TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2011 Shelby GT500 Purchased Today!

F150 Duke

All,

I am so happy I cannot even focus, so hopefully this post will help and I can get back to getting my work done (luckily no meetings this afternoon). I have just purchased a 2011 GT500 in Grabber Blue with the electronics package from a dealership in Newton, Iowa for $569 over the dealer invoice. The car was a special order they had that fell through and is currently sitting on the showroom floor for the past two weeks. While it doesn't have the car cover that I wanted as part of the build, the dealer has one on order and will provide it at cost ($326). I will be driving down to pickup the car on Monday and will have personal pictures then. I decided to go with this as the savings against a 2010 GT500 built to my spec locally had a questionable history (multiple buyers but not titled), was not as significant when the Iowa dealer came down so low in price. ($2k in savings as the 2010 dealer wanted $46k) I also didn't want to wait for the $5k rebate that while has credible sources, is not "offical" yet.

I want to thank EVERYONE on this forum for your guidance, listening and therapy over the past year as I've watched and waited for the right time. I especially want to thank Grabber for the phone calls and IMs back and forth. I feel like I've made a great friend even though we've never met face to face. I also want to thank Blue, who deserves everyone's thanks for all the work he's done on creating such an accurate database to tell us about our cars or the cars we are looking to buy. By the way Blue, I'm officially 1ZVBP8JS0B5110861 now! :dance:

The only thing I see missing in the 2011 is a passenger side power seat, heated seats and a backup camera. Fortunately I'm good at those things and will be looking into the passenger's seat upgrade that several have already done. Though the heated seats may have to wait indefinitely. I'm keeping tabs on another thread regarding the backup camera to see if another member on here was able to get it working with the touchscreen navigation. I hope he does and is able to reply back to the thread from April. In the mean time I'm going to try and find that thread again on the power seat so I know what parts to order as the dealer will do that at cost for me.

Thank you again!

Jason

Medium_294AD832-95A2-32CC-FBDC-4C846F5FD8DA.jpg

All,

I am so happy I cannot even focus, so hopefully this post will help and I can get back to getting my work done (luckily no meetings this afternoon). I have just purchased a 2011 GT500 in Grabber Blue with the electronics package from a dealership in Newton, Iowa for $569 over the dealer invoice. The car was a special order they had that fell through and is currently sitting on the showroom floor for the past two weeks. While it doesn't have the car cover that I wanted as part of the build, the dealer has one on order and will provide it at cost ($326). I will be driving down to pickup the car on Monday and will have personal pictures then. I decided to go with this as the savings against a 2010 GT500 built to my spec locally had a questionable history (multiple buyers but not titled), was not as significant when the Iowa dealer came down so low in price. ($2k in savings as the 2010 dealer wanted $46k) I also didn't want to wait for the $5k rebate that while has credible sources, is not "offical" yet.

I want to thank EVERYONE on this forum for your guidance, listening and therapy over the past year as I've watched and waited for the right time. I especially want to thank Grabber for the phone calls and IMs back and forth. I feel like I've made a great friend even though we've never met face to face. I also want to thank Blue, who deserves everyone's thanks for all the work he's done on creating such an accurate database to tell us about our cars or the cars we are looking to buy. By the way Blue, I'm officially 1ZVBP8JS0B5110861 now! :dance:

The only thing I see missing in the 2011 is a passenger side power seat, heated seats and a backup camera. Fortunately I'm good at those things and will be looking into the passenger's seat upgrade that several have already done. Though the heated seats may have to wait indefinitely. I'm keeping tabs on another thread regarding the backup camera to see if another member on here was able to get it working with the touchscreen navigation. I hope he does and is able to reply back to the thread from April. In the mean time I'm going to try and find that thread again on the power seat so I know what parts to order as the dealer will do that at cost for me.

Thank you again!

Jason

Congrats on Grabber Mustang! Is that the picture of 2010 you were going to get?

All,

Thank you again!

Jason

Congrats on Grabber Mustang! Is that the picture of 2010 you were going to get?

No, I tried to link the picture but I guess I'll have to read up on how to do that the right way. It's the 2011 I just bought. Here is a picture of the engine.

Full-Size_779AB5B1-7FFB-67CD-E4BB-52649C0624B0.jpg

congrats, the 2010 you were looking at had a bit of a shady history. Cant get much closer to what you wanted, I have the car cover with mine and honestly its not that great but it came with the car, its in the attic along with the top boot and locking lug nuts :)

congrats, the 2010 you were looking at had a bit of a shady history. Cant get much closer to what you wanted, I have the car cover with mine and honestly its not that great but it came with the car, its in the attic along with the top boot and locking lug nuts :)

Yeah I'll probably keep it in the trunk and use it when we stay overnight at the in-laws or my parents. It'll be in their garage but I'll still want to put the cover on it. I cannot wait to see my father in-laws face when I ask him to back his Altima out of the garage so we can put the GT500 in there overnight.

Nothing like falling into a "good deal". Personally, I not spend the money a back-up camera (its not an Excursion or Expedition) or passenger power seats (how many different passengers are you taking, and do they really need to move the seat every time?) and put those to more useful endeavors (of course, that just my opinion, and we all know about opinions).

The heated seats are an easy upgrade (done it myself) and you can find the thread regarding that) go to www.heatedseatkits.com for the best ones

Good on you though for hooking that deal...

Way to go DUKE! You did well and the patience paid off. Love the color too, that would have been my second choice along with black and grabber.

Check into a product called a "Lock Pick." It's an interface device that plugs into the factory Sync/Nav system and allows you to do all sorts of great things with it. It gives you plug and play back up camera ability (along with a second camera hook up for a "chase" or baby cam), allows you to access all of the systems services even when driving like DVD videos, Navigation alterations, etc.... It's a nifty looking little gadget and isn't priced all that bad from what I've seen.

Good luck with everything man and keep us updated on how everything goes.

Thanks guys! I'll let you know how the picking up goes and I'm sure I'll have some pickup pictures ready for you then.

I'll look into the "Lock Pick" threads. That will probably be the thing to do when I'm installing the camera.. I'm still looking for the passenger's seat thread and will post it when I find it. I wonder if you can get those heated seats to work with the OEM button. Now that would be cool. Does anyone know if the heat does anything to the alcatar?

Jason,

Congrats on joining the "Grabber" club !!! :hysterical:

I'm happy for you. This has been a long haul for you. Hold on just a little bit longer and the fun will begin.

I'm looking forward to your arrival pic's.

Rob

Archived