TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer Allocation Numbers

F150 Duke

All,

As I debate between getting an existing dealer 2010 GT500 and aggressively looking for an available 2011 GT500 I have encountered several dealers who have said they have multiple ’11 GT500 orders in and would be more than happy to order one for me. The number of dealers saying this is staggering. Has Ford changed the allocation numbers per dealer now or is it still at 1 allocation per dealer? I don’t want to put a deposit down and place an ’11 GT500 order if it’s going to sit for a year with the dealer until Ford decides to pull it by upping the dealer’s allocation.

Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Just received a call back from the Alabama dealer after she spoke with the manager. Apparently the have two allocations because the second came from their smaller sister dealership. They received confirmation from ford that they and other dealers would get a third allocation later this summer after Ford released the remaining gt500s. However that release date is tbd.

Well, it appears they are going to produce many more 2011 models than they did 2010. So logically, each dealer would have a greater number of allocations. For example, my local dealership received nine (9) allocations for the 2009 model year, but only three (3) for 2010. The number of allocations appears to be directly related to the number of units produced as well as sales capability. Obviously a large city dealership will be able to get more than a small country dealer would.

Just my observed input so far. It's based on absolutely no actual data whatsoever. :)

Well, it appears they are going to produce many more 2011 models than they did 2010. So logically, each dealer would have a greater number of allocations. For example, my local dealership received nine (9) allocations for the 2009 model year, but only three (3) for 2010. The number of allocations appears to be directly related to the number of units produced as well as sales capability. Obviously a large city dealership will be able to get more than a small country dealer would.

Just my observed input so far. It's based on absolutely no actual data whatsoever. :)

But it makes complete sense. So it looks like its just a mater of when and if it will be this summer. The downside for me is the car is not driveable past November.

there are very few dealers id trust,but Michael Morris one of them---contcat him and see what he has coming.Since money seems not to be a big issue, there are plenty of 2011s sitting on dealer lots.For me, the cars are almost the same, so id wait for the 2010 rebates that will surely come (although it didnt for the 2009s last year that were sitting on lots when the 10s came out),and save the 10k.You can get it drop shipped to a local dealer or he'll ship it himself to you.For a 10 you can have it RIGHT NOW and drive it thru the summer.Iam sure,if you spot a car that looks good, you could have a TS memeber go look ai it for you,and look for issues--ive done that.Thats way you can save flying down for an obviuos flwed car--good luck

I'm curious about the allocation numbers also, would also love to know the latest you guys think I could order a 2011 GT500, as in could I still walk into a dealer and order to my spec in Sept or Oct? Wonder when the last production dates are for the 2011's. I'm looking to wait a but and hopefully get a price closer to between invoice and sticker then paying sticker or mark up.

My dealer has received their second allocation but it is scheduled for an August build.

Yeah, that's supposed to be the car I ordered. Kona blue coupe, stripe delete....no options.

I wanted the SVT package, but at $3500, it's too steep. I can always buy a set of 3.73 gears and have them installed.

I'm curious about the allocation numbers also, would also love to know the latest you guys think I could order a 2011 GT500, as in could I still walk into a dealer and order to my spec in Sept or Oct? Wonder when the last production dates are for the 2011's. I'm looking to wait a but and hopefully get a price closer to between invoice and sticker then paying sticker or mark up.

for the 2010s you could order into Dec

Yeah, that's supposed to be the car I ordered. Kona blue coupe, stripe delete....no options.

I wanted the SVT package, but at $3500, it's too steep. I can always buy a set of 3.73 gears and have them installed.

Glad it worked out for you!

Don't forget the improved Tires and Lightweight wheels.

The Dealer that made me a deal on mine told me they made the deal because they just received a second allocation for winning some type of dealer award (can't recall the name of it).

there are very few dealers id trust,but Michael Morris one of them---contcat him and see what he has coming.Since money seems not to be a big issue, there are plenty of 2011s sitting on dealer lots.For me, the cars are almost the same, so id wait for the 2010 rebates that will surely come (although it didnt for the 2009s last year that were sitting on lots when the 10s came out),and save the 10k.You can get it drop shipped to a local dealer or he'll ship it himself to you.For a 10 you can have it RIGHT NOW and drive it thru the summer.Iam sure,if you spot a car that looks good, you could have a TS memeber go look ai it for you,and look for issues--ive done that.Thats way you can save flying down for an obviuos flwed car--good luck

Yeah I reached out to Mike yesterday and will see what he says. I'd prefer to order through him or anyone else. He and I have conversed via IM on here before regarding cars in the past so that level of comfort and trust is definitely there.

There was a member on here that ordered two '11 Grabber blue coupes spec'd how I want it, just one with the SVT. Both came in and he ended up keeping the SVT one. I wonder what happened to the other.

The Dealer that made me a deal on mine told me they made the deal because they just received a second allocation for winning some type of dealer award (can't recall the name of it).

Yeah, the SVT-PP would be nice, but I don't plan on road racing the car.

I will be drag racing (using slicks) on some NHRA 'strips. The 3.73s might be useful there.

I wanted to keep my purchase price under 50K. With the SVT-PP that'd make it over 53K.

