TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Faux Gas Cap Emblem Change

Ok I was thinking decal for some reason. On my SGT/BJ the disk was faded out from the AZ sun on purchase and there were no replacements from Shelby even under warranty. I had some decals made as a temp fix and then paid some one to make new disks and purchased two faux caps, had the Cobra removed and the BJ Logo inserted, pricey, but it was the only way to fix . As I recall I sent BUD a couple as they were out also, but they were decals that were just peel and stick. GG

has anyone replaced the ford ring with the Shelby ring, and then used the peel and stick CS emblem?

You will have to take a dremel tool and open up the center hole of the aluminum Shelby trim ring just a little to make it work . If you want to see a custom one then PM gt350lp and get him to post a picture of the one I made for him on his "tribute" car. It's a mix of "old school" and new.

• 1 year later...

I have a berg snake faux gas cover available, if someone is interested? SPP no longer carries them and they are very difficult to find now. In fact I cannot find anyone making or selling them anymore.

PM me to discuss!

Archived