TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby CS8 004 for sale

robertlane

I noticed this on ebay and realized that it belong to Rich here at Shelby.

CS8-137.jpg

History of the Shelby CS6 and CS8

In 2005 while Shelby was just beginning their current relationship with Ford, they took a blue 2005 V6 Mustang and created the first CS6. While planning to produce the CS6 and its bigger version, the Shelby CS8, one thing led to another and they began production of the 2006 Shelby GT-H. The CS6 / CS8 program never got off the ground. Instead, it was offered as a kit and as separate parts. The kit included front and rear fascia, side scoops, upper and lower grille, Paxton supercharger, racing suspension, and various other items. Very few were given Shelby serial (CSM) numbers.

History of this particular CS8

The base car, a 2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe, was ordered in February of 2005. I took delivery in Las Vegas on June 6th. I drove the car as-is for more than a year before the build began. Beginning in August of 2006 and over the course of the next several months, Shelby installed the hood, suspension, front fascia, grille, side scoops, supercharger, gauge cluster on the dash, Hurst short-throw 5-speed shifter, center console cover, wheels and tires, side badges that were prototypes at the time (for the Shelby GT program, which ended up using different side badges), and the distinctive stripes you see on the car. It's Shelby CSM number is 05C0004, only the 4th car to receive a serial number for the 2005 model year.

CS8-149.jpg

To this day I use the CS8 as my daily driver. I have to admit, driving a Shelby to work every day is great. The car has always been very reliable, very fast, and the aggressive look turns lots of heads. It's never been in an accident, never had any real problems at all aside from the occasional ding in the windshield from gravel trucks on the highway. The latest ding in the windshield was repaired by Safelite. It's not invisible but won't turn into a crack. There are also some small chips in the front of the car but nothing unusual. There are no dents or scratches. I put it on the dyno this past April and it made 407 HP at the rear wheels. That's over 455 HP at the crank! The buyer is going to have a great time in this car and also have a piece of Shelby history.

This car is in excellent running condition. It has never been more than 50 miles from Las Vegas but it's fully capable of making a cross-country trip right now. I'll be sad to see it go but it's time for me to start a new project and the wife won't let me have two in the garage at the same time.

CS8-118.jpg

I will give the buyer the original Ford window sticker, a certificate of authenticity from the Shelby Registry, the Predator tuner that has the tune for the Paxton supercharger, and some other items I have that are related to this car.

I would encourage any serious bidder to contact me to see the car in person. Cashier check or cash only within 7 days of close. Buyer is responsible for shipping; car is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This car is listed locally as well so I must reserve the right to end this auction early.

MORE HERE

RichS@ShelbyAmerican.com

I must say this car is a runner! Sounds great too!

If your interested, give me a call and I can fill you in on the details. 702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

Wow, I dont know how you and Robert do it...Aren't you guys down at Tulsa for the show?...

I figured you guys would be busier then a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest but yet you still are posting early in the AM..... :salute:

Archived