TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kill Time Waiting 4 your GT350.

Ok ladies and gents the next few months will be heart wrenching waiting for our GT350’s I’ve provided a check list on things to do that will keep us occupied until our delivery.

Feel free to add:

· UPDATE any prenuptial agreements.

· If no prenuptial than get one. (lol!)

· Clean out garage (guys your ladies will love you for this)

· Make sure of your insurance coverage. (Not your everyday stang)

· Do your home chores. (‘Honey Do List “)

· Send flowers to your significant other. (This should help the sticker shock)

· Lay low on the mother in law wise quacks (this one is going to kill me)

· Since summer is here mow your lawn or your neighbors lawn. (Should help when you crank up that new car in your garage and wake up your neighbors)

· Walk your dog feed your fish pet your cat (all good time killers)

· Curl up in the fetal position with thumb in mouth and wait for Roger to call and tell you It’s READY!

Ok ladies and gents the next few months will be heart wrenching waiting for our GT350’s I’ve provided a check list on things to do that will keep us occupied until our delivery.

Feel free to add:

· Since summer is here mow your lawn or your neighbors lawn. (Should help when you crank up that new car in your garage and wake up your neighbors)

· Curl up in the fetal position with thumb in mouth and wait for Roger to call and tell you It’s READY!

Just out of curiousity, how many months do you think it might take...? Are you in the first or second batch of cars..?

Just out of curiousity, how many months do you think it might take...? Are you in the first or second batch of cars..?

No batch yet but my dealer called me last week and stated it should be at Shelby the week of June 26th. I would imagine 2 to 3 months after that provided all parts and the red tape has been completed.

• 3 months later...

Feel free to add:

UPDATE any prenuptial agreements. Check.

· If no prenuptial than get one. (lol!) Well, okay, NOW check.

· Clean out garage (guys your ladies will love you for this) Check.

· Make sure of your insurance coverage. (Not your everyday stang) Check since April actually

· Do your home chores. (‘Honey Do List “) Check.

· Send flowers to your significant other. (This should help the sticker shock) Who says she is gonna find the sticker!!!??? :hysterical:

· Lay low on the mother in law wise quacks (this one is going to kill me) Hmm, Working on that one still.

· Since summer is here mow your lawn or your neighbors lawn. (Should help when you crank up that new car in your garage and wake up your neighbors) Check.

· Walk your dog feed your fish pet your cat (all good time killers) Well, I misread that and after I fed the dog, the fish didnt survive the walk....oops! My bad honey.

· Curl up in the fetal position with thumb in mouth and wait for Roger to call and tell you It’s READY! I laughed at this when I first read it....ask Roger about the ill-timed call at 1AM Sunday morning...opps, Sorry my friend. I thought maybe you guys were working late and were just waiting for me to call at the right time!! Seriously, I cant sleep at night not knowing, and Im getting very cranky. The closer it gets, the more unbearable it gets. I dont understand that at all. Just too many things I have going on I guess. Tom Petty is my modern day prophet- The waiting is INDEED the hardest part!

Gosh Springer,

So MANY good songs to choose from there.... My first favorite of his was Woman in Love, and then I just got into every one of his songs...

Most bands or musicians release an album with two or three shots at a hit, Petty releases albums where two or three songs might NOT be.

He is in a rare class of musicians, like The Eagles, Boston, Led Zep, and Floyd, they release albums of hits, not albums of filler.

Not to mention- the guy is an everyman's hero!! Not a great voice, not a model for sure, but boy can he write songs and melodies....

I have a Mike Campbell guitar pick from the wildflowers tour....

Gosh Springer,

So MANY good songs to choose from there.... My first favorite of his was Woman in Love, and then I just got into every one of his songs...

Most bands or musicians release an album with two or three shots at a hit, Petty releases albums where two or three songs might NOT be.

He is in a rare class of musicians, like The Eagles, Boston, Led Zep, and Floyd, they release albums of hits, not albums of filler.

Not to mention- the guy is an everyman's hero!! Not a great voice, not a model for sure, but boy can he write songs and melodies....

I have a Mike Campbell guitar pick from the wildflowers tour....

DubbsFaris,

I have to say you have great tastes in music and musicians!

:salute:

Thank you. I have played guitar for most of my life, and as you learn songs and study the parts of a great song, it becomes pretty clear who uses talent, and who uses what I like to call formula "song in a box" methods.

I consider myself a student of music history, and the back stories to a songs development have always fascinated me. For instance:

Doobie Brothers wrote a song about where I grew up, when their tour bus broke down after a gig coming in to San Antonio from Victoria, TX. They were sitting on ice chests on the side of Hwy 87 next to their bus, and saw a city limit sign for a sleepy little town named China Grove. The rest is history.

Same happened with a band called Free. Paul Rodgers had already come up with a couple lyrics, and waiting backstage with his bassist, they were just messing around, and fumbled into the riff. 5 minutes later, they had their biggest hit.

Dust in the Wind was a riff based on the guitarists' warm up exercise. Many songs melodies have their base in that.

And of course, Stairway to Heaven supposedly came together in 10 or 15 minutes, and the lyrics just came to them, according to legend.

I don't mind using other music as inspiration for creation of new songs, it is how it is done. But I dont like rip offs. The biggest is probably the children's ABC and Twinkle Twinkle little star. Which came first? I dunno, but someone should sue the crap out of the other songwriter. Same exact melody. :headscratch:

I would get back on topic, but hey, whats the point? :hysterical::redcard:

Okay...since I can't wait any longer I've found something else to tide me over until the car gets released. The only problem is I can't decide on exactly which model to get and what color stripes would look the best. This is perfect for those who've always wanted a green Shelby!:hysterical:

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/

John

Archived