TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When is the next Shelby GT500KR coming out?

Salar

I don't think the demand is there. Two of my local Ford dealers have new ones sitting on the showroom flloor (as of 6 weeks ago or so). When I was negotiating my '11 GT500 they asked a couple times if I was interested in the KR. I said no, and just tossed back "cars sitting on the showroom floor for years is what happens when you insist on dealer markups". Between Shelby and dealer greed they came out rediculously priced and to make matters worse, they hit the market at the worst possible point in the economic cycle. They are nice cars though.

I don't think the demand is there. Two of my local Ford dealers have new ones sitting on the showroom flloor (as of 6 weeks ago or so). When I was negotiating my '11 GT500 they asked a couple times if I was interested in the KR. I said no, and just tossed back "cars sitting on the showroom floor for years is what happens when you insist on dealer markups". Between Shelby and dealer greed they came out rediculously priced and to make matters worse, they hit the market at the worst possible point in the economic cycle. They are nice cars though.

Forget the 09 models, 2011 Shelby's lapped the VIR as fast as Zo6. It would be great if they make a lighter more track focused version of the 2011s and call it a KR. That, you can put a 82k price tag on. I love my 09 GT500 but, I think they didn't really spend some time on 09 KRs. They probably said yeah just put frpp sway bars and call it a day. Now they are wondering why there is no demand for them at $82k?!? :blink: ??. that's a bud light management right there....

Archived