TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gonna Paint the Stripes

Well it looks like the new Shelby is headed to the body shop on Monday to get the stripes painted on.

The Chip Beck Hood Scoop was repaired flawlessly by Heath and will be installed as well.

The Original Scoop is headed to the Carroll Shelby Foundation for his signature, which might make the only one with matching Black and White signed hood scoops !!!!!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I am seriously debating leaving the windshield fluid nozzles off and having the holes filled in, the Shelby is not my DD and I try not to get caught in the rain anyway,

web.jpg

Also leaning heavy towards the Black Billet Grill instead of the Silver Original ones and the Agent 47 I had on my last Shelby.

web.jpg

Also still on the fence with the Black Stripes instead of staying original with the Satin Silver

Take Care

Andrew

Well it looks like the new Shelby is headed to the body shop on Monday to get the stripes painted on.

The Chip Beck Hood Scoop was repaired flawlessly by Heath and will be installed as well.

The Original Scoop is headed to the Carroll Shelby Foundation for his signature, which might make the only one with matching Black and White signed hood scoops !!!!!

I am seriously debating leaving the windshield fluid nozzles off and having the holes filled in, the Shelby is not my DD and I try not to get caught in the rain anyway,

Also leaning heavy towards the Black Billet Grill instead of the Silver Original ones and the Agent 47 I had on my last Shelby.

Also still on the fence with the Black Stripes instead of staying original with the Satin Silver

Take Care

Andrew

Andrew,

My vote is to stay with the silver. I'd be interested to know how much they're charging you to paint your stripes and what the color code is for the paint.

Dave

+1 on staying with the silver stripes. I'm having mine painted on right now and my paint guy matched the stripes to Ford's YN paint code. It matched the vinyl stripes almost perfectly.

I say blue stripes !! Also , I think there is a kit to put nozzles on the blades like chevy had. Also maybe put the nozzles under the hood. But it would look nice without them it's one thing that will be gone when my stripes get painted and the antenna.

Don't you need the washer nozzles on the car and operational to pass inspection? I would think that would be something that must be present on a car to pass saftey standards?

I would stick with the Silver stripes...they look really classy on a white car.

Andrew,

My vote is to stay with the silver. I'd be interested to know how much they're charging you to paint your stripes and what the color code is for the paint.

Dave

$1,500 and clear another $1,500 to clear it but I plan not to clear that way they look like vinyl stripes

one lesson from the last time I will paint the side stripes sold first and then the white stripes and letters on top, the previous time we went with the negative effect like the vinyl is and the small stripes closed up a little

Satin Silver Paint code is M7049A Sherwin Williams #63454

SHELBY GT lettering is Myriad Pro Bold Italic 163 pt.

Don't you need the washer nozzles on the car and operational to pass inspection? I would think that would be something that must be present on a car to pass saftey standards?

I would stick with the Silver stripes...they look really classy on a white car.

Good question I am gonna ask my auto/inspection guy tomorrow, Thanks !!!!!!

Silver :angel: Black :devil: ughhhhh :headscratch:

Take Care

Andrew

Andrew, your just bound and determined to slow that car down w/ something black! :hysterical: your car do whatever you want ......just remember who took 1st and who took, uhhhh...well I'll leave it at that....take care and let us know what you decide. Craig :slapfight:

there is a kit for putting the squirters on the wiper arms (ala supersnake) i did it on my CS hood.

BLACK STRIPES! BLACK STRIPES! BLACK STRIPES! It will look great.

I will probably catch some flak for this but it needs to be said. There are only two things I ever hated on the SGTs- the fake scoops and the silver stripes. On a white car- they look horrible- even when new. I remember the first time I saw a white SGT with the silver stripes- I thought they looked kind of wussy. Blue or black stripes should have been on the car to begin with.

BLACK STRIPES! BLACK STRIPES! BLACK STRIPES! It will look great.

I will probably catch some flak for this but it needs to be said. There are only two things I ever hated on the SGTs- the fake scoops and the silver stripes. On a white car- they look horrible- even when new. I remember the first time I saw a white SGT with the silver stripes- I thought they looked kind of wussy. Blue or black stripes should have been on the car to begin with.

Black it is then and no fake scoop for me thanks to Chip Beck, rumor has it Heath and he are working on functional side scoops

Andrew

Nice! For some reason I can't locate the thread for functional hood scoops. I guess that's what I get for being gone from this forum for 6 months. The last Chip Beck scoops were nice replacements, but I didn't know they were functional- Anyone have the link?

Making the side scoops functional isn't too difficult. I am actually working on using the GT/CS scoops in a similar way the original GT350R did.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Take Care

Andrew

Hey Andrew you should clear the whole car the clear on that came from the factory sux's way to soft and with the blk paint it shows every scratch. I met up with this old timer he's a body and painter. He has three awesome chevy's painted by him he showed me his painted stripes that you didn't feel any lines or see any either. Which most striped cars you can feel the ridge on them. The one car was a 2010 camaro he recleared the whole car after the stripes to get rid of the ridge and like said before factory clear is to soft and easy to scratch. I plan on wet sanding my car down and pulling the stripes myself and reclearing it. I had my extention cord laying on my fender. It left small line from the cord it was just layed there wasn't pulled or dropped just placed my buddy couldn't believe how soft the clear is.

What to you my truck painted by me not a hard thing to do.

Good luck

Hey Andrew you should clear the whole car the clear on that came from the factory sux's way to soft and with the blk paint it shows every scratch. I met up with this old timer he's a body and painter. He has three awesome chevy's painted by him he showed me his painted stripes that you didn't feel any lines or see any either. Which most striped cars you can feel the ridge on them. The one car was a 2010 camaro he recleared the whole car after the stripes to get rid of the ridge and like said before factory clear is to soft and easy to scratch. I plan on wet sanding my car down and pulling the stripes myself and reclearing it. I had my extention cord laying on my fender. It left small line from the cord it was just layed there wasn't pulled or dropped just placed my buddy couldn't believe how soft the clear is.

What to you my truck painted by me not a hard thing to do.

Good luck

Anthony

You pointed me in the right direction more than once (PIAA bulbs) and this is the case again. The plan is to clear the whole car after the (black) stripes are painted.

Thanks

Andrew

Anthony

You pointed me in the right direction more than once (PIAA bulbs) and this is the case again. The plan is to clear the whole car after the (black) stripes are painted.

Thanks

Andrew

Not sure why I did not take photos ? ?

Looked at the car today and it looked great so I decided to just clear the stripes not the whole car, I like the look and that it looks like good quality vinyl. Only mistake was he did not paint through the license plate area instead he copied the vinyl and went around, He did such a good job so fast I did not say anything, It is something I can live with

Will post photos tomorrow

Thanks

Andrew

Not sure why I did not take photos ? ?

Looked at the car today and it looked great so I decided to just clear the stripes not the whole car, I like the look and that it looks like good quality vinyl. Only mistake was he did not paint through the license plate area instead he copied the vinyl and went around, He did such a good job so fast I did not say anything, It is something I can live with

Will post photos tomorrow

Thanks

Andrew

Well my car is all scuffed up and ready for a recoat of upgraded clear but with a touch of madness!! Stay tuned same wack channel same wacko time.

Anthony

• 4 weeks later...

Archived