All,

As I debate between getting an existing dealer 2010 GT500 and aggressively looking for an available 2011 GT500 I have encountered several dealers who have said they have multiple ’11 GT500 orders in and would be more than happy to order one for me. The number of dealers saying this is staggering. Has Ford changed the allocation numbers per dealer now or is it still at 1 allocation per dealer? I don’t want to put a deposit down and place an ’11 GT500 order if it’s going to sit for a year with the dealer until Ford decides to pull it by upping the dealer’s allocation.

Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Just from a quick count - there are over 50 dealerships with more than one ShelbyGT500's coming to them already. One of them already has 10! It's not to say that your specific dealership will get more than one in the model year..and there's no way to tell when it would come. Just wanted to toss that out there to dispel the 1 per dealer allocation notion.

Personally, I would shop around for an on lot car or find a dealer that has what you're looking for coming already and try to work a deal. That is, if you are not satisfied with the good word of dealer that they actually have an allocation open. They can order the cars all they want..but if Ford doesn't pull the order..it just sits there.

Just from a quick count - there are over 50 dealerships with more than one ShelbyGT500's coming to them already. One of them already has 10! It's not to say that your specific dealership will get more than one in the model year..and there's no way to tell when it would come. Just wanted to toss that out there to dispel the 1 per dealer allocation notion.

Personally, I would shop around for an on lot car or find a dealer that has what you're looking for coming already and try to work a deal. That is, if you are not satisfied with the good word of dealer that they actually have an allocation open. They can order the cars all they want..but if Ford doesn't pull the order..it just sits there.

Yeah, I am looking for existing 2011 units now in the config i want but I am not having any luck online. I'll start calling more local dealers to find if they have allocations.

The 2010 is looking less likely as the dealer is figuring out how much it will cost them to buy a new rim and cover. That info is making them less flexible on price to the point where I might not see the savings I was expecting.

Yeah, I am looking for existing 2011 units now in the config i want but I am not having any luck online. I'll start calling more local dealers to find if they have allocations.

The 2010 is looking less likely as the dealer is figuring out how much it will cost them to buy a new rim and cover. That info is making them less flexible on price to the point where I might not see the savings I was expecting.

What are you looking for? I'll see if any are around you in Minnesota - I'll PM you the locations if you would like.

wait how much lighter are the '11 wheels?

hey Blue, while you are in the thread....Would you minding looking at your information on the 2010 production and let me know what month the last production GT500 was produced? Torched remembered 2010's could be ordered at the dealer into December so now I'm curious when the last one was built.

Thank you!!!

hey Blue, while you are in the thread....Would you minding looking at your information on the 2010 production and let me know what month the last production GT500 was produced? Torched remembered 2010's could be ordered at the dealer into December so now I'm curious when the last one was built.

Thank you!!!

Second week of January was the last of them.

Don't forget the modern miracle that is www.cars.com when looking for a vehicle. I usually set up the search parameters within 10 miles so I don't see every Mustang in the country. Then expand it out once I've got the make, model and style filtering to close to what I am looking for. Right now I see 272 - '11 GT500s for sale across the US and 120 - '10s. (Not all dealers show up on cars.com. But it seems like a decent percentage of Ford dealers do anyway.)

If I find something that is at all interesting, I grab the dealers name or zip code and go down to the dealer through the Ford national site. That generally allows one to grab the window sticker. (A lot of the dealers seem to have "local" site that doesn't necessarily support the window sticker view.) The Ford website is OK for a general search, but it really tries to hard to direct you to your local dealer even if a direct match for what you built is 2 miles farther away. It also seems to believe that a v6 and GT500 are both matches to the same seach.... So I found I ended up having to view the individual dealer inventories and do a manual search. Before negotiating it is really useful to know if you are talking about the only GT500 in the the state or if everyone within 50 miles has one.

Just found your post with the details of the car you want. Grabber Blue with White Stripes - car cover and electronics package. Unfortunately...if you're looking for an on lot Grabber Blue this model year...it's going to be tough, tough. There have only been about 70 made so far. I only see one going to Minnesota - but it doesn't have the Electronics Package you want.

There's been only two cars produced so far this year to the options that you want. Both are going to Alabama.

I'll keep an eye out for more headed your way...if you want me to.

Just found your post with the details of the car you want. Grabber Blue with White Stripes - car cover and electronics package. Unfortunately...if you're looking for an on lot Grabber Blue this model year...it's going to be tough, tough. There have only been about 70 made so far. I only see one going to Minnesota - but it doesn't have the Electronics Package you want.

There's been only two cars produced so far this year to the options that you want. Both are going to Alabama.

I'll keep an eye out for more headed your way...if you want me to.

Hey Blue! That would be amazing if you could do that for me, even in the general mid-west would be fine too. Funny story, I had found the one in Alabama that was listed exactly how I want and on Cars.com. Called them up, turns out it's a special order for an existing customer. Not quite sure why it's being offered for sale on a website then.

That 2010 is looking more and more like my best bet so far. I have no problem waiting for a 2011 or doing a special order but you should see the responses I'm getting from dealers here in MN. I am tracking the feedback and will post it soon. Everyone is asking around $7,500 over MSRP which is mind blowing when you consider how many of these things are on ebay already for MSRP. The pain is that nearly everything has the SVT pkg.

Archived