TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tire shopping?

swampfox

hmm so it is time to get two new back tires. i put 15,000 miles on these and they are getting very loud. was wondering what tires people were using and what price? kind of dont want to drop 400 for the factory tires i wasnt even that thrilled with them. btw got a new stock rim for about 130 bux got rid of the shake in my steering wheel woho.

hmm so it is time to get two new back tires. i put 15,000 miles on these and they are getting very loud. was wondering what tires people were using and what price? kind of dont want to drop 400 for the factory tires i wasnt even that thrilled with them. btw got a new stock rim for about 130 bux got rid of the shake in my steering wheel woho.

Hey I would like to know also, just went on a 500 mile road trip with 13,000 miles on the Odometer. Is there something out there that is not a drag radial, yet has better traction and less noise?

• 7 months later...

After doing much research myself, I went with the Nitto Invo.

Here is the web page: http://nittotire.com/#index.tire.invo

Compare it to the NT05. I like how the Invo is quiet and has great traction, wet or dry.

++

I went with a 295 on the back

Been very happy low noise and good tire on the track as well. Has a cool tread design too

buddy of mine has the invos on his WRX STI and loves them. ill be going back to the nt05s. i had them on my last car and they were great. i like the bfg kdws but they dont last very long and i drive mine about every day

on a side note. for those that know. whats the fattest rubber you can put on these with stock wheels.

I've got 21k on factory tires and they're louder than the (factory) exhaust at low speed! Driving me crazy, but I'm waiting 'till spring to put new ones on. Right after I bought the car i found factory replacement tires at less than half price and have been storing them ever since. I wish I had known then what I know now, I'd have saved my $$ and sprung for some all season replacements....

++

I went with a 295 on the back

Been very happy low noise and good tire on the track as well. Has a cool tread design too

So you are running the 295/35-18's? Is that them in the picture and you don't think they are too short (1 inch shorter than my stock 285/40's)?

Archived