TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 KR for sale

Did you sell it?

hmmmm

I think the lack of response to your question would suggest that the answer is "NO".

I am having the same problem...2008 KR (silver/blue stripes) posted about a month ago on this site. Asking $55K...only 1,400 miles and many, many aftermarket goodies under the car. Engine is stock....540 HP.

UncleRon

hmmmm

I think the lack of response to your question would suggest that the answer is "NO".

I am having the same problem...2008 KR (silver/blue stripes) posted about a month ago on this site. Asking $55K...only 1,400 miles and many, many aftermarket goodies under the car. Engine is stock....540 HP.

UncleRon

It is a long story, the 2010 Fusion has a serious trans problem . Ford will only offer a temporary fix , and not correct the problem. Many owners have alot of problems after the fix ,some owners can't pull into traffic cause the trans will not engage. I sold my car back to the dealer for a loss. After 3 weeks in the shop i was tired of getting the round around with Ford. I was so mad i wanted to sell anything Ford. I still have the old flywheel in my 08 KR also. Well i came to my senses and decided to keep the KR cause it is a Shelby.

It is a long story, the 2010 Fusion has a serious trans problem . Ford will only offer a temporary fix , and not correct the problem. Many owners have alot of problems after the fix ,some owners can't pull into traffic cause the trans will not engage. I sold my car back to the dealer for a loss. After 3 weeks in the shop i was tired of getting the round around with Ford. I was so mad i wanted to sell anything Ford. I still have the old flywheel in my 08 KR also. Well i came to my senses and decided to keep the KR cause it is a Shelby.

Indeed, the Fusion's do have a SERIOUS transmission problem (not the Hybrids), and Ford appears to be sandbagging the owners of these troublesome cars. I understand that there was a bad batch of transmissions that don't engage or shift properly, and I understand that they also puke transmission fluid too.

FoMoCo...don't handle this issue poorly, you don't what a reputation like Toyota is getting. The internet can be quite a powerful tool for consumers, and if you're not careful, this issue will spread negitivity like a California wildfire.

STEP UP AND REPLACE THE TRANSMISSIONS COMPLETELY!

From my experience with dealing with customer service and the zone rep they must be trained to just do the minimun . I explained i purchased 10 cars in the past 14 years plus a Ford GT and asked if they consider me a loyal customer ? All they would say was sorry to hear your not happy,Blah Blah Blah . They also had the local ford engineer tell me to my face it was fixed now. So we went for a merry little cruise which turned out to be not so merry. Back in the shop again, this time for new spark plugs, no that didn't work .These guys remind me of BP except they tinker with cars. But this is not funny when you pull out in traffic and nothing happens. Maybe when someone gets killed they will wake up.They need to replace these bum trans ASAP. There's alot of owners that don't know this and it's a ticking time bomb, come on ford do the right thing.

I had a 06 Fusion with transmission problems and traded it in for my 09 Shelby KR...best move I ever made.

Happy Motoring All. :salute:

Fred

Archived