TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Round 1: Perfomance Mods, advice is appreciated

jsarkis

Time for some perfomance goodies, This is a 2010 GT500 street car only, any feedback is appreciated:

-Revan / Shelby HE & Stock look a-like Expansion Resevoir

-Steeda Adj. UCA (with stepped spacers), LCA

-New Street Tire Rubber (Still deciding which)

Edited by jsarkis

Time for some perfomance goodies, This is a street car 99.9% of the time, any feedback is appreciated:

-Steeda Upgraded HE & Stock look a-like Expansion Resevoir

-Steeda Adj. UCA (with stepped spacers), LCA (welded in)

-Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter

-Cold Spark Plugs

-Steeda 2.7" Upper Pulley & Tensioner, Dyno Test

-SCT XCAL III

-Custom Tune

-New Soft Rubber (Still deciding which)

*Return pulley & custom tune to stock = $175-$200.00

-All work to be completed probably by the best mod shop locally: Fastlane

Knowing what car you are seeking advice on is usually helpful ( =

Is this a '10/11 Shelby or something else?

I can't imagine putting a Steeda shifter in my '11. It doesn't get shorter than it is right now.

Knowing what car you are seeking advice on is usually helpful ( =

Is this a '10/11 Shelby or something else?

I can't imagine putting a Steeda shifter in my '11. It doesn't get shorter than it is right now.

2010 Gt500, supposedly about 30-40% shorter, with stops, much more precise, basically no side/side wiggle/flex. Mostly makes a difference under wot shifting.

Edited by jsarkis

2010 Gt500, supposedly about 30-40% shorter, with stops, much more precise, basically no side/side wiggle/flex. Mostly makes a difference under wot shifting.

I wouldn't bother with the shifter, and do not use shifter stops with these transmissions. They have an internal stop that works just fine. The shifter stops can interfere and prevent proper gear engagement. If you are still dead set on a shifter then look at the MGW shifter which is due out very soon. I would also recommend the Roush UCA if this is going to primarily be a street car. Cuts out the wheel hop without increased NVH.

I wouldn't bother with the shifter, and do not use shifter stops with these transmissions. They have an internal stop that works just fine. The shifter stops can interfere and prevent proper gear engagement. If you are still dead set on a shifter then look at the MGW shifter which is due out very soon. I would also recommend the Roush UCA if this is going to primarily be a street car. Cuts out the wheel hop without increased NVH.

Everyone raves about the upgrade of the shifter, and I hope it can get slightly better performance under wot. The guys at the mod shop told me they need to adjust the pinion angle from stock, so get the adj. upper.

Edited by jsarkis

Everyone raves about the upgrade of the shifter, and I hope it can get slightly better performance under wot. The guys at the mod shop told me they need to adjust the pinion angle from stock, so get the adj. upper.

Are you lowering the car or going to a single piece driveshaft?

Are you lowering the car or going to a single piece driveshaft?

Not going to lower it now, slight chance in the future. I will be getting a 1 piece ds in the future. Not going with the pulley either and tune at this point, while under warranty. Only going to be on the street anyhow.

Edited by jsarkis