TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Genesis Engines

GT500-07

some nice options for us CSX owners,

http://www.genesis427.com/Crates1.htm

Their "period specific/correct" 427FE builds look just like the '65 427's side oilers that Holman-Moody built back in the good 'ole days! I guess the only draw back one could raise is the weight difference in a cast iron block vs. a newer Shelby aluminum block.

Their "period specific/correct" 427FE builds look just like the '65 427's side oilers that Holman-Moody built back in the good 'ole days! I guess the only draw back one could raise is the weight difference in a cast iron block vs. a newer Shelby aluminum block.

There are known issues with Genesis blocks. If you buy one, I'd buy one from a builder that knows them well and machines accordingly. That probably goes for all blocks actually. Buy from someone that guarantees they will be right like Keith Craft, Survival Motorsports, Gessford, etc.

There are known issues with Genesis blocks. If you buy one, I'd buy one from a builder that knows them well and machines accordingly. That probably goes for all blocks actually. Buy from someone that guarantees they will be right like Keith Craft, Survival Motorsports, Gessford, etc.

+1

I totally agree...I've read about the porosity issues over on CC and the poor owner's plight to get the block replaced.

• 1 month later...

Double post.

Both Genesis and Pond, have had problems in the past with porosity, but I haven't heard any problems in resent blocks. Like the FE builders stated above, they would not use one if there was still issues.

I having a FE builder using a Genesis block & punched it out to 527 cid.

Archived