TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If the GT500 didn't exist, what would you buy?

TX STIG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd go with a new Mazda Miata MX-5 in silver with a retractable hardtop.

Is that a sports car or a muscle car LOL....

Used Aston Martin or Ferrari if I could find a good one for around 50K.... Challenger vert when it come outs with a more powerful engine...

Is that a sports car or a muscle car LOL....

Used Aston Martin or Ferrari if I could find a good one for around 50K.... Challenger vert when it come outs with a more powerful engine...

Having a '95 Miata now as a daily driver, I can assure you it is NOT a muscle car! It turns like a Ferrari, but goes straight like a turtle. :cry:

Having a '95 Miata now as a daily driver, I can assure you it is NOT a muscle car! It turns like a Ferrari, but goes straight like a turtle. :cry:

Buddy of mine in CA bought a used one and is beefing it up to track it. I hear there's a ton of guys who are tracking these as the handling dynamics straight out of the box are great. All you need is a bit more power....

Buddy of mine in CA bought a used one and is beefing it up to track it. I hear there's a ton of guys who are tracking these as the handling dynamics straight out of the box are great. All you need is a bit more power....

Yep, a guy at work has a turbo Miata that he tracks rather seriously. I have no doubt it will run away from a stock GT500 in a drag race, and don't even bother showing up to race it on a track.

What I got instead when the dealer shafted me on what was to be my 2007 GT500- Mercedes SLK55 AMG. 370hp 5.4l V8 hard top convertible. Nose heavy, yes- but so is/was the GT500.

Love the car getting 300+ to the wheels (with a torque curve like the GT500), but not a lot of mods for it. Love the sleeper aspect of it based on looks like the standard one- until you hear it.

Still always wanted a very hight performance Mustang like the GT500. Now it's in my sights and will own one shortly.

-Wingrider

1. 2011 Mustang GT Black or REd

If no Mustangs allowed

2. 2011 ZO6 Carbon Edition has the carbon ceramic brakes of the ZR-1 but keeps the 7 liter 427 of the ZO6 In the Inferno Orange I think it's called

3. Realistically a 06-07 C6 ZO6 they are getting easier to find for 45K or so with under 10,000 miles on the clock Black or Red

4. Lamborghini Gallardo Black or Orange

5. Carrera GT Black

Nissan GTR, in Silver.

Which was my 2nd choice when I bought my Shelby.

Third choice was a Kona Blue Roush 427R.

Phill

...Or an old school Mustang or Vette with all modern engineering and custom interior

I believe Derk with the Dallas Mavericks has a '60 something Mustang with a GT500 motor and dash. The muffler shop that did my work told me it was in there a couple weeks before me.

Either a Mustang GT or maybe a Stage 3 Roush

A new (2011) Mustang 5.0 would be VERY hard to pass up in the absense of a GT500.

Hell, I may end up buying a AT version so my wife can drive a 'his/her' car (She can't drive a stick).

My license plate: Tab A

Her license plate: Slot B

Phill

1) A second hand 427 AC COBRA (Superformance etc..)

2) '11 5.0.

3) Mazda Miata (V8 Monster Miata).

I seem to recall Jay Leno being asked which of his cars is the most fun to drive and his reply was the supercharged Mazda Miata.

Archived