TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forum Wars - Shelby GT WINS!!!!!

daytonprowler

Forum Wars may not prove much, except that SGT owners are smarter than others.

If one gets invited to a race party and one wants to look good, bringing the right

shoes (tires) and partner (driver) should be at the top of the prep list. I certainly

love the things I can do with the Hoosiers on my car.

-Tom

Wow! That's awesome and down 2 hp to boot (for some reason they list the Shelby GT as 317 vice 319). Just goes to show you that hp ain't everything. Driver is the most important variable. Plus the SGT is a great road course car.

That is just funny. The guy hates the fact that the SGT won the race he disrespects the SGT bigtime after it just beat all the other VERY expensive toys out there. And the "real" Shelby thing was just a laugher too. As they say "it is what it is" :hysterical3:

This was a great show and the article from jalopnik was a good read.

Speaking of respect, I picked my car up yesterday after having my stripes painted on and my deep draw hood mounted. My paint guy told me that other people were telling him that my car was NOT a real Shelby. Even on Guam we SGT guys get no respect.

good post. great article. Many people have knocked Carroll Shelby in recent years saying he would put his name on anything just to make a buck. I have followed his career and his cars for many years and in my opinion almost anything he has put his name on has been a winner and I dont think he puts his name on anything unless he believes in it. The article that daytonaprowler posted about the SGT and how it stacked up against its competitors continues this fact. The SGT is a REAL Shelby and its a WINNER. Any naysayers should read/view the forum wars article. I have driven the S197 Mustang GT, The GT500 and the SGT. For what I wanted, I found the SGT to be the best choice. I bought 08SGT#1754 last week and couldnt be happier. It handles well, it is fast ,it is proving to be a great daily driver, it has plenty of wow factor and it is rare......all the things a REAL Shelby has always been. It is also less common than the current standard GT's and GT500's. I am not knocking the Standard GT or the GT500's. They are great cars as well, but for me it was the SGT. Thank you Mister Shelby for producing another great car.......THE SGT.

I honestly think the Shelby GT isn't familiar to MOST of the general public because of the name. Many people have heard the term GT500, and Shelby. However, for decades Ford has used the GT term for the performance Mustang; usually with a stiffer suspension with a V8 engine. So, people hear the name GT and instantly assume it's just a normal Mustang. To this day, I am not sure why the Shelby GT wasn't named the GT350. It fit, it would've worked; and all those uneducated people would've been familiar with it.

Let's not forget also that a Shelby GT has been the national F/S autocross championship car for 2 or 3 years now! :happy feet:

I think he (Sam Stranos) might have moved on to a 5.0 now however...

When I was looking, my 1st choice was a used GT-500 but I ended up with a used SGT because it was much less expensive. Now, I am so happy that I have an SGT !! I think they are going to be hard to come by in several years and the GT-500s will be "a dime a dozen" in a few years too..... No offense to the GT-500; there are just many more out there. I'll buy one of those later ;)

Let's not forget also that a Shelby GT has been the national F/S autocross championship car for 2 or 3 years now! :happy feet:

I agree. The Shelby GT is currently under appreciated as a legitimate road course car.

• 10 months later...

Archived