TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fog Light

One of my foglights stopped working. I tried to take it apart, but it seems hardwired in. I got the whole light out of the shell. Plus it appears that the whole glass light needs to be replaced (not just the bulb). Anyone have experience with this. Does the Ford dealer do this type work?

Where can I find a replacement fog light, and about how much $? It appears to be the bluish hue type of light (only the fog light - not headlights).

Thanks! Casey

TRY CALLING PIAA AT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 503-489-6666 OR VISIT WWW.PIAA.COM THAT WAS SHELBY DRIVING LAMPS ON THE 06 HERST AND YOU COULD

GET THEM INSTALLED ON THE 07 SHELBY GT WHILE IT WERE AT LAS VEGAS I REPLACED ONE ON MY GT PIAA REPLACED IT FOR FREE HOPE THIS HELPS

JIMMYD :slapfight: :jackinbox: :angry22:

Well, I am in Chicago, so Las Vegas is not an option (any time soon) :-)

I finally got my hands dirty and took it all apart. Took the lamp to my 12VDC supply and it lights up! Checked the wiring for 12V with my volt meter - no juice. Checked the fuses (both of them) and they are fine.

So I put it all back together for now. It is a mystery to me. Not the lamp - Not the fuse. One side works fine.

Anyone had this problem, and a solution? I love my fog lights and hate to go without them.

Casey

Well, I checked the voltage at the fog light connector, and it is just under 12VDC. I changed the fog light relay. I cleaned the terminals where the Hertz fog light pig tails into the GT fog light connector. I tried a new bulb (which also lights up on my 12VDC power supply). I checked all grounding. Everything should be working, but the darn light will not light up. The one on the other side is fine. The only thing I can think possible is that just under 12VDC is not enough???? I spent hours on this with no luck. Any ideas accepted and appreciated. Casey

Well, I checked the voltage at the fog light connector, and it is just under 12VDC. I changed the fog light relay. I cleaned the terminals where the Hertz fog light pig tails into the GT fog light connector. I tried a new bulb (which also lights up on my 12VDC power supply). I checked all grounding. Everything should be working, but the darn light will not light up. The one on the other side is fine. The only thing I can think possible is that just under 12VDC is not enough???? I spent hours on this with no luck. Any ideas accepted and appreciated. Casey

It is not unusual to have a break in the wiring that is not apparent, these kind of things can drive you crazy, have you considered runing new wire on that side only. Also are you absolutely positive you have a ground on the the side that does not work. Have you buffed the ends of the bulb lightly to make sure they are making good contact. Just some thoughts,,,,,,

GG

It is not unusual to have a break in the wiring that is not apparent, these kind of things can drive you crazy, have you considered runing new wire on that side only. Also are you absolutely positive you have a ground on the the side that does not work. Have you buffed the ends of the bulb lightly to make sure they are making good contact. Just some thoughts,,,,,,

GG

GG, your were dead on right. Where the connector for the GT fog light is connected to the GTH fog light, one of the wires was loose (and the inside connectors were somewhat corroded - I filed and cleaned them). The wires are inside a plastic shrink wrap, and one was loose in there. I have taped it up for the mean time. If I loose that light again, I will strip the wire and resolder it.

I am glad I finally figured this mystery out. Thanks! Casey