TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If the GT500 didn't exist, what would you buy?

TX STIG

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the money, without-a-doubt, the Viper GTS. No American car can match the lines of that wonder. It has classic written all over it. It just looks "BAD." :redcard: And, it's in my price range.

( If it was in my price range, I'd go with the Ford GT.)

For me, that would be hard if Shelby seized to exist.

I would probably go with a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 or a 2003-2004 Mustang SVT Cobra.

If Mustang is not allowed in the question:

Possibly the Camaro, Corvette, Challenger, or Viper (Carroll is of coarse one of the founding fathers of this car may I also remind you).

Maybe the Viper mostly out of all of the choices for was I listed as a car if it was not a Mustang.

But remember what I said about Shelby and him contributing to the Viper.....................

:banvictory::shift:

dodge-viper-7.jpg

Saw a new ZR1 drive by today. God, it made me feel like I was in a Kia.

You could have 3 Shelbys for the price of ONE ZR-1

and then you'd have 1650 HP, 12 seats, and possibly a Vert too...

But to answer the question, probably an M3/M6 Vert or if money was no object a Ferrari F430 Spider.

But, the AMG Benz collection is quite attractive too, just not "MOD-Friendly"

I think it would have to be a Reproduction Shelby Cobra. Roush makes a really nice 351 Cleveland Boss that would sit real nice in it... That has always been, and still is, my favorite car of all time.

Now that I have logged a few miles on the Shelby........a Ferrari 360 or 430. The 360 was a go-cart and the 430 was more refined however, the Shelby is pure muscle and much more fun. Just my 2 cents.

R

If the GT500 didn't exist, I think I would have to walk, or get a bike. There is no other car with the road presence of a Shelby.

I don't even notice if a Corvette drives by.

I don't care if a Camaro drives by.

If a Challenger drives by I think "Yeah, but it could use a super charger!"

So unless I can find a Black 1975 Blown XB Coupe Interceptor somewhere in these parts, then I'm sticking with my Shelby!

I would have either kept my 03 Cobra or gotten a 2011 GT 5.0.

The only non-Ford that I would have even considdered would have been a C6 Z06, but even that would have been a stretch for me since I really wanted something with a back seat.

Archived