TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Rear End Whine

I have an 11 with 1200 miles on it an the rear end is starting to whine and groan after about 10-15 minuites of driving just enough to get the oil hot and it starts to whine when makeing on-ramp degree turns no matter what speed. I have been in the parking lot to see where the noise was comming from when I first heard it and on the way home realized it was still making the nois at higher speed also I don't know if the 10's did this as well or not but mine has continued to make the noise at over 40. The shop I trust can't get me in till next monday and I have a 1300 mile trip I have to take the car on to San Antonio tomarrow. Its pretty much a straight shot from here to SA no turning. Any tips from the 2010 owner's that had this problem, will it make it? How long did you wait to take it in? I am going to call around to Ford racing and Shelby America but not sure if I will get a straight anwser.

Thanks

I have an 11 with 1200 miles on it an the rear end is starting to whine and groan after about 10-15 minuites of driving just enough to get the oil hot and it starts to whine when makeing on-ramp degree turns no matter what speed. I have been in the parking lot to see where the noise was comming from when I first heard it and on the way home realized it was still making the nois at higher speed also I don't know if the 10's did this as well or not but mine has continued to make the noise at over 40. The shop I trust can't get me in till next monday and I have a 1300 mile trip I have to take the car on to San Antonio tomarrow. Its pretty much a straight shot from here to SA no turning. Any tips from the 2010 owner's that had this problem, will it make it? How long did you wait to take it in? I am going to call around to Ford racing and Shelby America but not sure if I will get a straight anwser.

Thanks

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56687-low-pitched-whine-or-groan-during-slow-90-degree-turns/

Thanks

Don't know if this could be the cause but it says to "Replace the rear axle lubricant after the first hour of high-speed operation or if the vehicle is subjected to competition conditions and every 12 hours thereafter" in the supplemental.

Also some interesting notes on the tires for those of you with the SVT package considering other tires.

Archived