TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why The Shelby American Registry Is Such An Important Tool

A potential buyer of this Mustang contacted the SAI Registry today. He wanted to verify that it was a real Shelby, he thought it was because it had a Shelby American vin plate.

Look at the pics and then take a guess as what the answer to his question was.

Steve

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/1793856623.html

WAIT...could this be the long, lost, rumored First and Only PRE-TITLE Shelby Mustang built on a SN95 platform BEFORE Shelby American actually reopened for business in 1995??? If so, it's priceless!!! (Otherwise, it's WORTHLESS!!!)

A potential buyer of this Mustang contacted the SAI Registry today. He wanted to verify that it was a real Shelby, he thought it was because it had a Shelby American vin plate.

Steve

:doh:

This is a bad joke, right? :hysterical:

Wow, just WOW!! I had a guy come to my shop with a 66 t-code 6 cyl coupe with Shelby stripes and emblems saying it was a one off. It is hard to set people like that straight when they insist that they are right.....it is just amazing what the ignorant and/or misinformed WANT to believe is true. What bothers me the most is when someone pays a premium for something that was misrepresented as being something that it is not.

Alex

That's sooooooooo kool you guys, those side pipes are killer, what a chick magnet!

:confused:

To each his own!!

Going to be REALLY funny to find out this is a REAL Shelby!!!! (I sure hope not)

MM

Carroll was still with Chrysler in 1994 so no Shelby Mustang's from Ford could happen. Although I know MM wants this particular car in his showroom I would suggest you pass on it Michael. But then again you are in the South ;)

Steve

Steve

Now that's priceless! It's a "classic car" for sure!

Carroll was still with Chrysler in 1994 so no Shelby Mustang's from Ford could happen. Although I know MM wants this particular car in his showroom I would suggest you pass on it Michael. But then again you are in the South ;)

Steve

I will buy the little beauty and ship it to GA if Michael promises to keep it in his showroom for a year...LOL

That would be hilarious!! :hysterical:

Alex

I will buy the little beauty and ship it to GA if Michael promises to keep it in his showroom for a year...LOL

That would be hilarious!! :hysterical:

Alex

Im OUT!!!

As good looking as that car is we couldnt keep it on the showroom for a year! Folks down here would want to drive it ALL the time!

MM

Im OUT!!!

As good looking as that car is we couldnt keep it on the showroom for a year! Folks down here would want to drive it ALL the time!

MM

LOL...yeah, I guess that would be true....

Someone is going to get a one of a kind ( thank God!! ) little beauty...I still think It's wnating to hang out in your showroom.... :happy feet:

Alex

How could he have been smart enough to call SAI about the car but dumb enough to even bother after taking one look at it?

I'm not sure why, It just happens. I took another call the other day from a person that just purchased what he was told was a 1972 Shelby Mustang and he wanted to know if it was real or a clone.

Like the one in this thread the buyer thought it was real because it had a Shelby American vin tag riveted to the car. I had to inform him that it was not real and that it couldn't even be considered a clone since there were no 1972 Shelby Mustangs.

Steve

Archived