computer was pulling timing instead . Tuner says with a bigger heat exchanger it would be lno trouble to get 20 rwhp on 91 octane and possibly 30 to 40 if i could use 94 octane .

2.6 and idler pulleys, JLT intake wth filter . 19 degree's of timing .Was going to try ad increase the timing but due to the heat ,the Computer was pulling timing instead . Tuner says with a bigger heat exchanger it would be lno trouble to get 20 rwhp on 91 octane and possibly 30 to 40 if i could use 94 octane .

Ok yea this is the reasons in why i am getting a H/E with fans. Do the same and you should like the outcome better...

That sounds pretty good to me. I also have the 2.6 upper and had 488 RWHP before. I figured it would add 25 - 30hp so I was thinking around 518 with my car. So far I have not seen much over 12lbs of boost with the 2.6 upper. When the weather was cooler I used to get 10lbs without the pulley.

I ran the car in 90* heat @ Rockingham 1/4 mile and went 120.44 mph. I was happy with that for just a pulley.

Too many variables, heat should not make any difference if your running the SAE correction factor. What correction factor was used for the pulls? what type of dyno?

Heat makes no difference ? Why do people buy the Revan heat exchangers if the stock one would do ? Heat pulled timming , could not increase timming due to Heat . On Hot heat soaked engine car make just over 505 , ice cold 540

That sounds pretty good to me. I also have the 2.6 upper and had 488 RWHP before. I figured it would add 25 - 30hp so I was thinking around 518 with my car. So far I have not seen much over 12lbs of boost with the 2.6 upper. When the weather was cooler I used to get 10lbs without the pulley.

I ran the car in 90* heat @ Rockingham 1/4 mile and went 120.44 mph. I was happy with that for just a pulley.

Yup , i'm pleased with the car . I wish i could go to a track to try mine out .

Archived