TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500

robertlane

My SVT certificate states "LIMITED PRODUCTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That proves it??????????????????????????? :hysterical:

It is limited ..... limited to as many as they can sell for as many years as it is profitable :hysterical:

It is limited ..... limited to as many as they can sell for as many years as it is profitable :hysterical:

Too true, reality is that every car ever produced has been a limited edition! B)

Too true, reality is that every car ever produced has been a limited edition! B)

A few days ago I went on a rant about 'Limited Edition GT500's' Boy-o-boy, did I swat the hornets nest! SORRY!

I am thinking that in this day and age when EVERYTHING seems to be worth 'collecting' eg...Coke products, comic books, Nolan Ryan rookie cards, etc... we all seem to get caught up in that crap! Myself not withstanding. I guess I was off-base trying to say that the GT500 should remain a collectible 'low production' time piece? My only problem with this philosophy, is finding the happy medium between a 'zillion' production Honda Accord, for example for the masses, and keeping some production cars somewhat exclusive? Enter the GT500 , the SGT, the GT350, the Terlingua. I realize it's somewhat like saying , "after I get mine, I want production to end"! One thing, I have to keep in mind, is that our beloved company DIDN'T take a dime from the gubment...maybe they have making a living and a buck completely figured out?

Getting back to the start of this thread...finally...The 2013 Shelby GT500... I will embrace the continued production of the car, although I cannot seem to accept the redesigned hined end! Lol! I guess, I should continue to keep in mind something my wife constantly reminds me. That is, that "Your Car" is exclusive and low production, as cars go. Drive it, take better care of it than your Exploder, and enjoy it like there ain't no tomorrow!! And, just be happy that Mr. Shelby partnered with Ford one last time while you both were alive, and had the chance to own one.

Damn wives...I hate when they're right!

A few days ago I went on a rant about 'Limited Edition GT500's' Boy-o-boy, did I swat the hornets nest! SORRY!

I am thinking that in this day and age when EVERYTHING seems to be worth 'collecting' eg...Coke products, comic books, Nolan Ryan rookie cards, etc... we all seem to get caught up in that crap! Myself not withstanding. I guess I was off-base trying to say that the GT500 should remain a collectible 'low production' time piece? My only problem with this philosophy, is finding the happy medium between a 'zillion' production Honda Accord, for example for the masses, and keeping some production cars somewhat exclusive? Enter the GT500 , the SGT, the GT350, the Terlingua. I realize it's somewhat like saying , "after I get mine, I want production to end"! One thing, I have to keep in mind, is that our beloved company DIDN'T take a dime from the gubment...maybe they have making a living and a buck completely figured out?

Getting back to the start of this thread...finally...The 2013 Shelby GT500... I will embrace the continued production of the car, although I cannot seem to accept the redesigned hined end! Lol! I guess, I should continue to keep in mind something my wife constantly reminds me. That is, that "Your Car" is exclusive and low production, as cars go. Drive it, take better care of it than your Exploder, and enjoy it like there ain't no tomorrow!! And, just be happy that Mr. Shelby partnered with Ford one last time while you both were alive, and had the chance to own one.

Damn wives...I hate when they're right!

Not cought up on the production issues, and your wife has some good words of wisdom.

Bottom line is if you want something no one else is getting, look at buying a Prudhomme, or heck, even Terlinguas are rare and extremely reasonable for pricing. I would expect to see the new V6 powering new bunnies very soon! :shift:

You forgot the CS6 / CS8 cars...only 16 CS6's and 8 CS8's are on the registry. As rare as my CS6 vert is (only know of one other) it still gets driven, granted not voluntarily in the rain and it always gets cleaned after each outing but it does get driven...after all I have to enjoy using it.

1) Luft: "The expanded marketing allows us to reach people who, due to economics or their own desire, only want a six-cylinder Mustang. We're going to have performance and styling parts that you can put on your Mustang to give it a certain Shelby style. The idea is that not everyone can afford a Shelby but your passion for Shelby can live in your Mustang, no matter what model it is."

Heh, this is going to create problems. I'm already uncertain as to what a true Shelby these days. Afterall, why send your Mustang to be converted into a Terlingua or GT350, when you can buy all the parts from SA separately? Good grief.

2) Luft: "The Foundation is truly Carroll's legacy. When Carroll Shelby goes to that racetrack in the sky, there is a succession plan in place that will keep these companies operating. Ferrari didn't fold up their tent and go away when Enso died. The keeper of the brand through generations to come will be the Foundation."

