TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions by dummies: post any question here!

66DNA

My question is this: My SVT light stays on constantly. Is that correct???

Yes. I remains lit untill or unless you program it to be used as a shift light.

If you program as a shift light it stays off until the programmed RPM is hit, then it lights up (telling you to shift).

There is also a tone (beeeeeeeeeeeeep) that goes along with it when used as a shft light.

It's all done via your driver information center settings, the three buttons on the lower dash, left of the steering column (info/input/reset?).

And if you can't figure it out on your own (it's pretty simple) the owners manual outlines the proceedure/s.

Phill

No, the block is Aluminum, based off of the Ford GT.

"We recently had a chance to sit down with GT500 chief nameplate engineer Jamal Hameedi in his office at SVT's headquarters to learn more about what's new for 2011. Switching to an aluminum block was a bit more complicated than simply digging out the casting molds that were used for the GT. The engine in that 200+ mph supercar used a dry sump lubrication system and featured iron cylinder liners. The new GT500 engine is derived from the structural design of the older block but retains the wet sump system used in other Mustangs. The real magic is something that most owners will likely never actually see."

"The new engine also has its roots in the iconic Ford GT. The new 5.4-liter engine is an evolution of the GT engine, with improved block structure through the use of a unique bulkhead chilled process and six-bolt billet main bearing caps. This new advanced engine will exceed Ford GT performance with its traditional supercharger technology."

I have edited my post to specify the 2010 iron block engine...not the 2011 aluminum engine :)

I just got a 2011 Shelby SVT and NYS also requires 2 plates. I ordered a bracket on line from www.dmctag.com It costs $100.00 and they require payment thru paypal. My dealer wanted to drill holes in my car too. We laughed at him.....

Thanks Annette, I'll check it out, seems steep for a bracket but it's better then a drill to the bumper, Still laughing at him :) Thanks again R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, the block is Aluminum, based off of the Ford GT.

Looks like he edited his original post to say 2010 so he's not asking about the '11.

I personally don't know if it's the same block or not so I'll sit and wait for the answer too!

Phill

What is going on with this forum update! I keep getting windows compatibility issues, refreshes, and herky jerky left right problems. Seems the last update broke the forum. Don't ask it, my PC is up to date.

The TS forum was having problems about the time you posted your Q.

It's all taken care of now so shouldn't be anymore problems.

Phill

OK I have a stupid question. I picked up my 2010 GT500 on July 30th of this year. I live in Ontario Canada and we require a Front plate by law, Why you ask because Governments are in fact stupid and should probably post all their questions in this area... Any way back to my question, Me dealer was going to take a drill to my front bumper (GASP) I said no F---ing way, so I have the front plate tie wrapped on right now, does anyone know of a bracket or something that will work on the front of the GT 500???? HELP

I have a bracket on my Shelby that attaches to the lower grill no drilling . Works great Pm me for info .

My turn, what's the best socket (nylon lined ? deep well?) and size for my 11 GT500.

Thanks, still trying to learn.

For *what*, on your GT500?

Lug nuts? General?

Phill

Sorry, wheels lugnuts .

Ah, okay, I'll have to check what fraction size I've been using.

I was using a cross wrench by hand so as not to hammer the lug nuts with my air gun but I used my air gun (with std. wheel socket) this last time and didn't harm the lug nuts at all. I have the Snap-On double lug nut socket so it's one of the two "standard" sizes. I'll look on the socket to see which one it was.

Phill

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question now! I posted in one forum but this seems like a better place since it says post any and all questions here!!!

I have ordered a new mustang GT (not a shelby this time) and I just got my VIN. Does anyone know how I can track the VIN online to track my build? I know Randy (user name??) with a 2011 shelby told me he had tracked his VIN the whole time to see how the car was progressing. Is there a website? Where and how can I track my build? Or is that just a shelby feature? My other 3 shelby's I bought already at a dealer, didnt order, so I haven't had anything to track before. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK I have a stupid question. I picked up my 2010 GT500 on July 30th of this year. I live in Ontario Canada and we require a Front plate by law, Why you ask because Governments are in fact stupid and should probably post all their questions in this area... Any way back to my question, Me dealer was going to take a drill to my front bumper (GASP) I said no F---ing way, so I have the front plate tie wrapped on right now, does anyone know of a bracket or something that will work on the front of the GT 500???? HELP

My friend put his plate on the passenger side sun visor, he just flips it down when he is in town. We are from Ontario too, the plate law only states it must be facing forward in some fashion. He has had no problems as of yet. An OPP officer even came up to us at a gas station and was looking at the car, he had no issue with were the plate was.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a recent owner of a 2011 GT500, in fact I actually won it in a Best Buy Canada contest back in December and took delivery last Thursday. I still can''t believe it. A Shelby car cover was included in the prize. Does anyone have a Shelby car cover and do you know if it is washable? Mine was actually from a car in storage that they used for the unveiling so I don't have any information on maintaining the cover. Any input would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Here is my dumb question.. What does MY mean? In reference when people are talking about their Mustangs.. (Maybe it means Mustang Year?) LOl

MY = Model Year

HTH,

Phill

I am a recent owner of a 2011 GT500, in fact I actually won it in a Best Buy Canada contest back in December and took delivery last Thursday. I still can''t believe it. A Shelby car cover was included in the prize. Does anyone have a Shelby car cover and do you know if it is washable? Mine was actually from a car in storage that they used for the unveiling so I don't have any information on maintaining the cover. Any input would be appreciated.

Not sure if it's washable or not.

If anything, I might try washing it while it's on the car with a garden hose and car wash soap, rinse well and let it air dry (HANG it up) then wash my car to get all the dirt off of it.

Or maybe one of those quarter/dollar self-landrymats with a big ole washer, on delicate cycle???

Is it really *that* dirty already, that ya need to wash it? Mine only goes on a CLEAN car so as not to scratch the paint from dirt being dragged across the paint with the cover so it's not at all dirty. Maybe a little "dusty" on the exterior, but I'm okay with that.

Phill

My friend put his plate on the passenger side sun visor, he just flips it down when he is in town. We are from Ontario too, the plate law only states it must be facing forward in some fashion. He has had no problems as of yet. An OPP officer even came up to us at a gas station and was looking at the car, he had no issue with were the plate was.

You have just been lucky it must be displayed on the front of the vehicle & that doesn`t mean on the dash or sun visor. I know two people that have been ticketed.

How does one find out the production number (for example, #1 of x,xxx) by VIN?

You have to order the "build sheets" from Ford Performance Group. They cost $45.00 and will be shipped to you via UPS. They run validated VINs every two Tuesdays (if I remember correctly). This is what ends up taking some time for delivery; however, I think the longest you'll wait should be around 3 weeks. There is no legitimate information online or in digital form; however, the nice thing is your build sheet will be signed by Carol Shelby too (which also requires a little time prior to receipt).

Hope that helps. Just call on Monday, and it'll be there soon. :mail:

Edited by jcarver

My 2010 came with a Shelby car cover, and I have washed it in the washer on gentle; however, I did not dry it in the dryer. I laid it out (outside down) in the sun. After it was dry, I then used a "Swiffer" pad to get any remaining dirt out prior to folding up so as to minimize any possible scratches in the future as a result of dirt on the inside. As a result, I would plan on doing this when it's sunny and very low wind so as to minimize anything blowing into it while air drying. Hope that helps. :burnout: