TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mileage on Ebay 2011 GT500's

TX08SS

hmmmm

Id like to be the one to pop the cherry and active the blower

I will never forget the first time I heard that sound.

I actually forgot about the blower turning on after x amount of miles so initially I thought, are you kidding me, this car is nothing special. Then as I got near my house, I heard the blower and felt the power

awsome awsome day

mine also had 13 miles on it, i didn't even let the dealer prep the car i drove home with the white tape on parts of the car the dealer also said they had to test drive for gas, and inspection of some sort , (bullshit) i got the car with no gas, did not complain about that because i told them not to drive it or did i want there prep guy testing my car , so where did the 13 miles come from, i have seen cars milage range from 2 miles 40 miles to some on ebay selling as new with 400 miles on them i would not except a car with that kind of milage and be considered new how do somecars get this milage , when i got my termi in 04 it came with a paper stating it was one of the cars that was tested by ford thats ok but not someone in a dealership who wants to take a joy ride on your money

My dealership demanded to fill the car up with gas but they didn't want any employees driving the car; so after the paperwork was done I followed them to the gas station, they filled it up, they drove back and I drove home.

However, I did insist they not detail the car. It's black and I didn't want some guy that doesn't care washing it with a rag he's dropped on the pavement several times already.

My dealership demanded to fill the car up with gas but they didn't want any employees driving the car; so after the paperwork was done I followed them to the gas station, they filled it up, they drove back and I drove home.

However, I did insist they not detail the car. It's black and I didn't want some guy that doesn't care washing it with a rag he's dropped on the pavement several times already.

TX STIG,

After all that smack talk you turn out to be a lil' B****! You should've let the dealership employee wash your car with that dirty rag and not have been such a "girl" about it. And only a "girl" would follow the dealership employee to the fuel station and watch them put gas in his car.

TX STIG,

After all that smack talk you turn out to be a lil' B****! You should've let the dealership employee wash your car with that dirty rag and not have been such a "girl" about it. And only a "girl" would follow the dealership employee to the fuel station and watch them put gas in his car.

I'm so busted! LOL

Now...where did I leave my white sunglasses?

What's the big deal? It's no more special than someone driving the car for the first time with 5,000 miles on it and feeling the supercharger kick in for the first time. I don't get what this excitement is that you're referring to about it being the "first time". Everyone experiences it for a "first time".

If you want to feel something special give it a set of gears so it doesn't feel so chicken sh!t all the time when it's out of boost.

Just personal preference. That's all. If other people are cool with it, great. I was speaking for myself, not everyone. Michael is great guy and I'm sure he knows what his clients want. As for Gears? Who needs gears when you have over 550 to the rear wheels with Griggs suspension. I'd love to show you my "chicken shit" car on a track any day....if you could keep up that is. :speedie:

Michael, I know you're a great dealer and I am not trying to take anything away from you. You likely have the best reputation among TS Members which says a lot. I would buy a car from you in a heartbeat. I'm just stating that I find it odd that some dealers, and not necessarily you in particular, are activating the superchargers on their own accord, without buyer consent. Like I said, it was the best part of buying the vehicle for me, and is something I will never forget. Having been on this Forum for a few years now, I can't tell you how many posts I've read from other owners stating the same thing. "It's so awesome when the supercharger kicks in", etc. That said, everyone has their own preference. I just know that in the future if and when I buy a car from you, and I probably will some day, I will ask that you NOT activate the supercharger. :)

I bet many buyers are unaware this is happening or they would protest.

And what's up with turning the SC on and off? The computer doesn't control boost like a turbo car, that's why the boost is handled via pulley changes. I assumed the reduction in power was via retarded timing or reduced fuel delivery???

Nah, it just limits the RPM to 4K which keeps it from getting full boost. It limits it with throttle blade position (remember, "Fly by wire"). No air in, no air to compress therefor no boost (to speak of).

Same effect, different method.

Phill

Im glad Michael set mine--at my age I might have had a heart attack when it came on--still while i as taking my first drive, the first time i went full throttle, the SC was quite amazing,more than i expected

Archived