I don't care what anyone says; once Carroll Shelby passes on, the true authenticity of the Shelby car goes with him.

Bottom line is if you want something no one else is getting, look at buying a Prudhomme, or heck, even Terlinguas are rare and extremely reasonable for pricing. I would expect to see the new V6 powering new bunnies very soon! :shift:

A Terlingua with the new V-6 is going to be one nasty car!

I just hadda jump in here. As a buyer of new: 1984 20th Anniversary convertible, 1993 Cobra, 1994 Cobra Pace Car Convertible, 1996 Cobra Convertible and now a 2011 GT500 Convertible.................................There is no such thing as a good investment on a car. Think about the fees for storage, insurance, the deterioriation etc that will happen over time. And....................back in 1965 absolutely everyone that bought a Mustang GT350 bought it to drive the snot out of it. In 20 years these guys will be coming out of the woodwork with their perfectly preserved 2007 GT500 and guess what.........................everyone will say ..............oh, that was just the 500 hp model which was eclipsed by the 540 hp model which was eclipsed by the 550 hp model which will be made redundant by ??????? Bottom line is, buy 'em to drive. Modify them if you like, but just don't think that they are going to appreciate so much in value that you will make your retirement fortune.

If you like going to car shows and taking the 'wrapper queen' out for a peek at the sunshine that might just be your cup of tea, but personally I like watching cars in motion. Case in point......................look at the picture attached. That's me....................dicing it up with one of the new supercharged GT350's. Let's just say that he never passed me. That was when my car had the stock brakes.............I'm now upgraded with the 14" Baer Extreme plus which is what the GT350 had on it.

I'm ready to do it again.

post-28874-127767558275_thumb.jpg

BTW: While I was on a rant I forgot. Limited production these days means to Ford, just how many gas sucking vehicles they can build compared to how many gas sipping econo-boxes they can sell so that the standards numbers come out right for the Gov't.

look at the picture attached. That's me....................dicing it up with one of the new supercharged GT350's.

Look at the guy driving the GT350 he has his hand outside the car while on the track. Either thats a parade lap or he doesn't like to follow the track rules or else he thinks he's Cool Hand Luke. hysterical.gif

Your car's a beauty, randymarble, and according to my lights, you are treating it right.

For any given car, its value is what amount of dollars you can sell it for, or what feelings it gives you, and your memory and valuation of those sensations. I'm a collector of way too much stuff, including some models, some books, some photographs, but mostly of those sensory impressions and the memories of the events experienced in acquiring them. Those do not depreciate with time or use, and are always available for my enjoyment and for sharing with others who are likely to appreciate them.

"Vehicles" are just for getting your body from one place to another. In my view, "cars" are for making you feel the way you like to feel; no matter how new or old or "exclusive" they are, how expensive or cheap they are, no matter whether or not anyone agrees with your choices, they will be giving you more than they cost, and no matter how old and used you or they become, they belong to you and define a significant portion of your important inner life.

Screw everything else about cars, I say.

Funny you bring this up Robert, I had this exact conversation with Mr. Luft in Tulsa the other morning. There were also some other things he brought up that lets just say I have already asked to get one of since the build will be quite limited! :happy feet:

Can you tell us if this will be a mustang based vehicle, or something else all together..??

thanks..Greg

doh.gif I don't understand why some of you crybabies are whining about the GT500 not being too "limited" for your taste but consider that Ford sells about 160,000 Mustangs a year lately and only 8-9000 GT500's. Please stop the whining.

I look forward to seeing the new 2013 Ford SVT Shelby GT500!! happy%20feet.gif

I am glad to see some discussion on the "LIMITED BUILD" of our beloved 500's!! I am sorry...I love my car, don't get me wrong. However just last month I FINALLY decided to drive it with a whopping 3 year stored 3200 miles on it, due to the fact that looking at it sit in the garage all these years knowing full well they, (Fomoco) built way too many is just ridiculous!

I ordered white / blue stripes for not only heritage reasons for my personal eye candy, but also thought full well if the car was to be "LIMITED", as Ford called it, that would be the color to have 20 years down the road as a garage queen? I was not trying to get rich...that's ridiculous too. I just thought that Ford and CS finally built a retro looking car that I could afford and enjoy for many years to come and get all of my $$$ back someday.

