TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beuller, Beuller.......Anyone?

I understand everyone is working hard at building our dream machines but I know for me, at least, this brother needs a little love .......and some news! How about a weekly email to everyone that has cars on site with the status of the program overall and the status of our cars. I understand the information should be private and not on the web but it really would not take long to send one broadcast email to everyone that has a deposit on a 350 with program, parts and legality updates. Another email could be directed individually for the cars that are actually on site and being worked on. While I'm not looking for a blow by blow analysis with photos I would like to satisfy my Shelby addiction and current detox symptoms with a 'lil factual info.

Trying desperately to concentrate on other avenues of my life and career but failing miserably.

Thanks for listening.

SA seems like they're being very secretive with this build.

Cameron: The 1961 Ferrari 250GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion.

Ferris: It is his fault he didn't lock the garage.

Yeah, I'd love to hear something too, as I started a similar thread weeks ago about dogs and bones if I remember right...

But, I mean, what are they gonna tell you? Its here, its getting built...they added a brake pad this week, next week it gets the exhaust...that sure would be tough to do with 100 builds in various stages...

I just wanna know a couple weeks before its ready that its gonna be ready in a couple weeks so I can plan my trip and not pay 2 grand on a plane ticket. :salute:

:waiting: .................................tick, ....................................................................tock, waiting: .................................tick, ....................................................................tock waiting: .................................tick, ....................................................................tock, waiting: .................................tick, ....................................................................tock......im just kidding. Because I have a bad habit of open mouth/ insert foot, I havent said anything and I didnt want to be a :stirpot: , but it is frustrating. I used to long on umteen times a day, waiting on every word that Roger,or Robert would have to say, but it got to the point where I needed a cigarette after logging off, out of frustration, AND I DONT EVEN SMOKE. :P .! My heart goes out to you guys who actually have deposits put down and continue to wait. I know I couldnt do it thats for sure.

I'm shocked there hasnt been more pictures posted of cars in their different stages of completion etc., but what really boggles my mind is there is nothing from Tulsa/Mid America..I would have surely thought there would have been a TON of pictures/stories/videos from there, but .............nothing. Stories of how Roger had to beat people away with a stick to do some crowd control over the GT350's :chairshot: , or how the 350's set a new track record, or how they needed to rent a armored truck back to Vegas because of all the deposits that people put down :spend: ...lol

It was once said, that full production would be late June, early July due to the parts status and the red tape...is this still likely?, and will Shelby be doing any magazines or PR work soon to "help get the word out"..?

thanks again.....Greg

Many projects in the fire here at Shelby American. Sorry about the lack of pictures but there is only one of me folks.

Will do our best but please understand there is a lot going on.

9 cars yesterday. 14 scheduled to be delivered on the 29. Have 59 more confirmed VIN's.

Can't report on Tulsa but I was not there.

Roger

I was there at Tulsa, and I got to ride with Gary Patterson in the Gt350, the SC concept. There was great interest out there, and while I don't have any idea on track lap times, we were passing everyone. PLUS the car had the factory tires and not the slicks on and it still handled like a dream! The cars were busy all weekend with journalists, TV and radio promos and regular folk like us. SA did a great job getting the cars in the spotlight, but best of all, they were driven all over the place all weekend, at the hotel, on the cruise, at the track, at a radio station doing burnouts....Jim Owens and Gary P. were working non-stop the whole time! I've got a ton of pics and video, but I am out of town this week too. I'll post them when I get home.

Roger, Gary did say y'all have a picture with a car with stripes down the rear, and his opinion was that it looked really good. Any chance we can at least see that one here on the forum? I also had some time with our new President, and he is a REALLY smart and great choice. He told me the painted cars would all have stripes all the way down now the rear now.

The other Gt350 had the production badging which I think is a much better choice. We got pics I will post ASAP. :happy feet:

looky here,forgot these from my phone....

Here is the running pony like the originals had, and my one real wish for the production cars

350grill.JPG

Here you have the new fender badges. They simply say SHELBY...no redundancy on the GT350 badging if you remove the hood stripe badging in the painted cars...awesome!

side350.JPG

But, I mean, what are they gonna tell you? Its here, its getting built...they added a brake pad this week, next week it gets the exhaust...that sure would be tough to do with 100 builds in various stages...

