TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Faux Gas Cap Emblem Change

Can someone tell me the best way to change out the center emblem on the rear "gas cap"? I would prefer to preserve the original "GT" emblem if possible, and of course not scratch up the trim ring/paint. I found some posts about removing the trim ring, but nothing about the center.

Thanks in advance

Can someone tell me the best way to change out the center emblem on the rear "gas cap"? I would prefer to preserve the original "GT" emblem if possible, and of course not scratch up the trim ring/paint. I found some posts about removing the trim ring, but nothing about the center.

Thanks in advance

Dan, go to TheMustangSource.com search GT Disk Emblem Removal 05-09 model. Very detailed removal instructions. PM me if you have any questions. I removed mine.

Dan, go to TheMustangSource.com search GT Disk Emblem Removal 05-09 model. Very detailed removal instructions. PM me if you have any questions. I removed mine.

Thanks Zachman,

Great reference, but now I have another problem. A whole new forum to take up more time and find more ways to spend money on my Mustang!happy%20feet.gif

Yes, I have one coming. Are you saying it simply goes over the GT emblem without having to remove the original?

YES, nothing to remove, just peel and stick

Clean the old emblem really well with rubbing alcohol. Make sure the new emblem is straight and level cause once it sticks, it's on for good. Good Luck !

• 2 weeks later...

Cobra Scotty, that is the one cap I so want :drool:

The wheels too....

Look I got some :dance:

Naaaa, photoshop :hysterical:

Forgedsgt.jpg

+1

The Alcoa's are beautiful!!!!

are they lighter in weight compared to the factory wheels or the Razors?

Laurence

Okay guys,

I need some feedback. Apparently SPP is concerned that I am trying to turn my SGT-H into some sort of SGT tribute. The crazy thing is they are the ones that recommended the darn cap thing.

Check this and tell me what you think. I could really use someone explaining the reason I cannot have a Shelby GT cap.......

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58141-trunk-lock-cap/

Now I'm just irritated....I don't really care about the cap.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

I used a saw all on my faux gas cap

• 1 year later...

Got mine from SPP and will put it on in the Spring - baby is sleeping now. If you can't catch a good sale with SPP try Ebay - same part cheaper - because of the high S&H costs. Kind of makes it available to anyone - not really a part that is monitored.

On peel and stick be very careful to line up properly and install from one side to the other with a way to smooth/push out the air bubbles. I misted with windex then applied one over the GT emblem with great results and no air bubbles on another Mustang I owned before my SGT/BJ. Misting allows for corrections of mistakes or air bubbles in the middle. Hair dryer not to close to help with drying quickly. GG

Archived