TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weight of 2010 GT 500

CobraKaz

Going to the Mustang Dyno on Monday . Does anyone know the weight of 10 gt 500 . No Nav package or any other add ons , just regular car .

Go check Car and Driver for articles/comparisons on the 2010. They actually weigh the car vs. using the manufacturer's guesstimate.

Go check Car and Driver for articles/comparisons on the 2010. They actually weigh the car vs. using the manufacturer's guesstimate.

Tag on the inside of the door reads 4700 lbs . Now, is that the weight with 4 passengers ? Is the C & D article online ?

Ok , found em .Camaro SS = 3850 lbs , SRT8 challenger = 4132 lbs Shelby = 3924 lbs . I think these are all Dry weight .

Here's the one I found:

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/original/application/c4ee1d4503694f04d9138a0549439c39.pdf

3897 lbs.

I would not assume that is dry weight as C&D actually puts a car on the 4 pad scales so I assume they don't drain all the fluids first. Maybe they subtract for gas just to make everything even-steven(?)

That said, unless otherwise noted, that weight is probably not including driver (or 175 lb plug number in lieu of driver).

I'm not familiar with the Mustang dyno so I'm not sure what weight they are looking to use. I would assume it is actual weight (car+fluids+driver) as it sits on the rollers(?)

Here's the one I found:

http://www.caranddri...a0549439c39.pdf

3897 lbs.

I would not assume that is dry weight as C&D actually puts a car on the 4 pad scales so I assume they don't drain all the fluids first. Maybe they subtract for gas just to make everything even-steven(?)

That said, unless otherwise noted, that weight is probably not including driver (or 175 lb plug number in lieu of driver).

I'm not familiar with the Mustang dyno so I'm not sure what weight they are looking to use. I would assume it is actual weight (car+fluids+driver) as it sits on the rollers(?)

3897lbs . Thats the weight for the 2011's

The 2011s are ~3790.

Acording to the Car and Driver site i'm looking at , it does say 3825 lbs . Now , i know thats not a lot of difference but , how much difference would that make to the HP #'s on a Mustang Dyno ? $49495 Mustang 2dr Cpe Shelby GT500

2-Door Rear Wheel Drive Car, 550 bhp, 510 lb-ft, 6-sp Manual, 14 (2010)/22 (2010) mpg

Curtain Air Bags Stability Control

bttn-next.gif 4 passengers, 3825 lb, 5.4-liter, supercharged, turbocharged, 8-cylinder engine, 6.9 lb/bhp

Archived