Frankly, after talking to Marcello at SilverHorse Racing a few months back about Mustangs and the GT500 specifically, he pushed me off the fence, with "just modify the car to your liking, and drive it"! Then my neighbor and I , (who drives a Z06), were talking and he said that I was just preserving the car for another fool years down the road that would probably go out and undo all of the fussy preservation. I know of three individuals personally, that are saving '07 GT500's 'in the wrapper'. One of which is a white/blue stripe coupe like mine for the same reason I originally ordered mine, and one who has a Grabber Orange car he thought would be a low production qty.

I digress...sorry! But, as it relates to '12 and '13 models, this is just getting ridiculous now. Not to mention pricing on these cars. The average guy , who frankly is the American muscle enthusiast to begin with, cannot afford these cars today. I know, there is still the regular Mustang GT, that's not too shabby in '11 with 412 hp. for average Joe, but the true enthusiast on a blue collar salary , with a couple of kids, is forced into just driving a GT.

I would have frankly liked to see Ford keep the 07-09 body style (specifically an unchanged rear-end!) and do a mass production Mach I again, or a BOSS car for the masses. All the while preserving the truly heritage 'low production #'s' of the GT500. Is anyone else on board with my line of thinking???

Sorry for the rant!

Bikeboy

Sorry guy, but I have to disagree with you for multiple reasons.

First, it is just like comics, toys, baseball cards, etc. If you bought it to put it on a shelf or in a box then you compeltely missed the point to begin with. If all Shelby or Ford wanted to do was build a museum piece then all they really needed to do was build 1. Sell it for a ton of money and move on with their lives. Then it would be "ultra low production". They could have sold it for an insane profit, and some overly rich fool would have it stored in an oversized closet. These things were meant to be enjoyed!!! Shelby wants to build cars that people love to drive and makes people who drive something else feel foolish when they get passed on the road.

Second, there is still a sense of a limited build because of the style and engineering changes. So, don't be mad when the new cars don't look like yours, especially if the new look is less desirable. That is what makes your car still special.

Third, it is because of the first year "garage queens", two things have already happened. The value of the car is low because there are so many in wrapper fresh condition, and the problems associated with the engineering of the cars was brushed away because there has not been eonugh of them driven like a regular car to even know if there were mechanical issues, much less force a recall on known problems.

Fourth, with regards to price, it is the limited production that you state that you desire that leads to inflated costs to begin with. Yes, the companies need to make a profit, and we want them to make a profit, but limited production makes this car cost more than the parts the car is made from. Remember most '07 GT500 sold for 10 to 20,000 over sticker because people wanted them in their garage so bad that the market could cover it. Not to mention with the 2011 models at least the 50,000 + price tag also has more product for the price. The only people that should have a problem with it are the ones that overpaid to begin with, and the problem should not be with more cars being built, but instead with their lack of restraint when it came to feeling like they had to have any car for a price that even the builder did not ask or suggest it to be sold for.

Last, at least now you might get a chance to really enjoy the car for all it is worth. Drive the hell out of it. Smile big when people fall out of their cars trying to take pictures or just look at it. Find that "roan in Mexico" where you get the chance to make someone look like a fool for paying even more for a car that you can still out perform. And, pick up your drool when you park it back in your garage with the knowledge that you get to do it all over again the next time you leave the house.

Sorry guy, but I have to disagree with you for multiple reasons.

First, it is just like comics, toys, baseball cards, etc. If you bought it to put it on a shelf or in a box then you compeltely missed the point to begin with. If all Shelby or Ford wanted to do was build a museum piece then all they really needed to do was build 1. Sell it for a ton of money and move on with their lives. Then it would be "ultra low production". They could have sold it for an insane profit, and some overly rich fool would have it stored in an oversized closet. These things were meant to be enjoyed!!! Shelby wants to build cars that people love to drive and makes people who drive something else feel foolish when they get passed on the road.

Second, there is still a sense of a limited build because of the style and engineering changes. So, don't be mad when the new cars don't look like yours, especially if the new look is less desirable. That is what makes your car still special.

Third, it is because of the first year "garage queens", two things have already happened. The value of the car is low because there are so many in wrapper fresh condition, and the problems associated with the engineering of the cars was brushed away because there has not been eonugh of them driven like a regular car to even know if there were mechanical issues, much less force a recall on known problems.

