TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Fuse Box Covers

Dear Shelby American

Thanks for the addition of the brake master cylinder cap and the sill plates (when they are ready).

Can I ask you to consider also a KR version of the fuse box cover. There is quite a large area of black plastic which may well have an appealing look if replaced by a satin aluminium KR cover ?

Kind Regards

Alex

Dear Robert and Sharon,

Thanks once again for your prompt responses, as you can see some of the other KR owners would be interested (thanks guys for your expressions of interest) and I'm glad to see you are once again positively enhancing the ownership experience.

I do look forward to hearing more about the fuse cover.

With Kind Regards

Alex

Yeah, keep the KR exclusive stuff coming. I want more stuff for my KR.

+ 1 :happy feet:

It's really sturdy - a nice piece.

We're deciding on final art work as there are four different GT500KR logos.

I think we're about 6-weeks out.

Hey Robert,

How about letting us see the art work and help you decide on which one to go with, I am up for any one of them with the tiffany cobra and GT500KR on it.

Thanks Tim

Hey Robert,

How about letting us see the art work and help you decide on which one to go with, I am up for any one of them with the tiffany cobra and GT500KR on it.

Thanks Tim

That would be nice, if we could see it before production. I think it should look similar to the engine cap set. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any word on when these will be ready for sale?? I can't wait!! :drool:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Shelby GT Convertible, Vista blue with silver stripes, 5 speed

CSM#08SGT1266

2009 Shelby GT500KR, Vista Blue with silver stripes, 6 speed

CSM#09KR0678

gallery_18988_379_127358.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My fuse box cover came in this week, and I got it installed today. Excellent quality and the fit is just about perfect. Here's the pics.

In the bag, there is a strip of rubber. Of course, no instructions, but after lining it up on the fuse box, it became obvious where that strip of rubber goes. Its to protect the wiring bundle from the edges of that side of the cover:

FBC1.jpg

After trying to slip the cover over the existing cover, I realized it would be easier to insert the exiting cover into the new one first:

FBC2.jpg

Now dropping it in place was a piece of cake:

FBC3.jpg

I got the fuse box cover two days ago along with the sill plates. It took like a week and a half to get both in. The fuse box cover looks much nicer compared to a big hunk of black plastic stairing at you. Now, I have to install the door sill plates.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got around to instaling the fuse box cover and had a problem with the fit. It doesn't sound like anyone else has had a problem with the fit, but I had to do some dremmel drill grinding to get it on right.

The mount for the cpu to the right of the fuse box was interefering with the front of the fuse box from seating correctly. I could get it on, but didn't hear a satisfying, "snap", on the front clip. The clip was on, but it wasn't right. It was under a lot of strain. I had to notch about a 1/16 inch of the fuse box cover to get it to fit around that cpu mount.

It's on now. Looks great. Just an fyi for others should they have yet to install it!

• 1 month later...

Archived