TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Super Snake on Ebay

Just one question regarding the car: does the butterfly come standard on the grill? :hysterical:

I just came back from a cruise in my SS. I have quite a few on the front of my car now too........but mine are a bit mashed! Definatley not as nice as his butterfly!! That must be extra!! :hysterical:

not really once you pay for new car and upgrades

I don't know exactly how much a new fully optioned 2010 Coupe costs, but I would guess it is more than $47K+ 2008/09 GT500 MSRP and then there is tax, thousands more, plus the almost $46K that this seller is saying was paid to Shelby (I assume that includes the tax on the taxable portion of the conversion), and then if a person does not live close to Las Vegas, shipping the car out and back can cost $2500+ round trip.

Add all of the "real costs" together, as you have mentioned, this sellers price is not out of line at all.

Real $$$, I was up in the $90K's for my 08, and this seller is saying that his conversion (with the additional options that are now available) at $46K, spent about $10K more. He is $100K+ real money.

When people see a price, the don't remember taxes, and in some cases transportation costs................They cost thousands on big ticket items.

R

New 2010's (this isn't an '11) are all over eBay for $46K. Add on $46K he paid and you're at $92K. That's $13K for the "get it now" feature for a car that is not only a year old, but with the '11 being so much better it's also a previous generation.

For what he's asking, buy this 2011 in Vegas already:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-SHELBY-GT-500-LOADED-COBRA-5-4L-SVT-RED-COUPE-NEW-/150457060898?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2307f08e22

Pay Shelby $50K-ish for the SS conversion and you're at $105K plus tax and a plane ticket to Vegas. So, for the cost of tax and a plane ticket, you can have an '11 instead of a '10.

New 2010's (this isn't an '11) are all over eBay for $46K. Add on $46K he paid and you're at $92K. That's $13K for the "get it now" feature for a car that is not only a year old, but with the '11 being so much better it's also a previous generation.

For what he's asking, buy this 2011 in Vegas already:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-SHELBY-GT-500-LOADED-COBRA-5-4L-SVT-RED-COUPE-NEW-/150457060898?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2307f08e22

Pay Shelby $50K-ish for the SS conversion and you're at $105K plus tax and a plane ticket to Vegas. So, for the cost of tax and a plane ticket, you can have an '11 instead of a '10.

My point was..........a 10 with the options that his car has (from Ford), and the cost of a Super Snake conversion with the options that have been chosen for Shelby to install are approx. $10K more than what was available for install in the 2007-2009 time period. Heck, the 725/750 horse conversion all by itself has jumped from $31,995 to $34,995 from what I had last heard, so that jump alone takes a $3K bite out of that $10K extra cost of the Super Snake conversion on this eBay 10, in comparision to my 08. I know that there are upgrades from the 10 to the 11, but my comparision of "generations" would be more of the 2009 to 2010 change, and I don't even know if that could be considered a generation change, upgrades and restyle - yes..........generation change - ?

What options are on the $46K 10's? This 11 doesn't have NAV from what I can see, his 10 does. In the 2007-2009 time period NAV was approx. $2K, I'm sure it has not come down in price and some owners would like NAV.

I also notice that the 11 linked is a "reserve not met" auction. The hype is still there for a 11 model, and the "adjusted market value" will still have to be paid, so to buy an 11 (well optioned), it will be a little bit of a wait to buy at the lower $$$. Does the SS buyer feel like waiting?

As with any new car, even specialty cars, does the older model year decrease in value?, yep, no magic there. There may be a person out there who does not want to pay the "hype $$$" for an 11, and would prefer a fully optioned 10 at a lower price, Or someone is not interested in going through the conversion process and just wants to pay the $$$, turn the key and drive away.

Either way that a person goes, what was paid new for the car, will decline in $$$ until the turning point.............. If someone chooses to wait even longer, the 12's will be out and the 11's will be where the 10's are now. If this eBay 10 does not sell at the asking BIN, the only options will be to take less or keep the car.

R

My point stands... The BIN price, plus $50K equals $105K. The same money this guy wants for a '10. The '10 is clearly "worth" less than the '11. So, the extra money must be for the "get it now" feature, as I originally stated.

I agree, and a alum. block would be a nice weight reduction in the nose of the car.

R

105K... I'll pass... lol. Maybe for a Ford GT..., but not for SS.

I haven't seen any Ford GT's in that price range, maybe in the $120K's, but the ones that I have seen in that range have salvage titles.

Your 08 GT500 is optioned exactly like mine, the only difference is that mine was a Black striped car.

R

Archived