Fourth, with regards to price, it is the limited production that you state that you desire that leads to inflated costs to begin with. Yes, the companies need to make a profit, and we want them to make a profit, but limited production makes this car cost more than the parts the car is made from. Remember most '07 GT500 sold for 10 to 20,000 over sticker because people wanted them in their garage so bad that the market could cover it. Not to mention with the 2011 models at least the 50,000 + price tag also has more product for the price. The only people that should have a problem with it are the ones that overpaid to begin with, and the problem should not be with more cars being built, but instead with their lack of restraint when it came to feeling like they had to have any car for a price that even the builder did not ask or suggest it to be sold for.

Last, at least now you might get a chance to really enjoy the car for all it is worth. Drive the hell out of it. Smile big when people fall out of their cars trying to take pictures or just look at it. Find that "roan in Mexico" where you get the chance to make someone look like a fool for paying even more for a car that you can still out perform. And, pick up your drool when you park it back in your garage with the knowledge that you get to do it all over again the next time you leave the house.

Wow texaggie, I feel as if I've just been 'bitch-slapped' ! Thanks for that...seriously. You bring up very good points.

I'm guessing we should all be greatful that KBB still shows no value for the GT500. That pretty much says it all??? Even they aren't sure what to make of it. Meanwhile, yes, I have been driving the car like I stole it!

Bikeboy

You forgot the CS6 / CS8 cars...only 16 CS6's and 8 CS8's are on the registry. As rare as my CS6 vert is (only know of one other) it still gets driven, granted not voluntarily in the rain and it always gets cleaned after each outing but it does get driven...after all I have to enjoy using it.

Hey UKPONY...Happy Canada Day!

Yesterday, on CD, my wife and I went to a Golden Horshoe Mustang Club show in Oakville, ON. We saw a white CS6 Vert!!! Is that the other one you know of? It was an Automatic? I`m admittedly ignorant to what they were built with...so I was unaware if it was altered beyond S.A.I. It did look pretty sweet though, and the guy had a HUGE crowd around it to be sure.

Interestingly enough, the show was DOMINATED with GT500`s. I had no idea there were that many up here, as I am a US citizen living in Oakville for a couple year stint...(Job transfer). I overheard lots of comments from onlookers, as to `what is this car`???

Now THAT is ``Limited Production``! Lol!

Bikeboy

• 10 months later...

thats great...........i still remember in 2006, " the Shelby GT500 will be a 2 year/maybe 3 year production run ".........yeah right Ford.............Z06\ZR1 is my next toy.......still keeping the Shelby but lesson learned.

Yeah! Because God know you dont see those cars everyday! :hysterical:

Hey UKPONY...Happy Canada Day!

Yesterday, on CD, my wife and I went to a Golden Horshoe Mustang Club show in Oakville, ON. We saw a white CS6 Vert!!! Is that the other one you know of? It was an Automatic? I`m admittedly ignorant to what they were built with...so I was unaware if it was altered beyond S.A.I. It did look pretty sweet though, and the guy had a HUGE crowd around it to be sure.

Interestingly enough, the show was DOMINATED with GT500`s. I had no idea there were that many up here, as I am a US citizen living in Oakville for a couple year stint...(Job transfer). I overheard lots of comments from onlookers, as to `what is this car`???

Now THAT is ``Limited Production``! Lol!

Bikeboy

Yup...that was mine you saw..I think we had this chat before...lol

It is a full turn II supercharged car and registered with SAI.

I believe it is one of the only year specific (2006) vehicles ever assembled as the original Sema car was based on a 2006.

It is also one of two verts, Steve (UKPONY) having the other one.

If I take them both to a show (CS6 & GT-500) the CS6 is usually the attention getter.

Most just have a lot of questions but the compliments are rampant..

• 2 months later...

I know a few that wished they knew BEFORE the deadline to order... :poke:

I saw, in person, 2012 GT350, performance white at the Mustang Show in Myrtle Beach. It was the only one there. I was not as impressed with it in person as the photos that I have seen. I think a triple-black GT500 or SS is much nicer. Also, the Lava Red, Roush RS3 with black stripes is dynamite!

I saw, in person, 2012 GT350, performance white at the Mustang Show in Myrtle Beach. It was the only one there. I was not as impressed with it in person as the photos that I have seen. I think a triple-black GT500 or SS is much nicer. Also, the Lava Red, Roush RS3 with black stripes is dynamite!

Since it’s late in the season, I am going to wait to see what both Shelby and Roush have in-store. I need something to compliment by 2008 Bullitt!

Archived