TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Blind Spot Mirrors

nothing

anyone looked into installing these? i am definitely going to be getting them.

can't believe they decided against the homelink visors

the only two things i was jealous of the 2011 for and maybe the hd radio

I'd be interested in the new mirrors too. Haven't heard much about them however.

I also didn't know that the new model had HD radio....still the same Shaker 500 and Shaker 1000 systems...but just some more features? Anybody with a 2011 that can shed some light on the stereo?

Don't feel too bad about HD radio, it's WAY overrated. Maybe others can tell the difference between FM analog and a FM digital (HD) broadcast, but I sure as hell can't.

Don't feel too bad about HD radio, it's WAY overrated. Maybe others can tell the difference between FM analog and a FM digital (HD) broadcast, but I sure as hell can't.

Very true about the quality. The main thing that interests me is the additional stations available. Some stations in town have 3 frequencies on HD radio. No biggie, I guess. Just didn't really know there was a change in the radio for 2011.

The mirrors are great but a bit confusing at first glance, no pun intended. The HD radio is nice but nothing like the sound of the Shelby.

Rock

They now have a little, almost use less bubble mirror on the inside corner of both mirrors.

Have you checked them out in person? I haven't gotten up and close with a 2011 yet. If they are indeed useless...I'll pass. Thought they might be of some help parking and I honestly thought they looked kind of cool. Oh well.

The mirrors are great but a bit confusing at first glance, no pun intended. The HD radio is nice but nothing like the sound of the Shelby.

Rock

Yeah, I thinking that in the Shelby's sub-par stock stereo configuration..there's no way to tell HD from normal radio in terms of sound.

Have you checked them out in person? I haven't gotten up and close with a 2011 yet. If they are indeed useless...I'll pass. Thought they might be of some help parking and I honestly thought they looked kind of cool. Oh well.

I like the mirrors. Took a little getting used to, but once your comfortable with them, they do a good job for the blind spot. Not much helping in parking though.

The HD radio on the Nav package (Shaker 500) sounds pretty dang good to me! Of course I'm coming from a 2008 vette with the Nav/"Blose" system (as it is fondly known on corvetteforum), so I may not be the best person to ask.

The mirrors are a bit odd and I have not gotten used to them yet.

i always install the small round blink spot mirrors on my vehicles and have waited since i got my 2010 since i knew these were coming out. once you use them it is hard to be without (at least for me)

after installing the small round ones i find myself only looking into those for the most part.

I have a 2011 GT500 and really like the new blind-spot mirrors. Have used them on the multi-lane hwys in the DC metro area and they are very helpful in changing lanes in the always heavy traffic. Easy to use and wish I had them on my 2010 Fusion.

I have a 2011 GT500 and really like the new blind-spot mirrors. Have used them on the multi-lane hwys in the DC metro area and they are very helpful in changing lanes in the always heavy traffic. Easy to use and wish I had them on my 2010 Fusion.

Yeah The visibility in the new style mustangs is terrible compared to the 99-04, especially for a convertible. I have this huge hump where the convertible top is and since I never use mirrors I have to use mine when changing mirrors because I cant see over that hump enough to feel comfortable enough a car isn't there.

The blind spot mirrors are really nice, I'm just loathe to start relying on them since I don't have them in all of my cars, and I don't want to develop bad habits.

If you learn to set normal mirrors properly, you will not have any blind spots.

Still wish it had an option for a back-up camera.

A flat mirror can't cover all of the angles necessary to give you full visibility. These aren't truck mirrors we're talking about.

Google 'how to set your mirrors'.

I'm aware you can see your blind spots if you adjust your mirrors for them but then you can't see things right next to your car like curbs, walls, etc when moving in reverse. You have to choose one or the other except turning your head can't always show you whats beneath your field of vision or tell you how close you are to something when pulling a tight manuever.

I think the blind spot mirrors eliminate the need to sacrifice one or the other and give you visibility to your car as well.

I'm aware you can see your blind spots if you adjust your mirrors for them but then you can't see things right next to your car like curbs, walls, etc when moving in reverse. You have to choose one or the other except turning your head can't always show you whats beneath your field of vision or tell you how close you are to something when pulling a tight manuever.

I think the blind spot mirrors eliminate the need to sacrifice one or the other and give you visibility to your car as well.

Amen, brother!

Picture of 2010-2011 RV mirror with intergrated blind spot mirror...

th_95856bf3.jpg

After battling the DC traffic for lots of years I can see how any additional sight would be helpful. Off topic but do you ever get to the Sunday morning cruise in Burtonsville? There are about 3 Shelby GT500's that show but I've not seen a 2011 yet. Sorry for the hijack.

I have to say I hate the new mirrors. The passenger side is not bad but the drivers side angles way to far out. I am going to try to take them off and put 2010 mirrors. Anybody want to trade let me know. I like the little stick on round mirrors.

I have to say I hate the new mirrors. The passenger side is not bad but the drivers side angles way to far out. I am going to try to take them off and put 2010 mirrors. Anybody want to trade let me know. I like the little stick on round mirrors.

let me know i will be interested in trading. take some pics when you get them off and tell me how you did it. do you know if they pop right off like my denali?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to switch to the 2011 mirrors, anyone know if it's quick swap and what the part number for the 2011 mirror would be?

Found the part numbers and pricing. It looks like the window motor assembly hasn't changed. Would anyone know how to properly remove the mirror? Would anyone be able to provide that page in the service manual? I am guessing it just pops out without much work? If so, then I guess I will guinea pig the replacement of the mirrors.

Found the part numbers and pricing. It looks like the window motor assembly hasn't changed. Would anyone know how to properly remove the mirror? Would anyone be able to provide that page in the service manual? I am guessing it just pops out without much work? If so, then I guess I will guinea pig the replacement of the mirrors.

This is for an '09, dont think the mirrors have changed:09mirror.pdf

09mirror.pdf

This is for an '09, dont think the mirrors have changed:09mirror.pdf

Sweet I will gently check this out tonight, and order the 2011 mirrors if I'm comfortable doing it. The sucky thing is I can't view the 2011 mirrors before buying because the dealers aren't carrying them in inventory. At least in this area. The mirrors are still focused towards production at the moment.

Sweet I will gently check this out tonight, and order the 2011 mirrors if I'm comfortable doing it. The sucky thing is I can't view the 2011 mirrors before buying because the dealers aren't carrying them in inventory. At least in this area. The mirrors are still focused towards production at the moment.

where are you ordering them from and how much? if you dont mind.

Archived