TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Qtr. window and side scoops

I bought a set of Street Scene side scoops from Bangastang for my '11 GT350.

I chose them because they are more like the Shelby GT, Super Snake, Cal Special scoops. Less "pie shaped" than the Ford ones.

Check them out on the Bangastang website.

I am debating on adding Qtr. window and side scoops on my 011. Anyone done this (what brand, cost, install difficulty and pictures if you have them)? I saw a set at Stage3 that looks decent but I rather get your opinions first.

Thanks

I ordered the Ford side scoops today. $85 each wholesale. Pick them up tomorrow, paint on Thursday and install on Friday.

Received my OEM side scoops yesterday, go w/ the Ford part, the side scoop that bangastang sells are cheap looking, the vent part is a sticker vs. the OEM part are matched to the hood vent and look like they belong on the car.

I found them on Ebay for $175 shipped to me, going to paint today.

I bought a pair of Shelby quarter window scoops from Shelbystore... I brought them to the paint shop the other day and the paint job they did was pretty custy.... The edges are a bit rough and it looks like it's flaking a bit. I'm so pissed right now I dont even want to attach them to the car. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell these guys so they can redo it well?

The parts are polyurethane.... should I tell them to prime and paint the underside as well? The only good thing is that the paint was a 100% match for the Kona blue....

tpenziner..can you post a pic of your car from different angles with the OEM side scoops? I want to get those done as well but I haven't really seen any good photos to justify the purchase.

Edited by Mulanzo

I bought a pair of Shelby quarter window scoops from Shelbystore... I brought them to the paint shop the other day and the paint job they did was pretty custy.... The edges are a bit rough and it looks like it's flaking a bit. I'm so pissed right now I dont even want to attach them to the car. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can tell these guys so they can redo it well?

The parts are polyurethane.... should I tell them to prime and paint the underside as well? The only good thing is that the paint was a 100% match for the Kona blue....

tpenziner..can you post a pic of your car from different angles with the OEM side scoops? I want to get those done as well but I haven't really seen any good photos to justify the purchase.

They went to paint today, I'll have them back tomorrow. Once I get them on, I'll take pictures and post for everyone.

looks just like my car!!they look great---did you paint them yourself----how did you match the paint,it looks perfect---how much.How do they mount,did you do the mounting--i really like them congrats

happy%20feet.gif

Thank you, I'm really happy w/ them!

I bought the OEM Ford side scoops on Ebay for $175, then I researched a few local body shops around me, it cost me $100 for both painted to match the car PERFECT! All I did was bring them the Ford paint code and he plugged it into the computer and ordered the paint! They use all the latest technology and DuPont paint. There is not one flaw in the paint, they look perfect on the car and the OEM are truly meant to fit these cars the right way. I love how the vents match the hood vent.

As for mounting, I put them on myself in 5 min... very easy as long as you're careful.

Edited by tpenziner

happy%20feet.gif

Thank you, I'm really happy w/ them!

I bought the OEM Ford side scoops on Ebay for $175, then I researched a few local body shops around me, it cost me $100 for both painted to match the car PERFECT! All I did was bring them the Ford paint code and he plugged it into the computer and ordered the paint! They use all the latest technology and DuPont paint. There is not one flaw in the paint, they look perfect on the car and the OEM are truly meant to fit these cars the right way. I love how the vents match the hood vent.

As for mounting, I put them on myself in 5 min... very easy as long as you're careful.

was the seller from florida--also, i have concerend about them holding at sustained high speeds--do they trap the air,or is there a hole in rear for air to escape

Edited by Torched10

was the seller from florida--also, i have concerend about them holding at sustained high speeds--do they trap the air,or is there a hole in rear for air to escape

Kansas I think... These are on their very well, very aerodynamic and contour to the car.

Do you have a part number for the oem scoops?

Just picked mine up this afternoon.

Here is Ford's part #s:

AR3Z-63279D37-AA (Left Side)

AR3Z-63279D36-AA (Right Side)

They come with the double sided tape attached to the scoop, primed and ready for sanding and paint. There are 2 pages of mounting instructions and alcahol wipes to clean the surface of your car.

Edited by jdaallen

I'm happy to report that the paint shop repainted my Shelby quarter window scoops and they came out a lot better. I installed them this morning in the garage but it was raining so I didn't get a chance to take any pics yet. I will do that soon.

I want to order those door scoops now as well but the only thing holding me back is that the OEM door scoops have that stock looking grill inside and the Shelby quarter scoops just have a sticker for the intake. I don't like the non matching nonsense.

Those look great on your car.

However...that shot of your car in the garage is making me nervous...too many things around your car that could fall off or tip over, etc. LOL!

Funny you should say that. Last week I went to get my Harley out of the garage and when I backed it up It just touched the exhaust on my 1973 Honda SL350 which fell over onto my 1969 Honda Sandcast CB750 which in turn fell over and put a dent in my 2009 SRT8 Challenger.

Boy was I glad it didn't hit my Shelby!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Those are so sweet, I dont have them (convertible) but have seen them on a car at a show - they are gorgeous...

And Silverhorse gets THUMBS UP - they are great to deal with! Highest quality on all their products...

GUS

Thanks Gus. I have not seen them in person but the pictures look great.