My thought process was not to offend but actually came from Roger's post in the delivery thread when he stated they might have a newsletter sent with info.

In no way do I expect Roger to add anything else on his plate but surely someone on staff could spend 25 minutes a week to update all of us on questions we have all had. If the info came to us in that format, it surely would save more than 25 minutes in staffing salary versus answering all of our posts, emails and calls on a daily basis. Actually, it would be time productively spent. When there is no news or the feeling that one has to pull information about the progress of the program, one could assume things are not moving smoothly. Why create doubt?

The questions on the forum that we have asked could be addressed in a newsletter or email to all purchasers. These items would be:

Final decision on CSM tag location?

Has the Eibach suspension being used on the first wave been tested side by side with the Ford Racing Parts?

Why not FR parts in first wave?

Status of High Performance Cooling Prototype.

Status of CARB testing.

Status on any other government issues.

Info on Ford's durability testing process.

Final hp and boost numbers.

Option of having 3M Clear Film Installed in Vegas before delivery.

Final answer on additional SC warranty to 3/36?

Status of parts supply for F/R fascia.

Will the production cars still utilize screws to attach rear reverse lights?

When will the first wave be completed?

Pictures of the final product should not be something too time consuming and I do not think we are asking for anything overwhelming to get photos of what we have purchased. In fact, additional photos of the progress of the builds and photos of the production cars would increase excitement in the program and show prospective customers the process is on track. I understand if parts are delayed there would be a problem getting a production photo, but let us know. We have sent deposits on good faith and the information should be distributed in good faith. If we cannot manage the information, how can we manage building the cars?.

These are questions that many of us have asked and have been pretty patient awaiting answers.

I'm sure that things are busy at the shop these days but customers, any customers in any business, have a level of expectations and it is the business owners task to try and satisfy his customers needs and see that expectations are met. I hate to think I need to lower my expectations but maybe that is the case.

Respectfully,

Tony

My thought process was not to offend but actually came from Roger's post in the delivery thread when he stated they might have a newsletter sent with info.

In no way do I expect Roger to add anything else on his plate but surely someone on staff could spend 25 minutes a week to update all of us on questions we have all had. If the info came to us in that format, it surely would save more than 25 minutes in staffing salary versus answering all of our posts, emails and calls on a daily basis. Actually, it would be time productively spent. When there is no news or the feeling that one has to pull information about the progress of the program, one could assume things are not moving smoothly. Why create doubt?

The questions on the forum that we have asked could be addressed in a newsletter or email to all purchasers. These items would be:

Final decision on CSM tag location?

Has the Eibach suspension being used on the first wave been tested side by side with the Ford Racing Parts?

Why not FR parts in first wave?

Status of High Performance Cooling Prototype.

Status of CARB testing.

Status on any other government issues.

Info on Ford's durability testing process.

Final hp and boost numbers.

Option of having 3M Clear Film Installed in Vegas before delivery.

Final answer on additional SC warranty to 3/36?

Status of parts supply for F/R fascia.

Will the production cars still utilize screws to attach rear reverse lights?

When will the first wave be completed?

Pictures of the final product should not be something too time consuming and I do not think we are asking for anything overwhelming to get photos of what we have purchased. In fact, additional photos of the progress of the builds and photos of the production cars would increase excitement in the program and show prospective customers the process is on track. I understand if parts are delayed there would be a problem getting a production photo, but let us know. We have sent deposits on good faith and the information should be distributed in good faith. If we cannot manage the information, how can we manage building the cars?.

These are questions that many of us have asked and have been pretty patient awaiting answers.

I'm sure that things are busy at the shop these days but customers, any customers in any business, have a level of expectations and it is the business owners task to try and satisfy his customers needs and see that expectations are met. I hate to think I need to lower my expectations but maybe that is the case.

Respectfully,

Tony

I agree, with a better flow of information in an organized fashion, we would all sleep better. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I was there at Tulsa, and I got to ride with Gary Patterson in the Gt350, the SC concept. There was great interest out there, and while I don't have any idea on track lap times, we were passing everyone. PLUS the car had the factory tires and not the slicks on and it still handled like a dream! The cars were busy all weekend with journalists, TV and radio promos and regular folk like us. SA did a great job getting the cars in the spotlight, but best of all, they were driven all over the place all weekend, at the hotel, on the cruise, at the track, at a radio station doing burnouts....Jim Owens and Gary P. were working non-stop the whole time! I've got a ton of pics and video, but I am out of town this week too. I'll post them when I get home.

