TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Power Passenger Seat and Heated Seat Conversion

F150 Duke

All,

I am starting to gather information about doing two interior changes that should have been from the factory with this car. The first is a power passenger seat bottom with OEM parts and the second is heated front seats using the OEM switches that fit in the blanks where they put the heated seat switches for the GT.

1. Power Passenger Seat: I'd really like to do the bottom and the seat back but so far can only find documentation on the seat bottom. I'll be leverage the hard work of the 07-09 GT500 owners.

Important Links:

a. Instructions on how to do the modification

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/93668-2005-mustang-power-passenger-seat-conversion.html

b. Instructions on how the steps in the above link need to be modified for the GT500. However, nobody has confirmed the 2010-2011 GT500 has the same wiring setup as the 07-09 GT500.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30870-problem-with-passenger-seat-upgrade-to-electric/page__p__472073entry472073

Parts Needed:

a. 7R3Z6361710A Passenger Power Seat Track - $522.26 on Tascaparts.com

Description: Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Track assy

Track assy Right - Power 2010

b. 9L3Z14A701A Passenger Power Seat Switch - (Superseded by 9L3Z14A701A) Cannot find one available on Tascaparts.com

Description: Electrical - Body electrical - Power seats - Switch

Switch, expedition, front seat, 6 way, from 9/15/08 2009 - 2010

c. 9L3Z14711AB Passenger Power Seat Switch Button - (Superseded by 9L3Z14711AB) $6.05 on Tascaparts.com

Description:Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Seat switch - Knob

Position Back - Power seat 2010

d. 7R3Z14A699DA Passenger Power Seat Wire Asy - $38.57

Description: Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Wire harness - W/heated seat

W/heated seat Right - Power 2008 - 2009

e. 7R3Z6362186BC Passenger Power Seat Shield (color Black).

Total = $566.87 + Cost for the power passenger seat switch which cannot be found + tax + shipping

2. Heated Front Seats Using the OEM Switches and Switch Positions.

I have yet to see any instructions, threads, part numbers, etc out there. However, I'm leaving this as a place holder to fill in while I'm doing research or if someone on here steps forward and says they've done it or know someone who has.

Threads I'm reading as research:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/214432-heated-seat-install.html

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/127085-fyi-aftermarket-heated-seat-massager-seat-kits-available.html

Parts:

a. Seat back heater Back

2010 - Ford - Mustang

Seats and tracks, Front seat components, Seat back heater, Seat back heater Back

$73.12 on tascaparts

b. Seat cushion htr Back

2010 - Ford - Mustang

Seats and tracks, Front seat components, Seat cushion htr, Seat cushion htr Back

$62.49 on tascaparts

Thanks again everyone!

All,

I am starting to gather information about doing two interior changes that should have been from the factory with this car. The first is a power passenger seat bottom with OEM parts and the second is heated front seats using the OEM switches that fit in the blanks where they put the heated seat switches for the GT.

1. Power Passenger Seat: I'd really like to do the bottom and the seat back but so far can only find documentation on the seat bottom. I'll be leverage the hard work of the 07-09 GT500 owners.

Important Links:

a. Instructions on how to do the modification

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/93668-2005-mustang-power-passenger-seat-conversion.html

b. Instructions on how the steps in the above link need to be modified for the GT500. However, nobody has confirmed the 2010-2011 GT500 has the same wiring setup as the 07-09 GT500.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30870-problem-with-passenger-seat-upgrade-to-electric/page__p__472073entry472073

Parts Needed:

a. 7R3Z6361710A Passenger Power Seat Track - $522.26 on Tascaparts.com

Description: Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Track assy

Track assy Right - Power 2010

b. 9L3Z14A701A Passenger Power Seat Switch - (Superseded by 9L3Z14A701A) Cannot find one available on Tascaparts.com

Description: Electrical - Body electrical - Power seats - Switch

Switch, expedition, front seat, 6 way, from 9/15/08 2009 - 2010

c. 9L3Z14711AB Passenger Power Seat Switch Button - (Superseded by 9L3Z14711AB) $6.05 on Tascaparts.com

Description:Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Seat switch - Knob

Position Back - Power seat 2010

d. 7R3Z14A699DA Passenger Power Seat Wire Asy - $38.57

Description: Seats and tracks - Tracks and components - Wire harness - W/heated seat

W/heated seat Right - Power 2008 - 2009

e. 7R3Z6362186BC Passenger Power Seat Shield (color Black).

