TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07s B2B warranty ending

glroy

The last 3 year B2B warranty job was completed today. To me it is like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. I will never have to see another Ford service writer from my town again!!

Over the past 2.5 years I have made 2 warranty claims

#1 the TSB the dealer messed it up and then I was told several stories as to why it was not done right. Not one of the stories held water and one employee would say one thing then another would say something else. There was never an apology for the screw up.

# 2 the radio replacement it took three tries to get it close to right. in the end I ended up with the newest and greatest shaker 500 replacement for my shaker 1000. More fairy tale stories and in the end no apology.

I only can hope that I do not have a power train failure in the next two years, I never want to talk to another ford service writer in my town again. I will keep my fingers crossed on the power train and be happy I am done with Ford service happy%20feet.gif

I know there are good people who care and take pride in there work, just not in my town. I have only found one shop that treats me well and does good work, problem is that he is 2000 miles away. Thanks Alex; I am lucky to find someone who takes pride in his work and treats people with respect.

IMHO warranty=yea I guess we have to fix it maybe, you get what you pay for

Glen

I'm hoping that the SPEC Super Twin clutch set I just ordered to replace my slipping stock clutch won't void my power train warranty, but it probably will. I chose the SPEC, because I lost faith in the OEM clutch (and therefore the new OEM clutches which have not had time to prove themselves). There's no reason I should have to replace the clutch on my car at 25K miles. I have not abused it.

My CAI and tune certainly voids the power train warranty, but that's easier to revert to stock if I have to take it in.

I know the controller at the dealer here in town (he is a patient of mine who got me hooked up with my car in the first place back when the GT500s were not even out and waiting lists were looooooong), so hopefully that will help with any warranty work I may need.

My B2B warranty expired last September. I can't believe I've had my car for almost four years already! :shift:

Mine was just in for the TSB LCAs and a squeaky driver side mirror. B2B ends 6/30 for me. I thought the power train was 5/60 but can someone verify?

I've gotten my ADM back in warranty parts:

2 clutch TSBs

1 new tranny

2 alternators (presumably spun too fast on road course)

1 rad fan

2 front LCAs with ball joints and hydro bushings (probably was pushing the life on the stockers from the road course anyway)

2 console rattles behind the stereo (probably due to heim joints and poly bushings?)

1 new driver side mirror

1 set front bumper stripes (started coming loose at seam)

I'm hoping that the SPEC Super Twin clutch set I just ordered to replace my slipping stock clutch won't void my power train warranty, but it probably will. I chose the SPEC, because I lost faith in the OEM clutch (and therefore the new OEM clutches which have not had time to prove themselves). There's no reason I should have to replace the clutch on my car at 25K miles. I have not abused it.

I'd be tickled pink getting 25k miles / 4 years out of a 500+ rwhp perfomance car.

I'd be tickled pink getting 25k miles / 4 years out of a 500+ rwhp perfomance car.

Depends on how you drive it. If you just drive spirited now and then I'd hope it would last longer. If you track it multiple times a year then you are pretty lucky to get 25k out of it.

ame='jsarkis' date='17 June 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1276801872' post='988101']

Depends on how you drive it. If you just drive spirited now and then I'd hope it would last longer. If you track it multiple times a year then you are pretty lucky to get 25k out of it.

I hear you about how you drive it. All the people I know don't get near that in our perfomance cars, regardless of make/model and we rarely track our cars. My friends & I have been fortunate to have a couple good places we can mark off and have our fun, safely over the last 20 years. Mostly roll starts and street tires, the rest is all over the board. My buddy's 2010 z06 just wore his clutch at 6k miles, never tracked only a stage 1 w/ long tubes. It's the abuse and the heat from these powerful cars, yada yada... But it just wouldn't be the same imo having these types of cars as an automatic...not much fun.

My warranty expired last month. My black beauty has not had any issues so its never been to the dealer. I've always bought the oil and filter from the dealer parts department and had a fellow GT500 owner who owns an automotive shop do the oil changes.

Aside from the flywheel/clutch issues that others have experienced, this car has been amazing.

Archived