Roger, Gary did say y'all have a picture with a car with stripes down the rear, and his opinion was that it looked really good. Any chance we can at least see that one here on the forum? I also had some time with our new President, and he is a REALLY smart and great choice. He told me the painted cars would all have stripes all the way down now the rear now.

The other Gt350 had the production badging which I think is a much better choice. We got pics I will post ASAP. :happy feet:

looky here,forgot these from my phone....

Here is the running pony like the originals had, and my one real wish for the production cars

post-11131-127744279226_thumb.jpg

Here you have the new fender badges. They simply say SHELBY...no redundancy on the GT350 badging if you remove the hood stripe badging in the painted cars...awesome!

post-11131-127744287005_thumb.jpg

PhotoShop

post-7727-127749037101_thumb.jpg

post-7727-127749037101_thumb.jpg

Dang Tony! Great post! I haven't even thought to ask some of those questions.

Yes SWA,

I had seen the Photoshop pic before, but, like they say- ain't nothing like the real thing baby!

Add this question. How are these cars going to be registered? Does Shelby do it? The dealer who you ordered the car from? If the car is picked up at Shelby with a "museum" delivery it needs a temporary registration to drive it home. How is this going to be done?

this reminds me back when the Super Snake package was released and everyone had to have it, deposits were sent in and the waiting started. then the components starting chaging after deposits were sent in. it was almost a year before production started, then the issues started. hope and change :hysterical::hysterical:

Many projects in the fire here at Shelby American. Sorry about the lack of pictures but there is only one of me folks.

Will do our best but please understand there is a lot going on.

9 cars yesterday. 14 scheduled to be delivered on the 29. Have 59 more confirmed VIN's.

Can't report on Tulsa but I was not there.

Roger

ummm.....thats today..!! :drool:

maybe we will get some :camera:

ummm.....thats today..!! :drool:

maybe we will get some :camera:

Well, don't know about pictures, but I can attest that mine arrived at SAI first thing this morning! Got a phone call and an email that it had arrived...so there's one of the 14.

John

Well, don't know about pictures, but I can attest that mine arrived at SAI first thing this morning! Got a phone call and an email that it had arrived...so there's one of the 14.

John

John, congrats to you and your wonderfull phone call this morning....

Do I dare say that you'll have the keys come Sept....??? ( 60 day build time )

John, congrats to you and your wonderfull phone call this morning....

Do I dare say that you'll have the keys come Sept....??? ( 60 day build time )

Hope reigns supreme!!!

Yeah, I want to keep interest up on these cars for Shelby, but Im running out of things to say! I would kill for some pictures...well, okay not kill, but a bribe might be in order! :hysterical:

In other news, I did get a snail mail letter asking for confirmation of the build and options yesterday. So, I guess everything is moving forward. Man, I CANT WAIT to see a picture of a bunch of white coupes with some body parts and sporting some guardsman blue!!!!!!! :happy feet:

Yeah, I want to keep interest up on these cars for Shelby, but Im running out of things to say! I would kill for some pictures...well, okay not kill, but a bribe might be in order! :hysterical:

In other news, I did get a snail mail letter asking for confirmation of the build and options yesterday. So, I guess everything is moving forward. Man, I CANT WAIT to see a picture of a bunch of white coupes with some body parts and sporting some guardsman blue!!!!!!! :happy feet:

At least you have heard something.

Dubbs

I gotta letter today also about my options. I'll take that as a good sign also.

C'mon Shelby guys!

Somebody in Vegas take 5 minutes, go snap off a couple of pics and post them here.

maybe we should post an add on craigslist(Las Vegas) for somebody to drive out and take a few pictures..?? :hysterical: just kidding.....kinda..

Seriously though........Is everything allright in Vegas..??

Are more parts on backorder, then originally planned..?

Dubbs

I gotta letter today also about my options. I'll take that as a good sign also.

Not so fast guys. I got the letter too. But it seems there's going to be a follow up letter with a bit more info on it. It's going to be more specific as to the options and add-ons so everyone is on the exact same page. So, see, it'll be like Christmas; more presents are coming....but I'm guessing that nothing is happening to the cars until all the letters back and forth are done.

John

Archived