Total = $566.87 + Cost for the power passenger seat switch which cannot be found + tax + shipping

2. Heated Front Seats Using the OEM Switches and Switch Positions.

I have yet to see any instructions, threads, part numbers, etc out there. However, I'm leaving this as a place holder to fill in while I'm doing research or if someone on here steps forward and says they've done it or know someone who has.

Threads I'm reading as research:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-talk/214432-heated-seat-install.html

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/127085-fyi-aftermarket-heated-seat-massager-seat-kits-available.html

Thanks again everyone!

Just curious, wil the seat covers fit over a heated seat if the car doesnt come with a heated seat??

Just curious, wil the seat covers fit over a heated seat if the car doesnt come with a heated seat??

That is what I'm wondering. I also wonder what the heat may do to the alcatar. I am having difficulty finding all the part numbers too so I may table this for a year and see if Ford offers it in the 2012 GT500. Then I'll have more comfort that it won't damage anything. The heat pads arn't that think but I still don't want to be the first.

Dealer just called me back. I was going to pay them to do the passenger power seat but the manager just nixed the deal because he was afraid if they pulled the seat and scratched something they'd be liable. I'll just order the parts and do it myself later.

• 2 months later...

It would be a million times easier if there was a coherent way to search for obscure parts. For example, to find instrument panel components, the proper category to search is "Body". Furthermore, to search the Ford parts catalog on fordparts.com, it's MUCH easer to supply a VIN based upon a vehicle with the features you want. Unfortunately, it doesn't yet support many 2011 Mustang VINs.

To add to matters, it's then necessary to figure-out which center stack configuration is in-use and then the appropriate switch groups, some of which are tied to the navigation and others that aren't. In any event, no part is shown, even in any of the available diagrams, that show the heated seat switch, let alone a part number. I've even tried using a 2010 GT Premium with Comfort Package to no avail.

As for fitment, heated seats are nothing but membranes beneath the seat cover. My only concern would be making either the leather or Alcantara more brittle over time, but I doubt it would be a major issue. If anyone has any further useful guidance, I too am eagerly following along with interest.

I can understand Ford using weight savings as a pretense to try to save a few dollars, but there's no excuse for halogen fog lamps, manual seats, or not offering heated seats on a $50K vehicle.

We discussed this concerning the 07-09s in some detail here.

My local Ford dealer would order the parts, of course, but would not do the conversion. Reason as I recall was that for safety/liability reasons dealers don't want to modify seats at all from the way the car comes from the factory [even when you'd think that just replacing an OEM manual with an OEM power seatrack would be OK]. So I took the parts & car to my local car-electronics (alarm, parking sensors, sound systems) shop, and they did it fine. You do need someone with car-wiring savvy to hook things like power seats and heaters to line-sources that can handle them safely & without blowing fuses.

Thanks for your work & research on this. I am about to get a 2011, and definitely want to do the same power-seat conversion [though not bothering with seat-heat]. The difference in comfort in the passenger seat when it has tilt capability is substantial [as you can see by testing both seats now for yourself].

Some of the parts for 2007 conversion are the same, but prices at our local Ford dealer certainly are not:

7R3Z6361710A Passenger Power Seat Track $769.00 ouch!

5F9Z14A701AA Passenger Power Seat Switch 47.68 (would this work on your 2011?)

5F9Z-14711-AAA Passenger Power Seat Switch Button 6.73

7R3Z14A699DA Passenger Power Seat Wire Asy 7.63

7R3Z6362186BC Passenger Power Seat Shield 50.87

Total before tax $881.91

We discussed this concerning the 07-09s in some detail here.

My local Ford dealer would order the parts, of course, but would not do the conversion. Reason as I recall was that for safety/liability reasons dealers don't want to modify seats at all from the way the car comes from the factory [even when you'd think that just replacing an OEM manual with an OEM power seatrack would be OK]. So I took the parts & car to my local car-electronics (alarm, parking sensors, sound systems) shop, and they did it fine. You do need someone with car-wiring savvy to hook things like power seats and heaters to line-sources that can handle them safely & without blowing fuses.

Thanks for your work & research on this. I am about to get a 2011, and definitely want to do the same power-seat conversion [though not bothering with seat-heat]. The difference in comfort in the passenger seat when it has tilt capability is substantial [as you can see by testing both seats now for yourself].

My dealer had absolutely no problem converting the passenger seat from manual to power.

• 2 months later...

test

I am working nights and got woke up by a stupid phone call from work so I know I'm in a crabby ass mood, but flipping through an older subject of interest to read the newest post on it and finding "test" is just plain annoying.

Archived